New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The thing is regardless of who the QB is we are still going to be a running team because Flus is always going to believe in controlling the clock...I would rather be run heavy than pass heavy...hopefully whoever does land the job understands the importance of both and keeps us balanced.

Kingsbury's Cardinals were top 8 in the NFL in rushing attempts in 2020 and 2021.

4 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Kingsbury's Cardinals were top 8 in the NFL in rushing attempts in 2020 and 2021.

Attempts are one thing...

2020: 4.7 YPC

2021: 4.2 YPC

2022: 4.3 YPC

Only in 2020 were they not bottom 8 in rushing efficiency...now a lot goes into that obviously and the fact he was at least willing to run is good...you just wonder what happened in 2022 after a very successful season to go from top 8 in attempts to bottom half.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Only in 2020 were they not bottom 8 in rushing efficiency...now a lot goes into that obviously and the fact he was at least willing to run is good...you just wonder what happened in 2022 after a very successful season to go from top 8 in attempts to bottom half.

He was also the coach in 2019 when they were top 3 in YPC. I'd guess the dropoff in attempts in 2022 was due to:

1. Losing Chase Edmonds who had a sizeable role in their RB committee
  2. The team being in more losing game situations

2 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

He was also the coach in 2019 when they were top 3 in YPC. I'd guess the dropoff in attempts in 2022 was due to:

1. Losing Chase Edmonds who had a sizeable role in their RB committee
  2. The team being in more losing game situations

If losing Chase Edmonds hurts your offence then you had issues to start with hahaha

If the "leaks" that Kingsbury had a good interview are accurate... I might actually have him as the top option right now, for EITHER Caleb or Fields..

Caleb for obvious scheme familiarity reasons to start, but also because frankly Caleb SHOULD be on a pass first team offensively. 

Fields, on the other hand.... simply can't handle the reads/timing of the shannahan west coast offense.

I'd add that literally none of the candidates interviewed save Kingsbury have had that high powered of an offense overall.  Waldron at least redeemed Geno Smith, which probably makes him #2..... but my gut feeling (read absolutely nothing to back this up) is that HH wants Kubiak.

I'd add, trying to outright copy/paste either San Fran or the Kingsbury Cardinals is kind of a weird proposition for us roster wise...  

We don't have the receiver depth to run air raid. We're literally THREE receivers and a running back short of that (he ran 10 personnel a lot), and that's counting DJ Moore. Furthermore Kmet is actually pretty good.

San Fran on the other hand, is MASSIVELY more stout up front than we are. One of my biggest critiques of the Getsy scheme is that it's always trying to get "finesse" guys on the line, who can't win a head to head fight, but can run away and get leverage to the outside. It's a chicken-*poop scheme, and we really don't have a great capability to run power whenever and wherever we want to. San Fran can.  Of our current OL, only Wright and  (healthy) Jenkins have that ability imo. It's part of the reason I'm lowering on picking up Bowers for 12 sets.... We'd still need to revamp 3 spots on the OL AND revamp at least 2 spots of depth behind Bowers/Kmet to run a "bully ball" 12 personnel  physical attack. 

15 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Rumors say Andy Reid is contemplating retirement. Does anybody from that staff make sense in Chicago? Their OL coach Andy Heck played several seasons for the Bears.

Chris Morgan will go no where this offseason…

Will be fun to see if Nagy just gets promoted to HC 😂

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

GB failing against the 49ers again...

Does it give Kubiak an advantage in our OC search?

Another thing with Kubiak...to the best of my knowledge he hasn't interviewed anywhere else...

And now we are on to looking at DCs...

Interesting...he is my #2 so I would be pretty happy if he is the choice at OC.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Another thing with Kubiak...to the best of my knowledge he hasn't interviewed anywhere else...

And now we are on to looking at DCs...

Interesting...he is my #2 so I would be pretty happy if he is the choice at OC.

Kubiak wouldn't be a bad hire. If he could bring his dad over with him in an advisory role then even better 

41 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Kubiak wouldn't be a bad hire. If he could bring his dad over with him in an advisory role then even better 

I guess he will always have that unofficially...would be even better if he can bring some of the other guys we have interviewed as position coaches 

4 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

Rumors say Andy Reid is contemplating retirement. Does anybody from that staff make sense in Chicago? Their OL coach Andy Heck played several seasons for the Bears.

I’ll believe that when I see it. If he didn’t walk away a few years ago, and then again last year after a 2nd Lombardi, something drastic would have to have changed.

Seems like it’s just people wanting to spread the rumor after the Saban stuff snuck by most people 

30 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I assumed when he wasn’t hired right away, that he wasn’t interested. 

He would make the best hire we could have hoped for, and are honestly lucky that Seattle decided to blow everything up.

Will be very interested to see how he fills out the rest of the staff. 

I would say Waldron alone doesn’t really tip the scales on what we do at QB like some others would have 

• Like 2