2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• GB
    • SF

16 hours ago, Forge said:

I generally hate non neutral weather because you just never know the impact.

We do know the impact, though. It's lessens the quality of the game/competition in almost all contests. 

It's akin to hosing down the courts in the NBA playoffs or having the Masters take place in late January. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jameson_Neat said:

We do know the impact, though. It's lessens the quality of the game/competition in almost all contests. 

It's akin to hosing down the courts in the NBA playoffs or having the Masters take place in late January. 

I referring to the impact specific to the two teams. I'm of the opinion that it generally closes the gap so if you're the better team, you hate it... Though I'm sure that's not the case all the time. I'm sure there are times where bad weather exaggerates the difference even more though

Sigh. 

A lot of talk about the rain getting worse throughout the game with some  bouts of heavy rain. 

I'm not comfortable with Purdy in that situation at all

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sigh. 

A lot of talk about the rain getting worse throughout the game with some  bouts of heavy rain. 

I'm not comfortable with Purdy in that situation at all

Bet you wish your QB's hands were as big as my QBs's hands.

• Like 1

If we're ever gonna have a 9-8 Super Bowl Champion, this is probably the year, as there's no dominant teams at all IMO. I mean, Niners/Ravens, but they are both very beatable. Then NFL can market the #7 seed "matters" and can win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

If we're ever gonna have a 9-8 Super Bowl Champion, this is probably the year, as there's no dominant teams at all IMO. I mean, Niners/Ravens, but they are both very beatable. Then NFL can market the #7 seed "matters" and can win the Super Bowl. 

In fairness, this is only because the #7 seed does matter, and can win the Super Bowl.

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In fairness, this is only because the #7 seed does matter, and can win the Super Bowl.

"Technically", sure. I would argue the #7 seed probably matters once every 5-6 years on average though.

The Packers are a rare one that does matter. That's because it's a young team that had growing pains, just like any young team. Now they have experience, have gelled, have learned, and are much closer to their potential. The Packers are really more of a 11-12 win #2-#3 seed type team, but was a young inexperienced team like I said, which resulted in 9 wins when they are better than that. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

43 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

With that said, Niners win by 4-7. 

I had niners by 4 previous to the weather reveal. Now I'm debating. Rain really helps out Green Bay in this equation in my opinion. 

But I'm also a notorious worrywart with stuff like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I had niners by 4 previous to the weather reveal. Now I'm debating. Rain really helps out Green Bay in this equation in my opinion. 

But I'm also a notorious worrywart with stuff like this. 

Everyone knows you’re a reverse-jynx anarchist. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Everyone knows you’re a reverse-jynx anarchist. 

🤣

Ultimately, I don't think I can't pick against the niners. I think there's just too much talent there. 

But man I hate hate hate rain lol