Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Seriously….this guy is a troll…nothing more

I think he's outted himself as a Packers fan. He doesn't get this agitated normally. Or her I suppose is possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

Yep but he got it done when it mattered. That last drive should build his confidence 

Kid just can't play well in the rain from what we've seen. It is what it is. Everyone has their skill sets.  But like you said, he got it done. 

No rain next week as far I'm aware, he can go kick some ***

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Then I'm guessing you have no incentive to keep watching. Let alone post here. 

I watch the entire NFL on a weekly basis as I'm an NFL fan as well as a Niners fan. If the Niners had a team equivalent of the 1989 & 1994 squads I'd be the first to come on here and boast about it. 

I should be happy but I'm still pissed...

We were sooooooo lucky tonight.

We got outplayed for 58 mins.

I should feel better now that we've escaped with a win but I'm just kind of numb.

When Aaron Jones broke off that long run, I just knew were done. 

Maybe I'll feel different after I sleep it off but I just feel really indifferent about pulling this one out, idk...

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nick Bosa with 5 QB hits and no sacks. I just don't even get it at this point lol. Some real analysis needs to be done to why this keeps happening. 

This year he hasn't been able to wrap up the QB and bring him down. I'd even settle for just make the QB throw it away or complete for a short gain but the QB's tend to throw to move the sticks when he gets pressured. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I should be happy but I'm still pissed...

We were sooooooo lucky tonight.

We got outplayed for 58 mins.

I should feel better now that we've escaped with a win but I'm just kind of numb.

When Aaron Jones broke off that long run and I just knew were done. 

Maybe I'll feel different after I sleep it off but I just feel really indifferent about pulling this one out, idk...

I feel the same way man as I can't get excited about a performance like this. This game was just lost by the Packers as the Niners had no business advancing and definitely nothing to boast about. If Bill Belichick coached them tonight they'd be serious hell to pay all week lol!

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nick Bosa with 5 QB hits and no sacks. I just don't even get it at this point lol. Some real analysis needs to be done to why this keeps happening. 

Our front four should be feasting. I don't get it at all.

As far as the game, I'm glad Purdy could come from behind. We will need more of that to get too, and win the Super Bowl.

Just now, NFL Network said:

I feel the same way man as I can't get excited about a performance like this. This game was just lost by the Packers as the Niners had no business advancing and definitely nothing to boast about. If Bill Belichick coached them tonight they'd be serious hell to pay all week lol!

That's actually how I look at it...

We didn't win, the Packers just lost.

I have no faith in the defense to slow down anybody from the AFC.

Whether it's the Lions or Bucs, I think they'll give up there fair share of yards & points next week.

The offense will be better if the weather permits but I have lost faith in this defense to get off the field on 3rd & Long or 3rd & manageables. 

I've said it ALL year, the front four don't affect the pocket enough for the amount of money and resources poured into it. Thomas is feast or famine most times on the outside. 

Granted, we gave up some plays due to guys losing their footing but again, we knew about the rain ALL week...I didn't see any of the Packers defenders slipping & sliding.

Just a big meh for me on that side of the ball moving forward.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I watch the entire NFL on a weekly basis as I'm an NFL fan as well as a Niners fan. If the Niners had a team equivalent of the 1989 & 1994 squads I'd be the first to come on here and boast about it. 

Think this place will be fine without your boasting. 

Your constant criticism is more akin to constant cynicism even in the midst of a win in the playoffs. No one is asking you to be a groupie, but at least consider being fair with your takes, which are 99% negative. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I've said it ALL year, the front four don't affect the pocket enough for the amount of money and resources poured into it. Thomas is feast or famine most times on the outside. 

Agreed, and this will be a massive problem against Detroit. Sewell is going to eat Bosa's lunch. 

But a problem for another day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Granted, we gave up some plays due to guys losing their footing but again, we knew about the rain ALL week...I didn't see any of the Packers defenders slipping & sliding.

Weather is a dice roll. Packers also fumbled twice in the rain, and 49ers didn't capitalize. Knowing about the rain all way doesn't really matter, as there isn't much one can do about slipping. 49ers just didn't get the breaks in the weather as much as one would have liked. Purdy playing lackluster didn't help either. But they won. 

At least this wasn't in dry conditions. I'm with you on the run defense which continues to look worse the later we go into the season. Not acceptable given the capital invested. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe