Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Purdy just needs to accept he needs to wear a glove in the rain and get used to it. He just struggles to grip it and can't control the ball. Wearing a glove on the left hand is something he needs to do regardless to help dry the ball some. 

He'll need to experiment in the offseason, and find out what's comfortable for him. Regardless, he might just be lackluster in the rain. Some guys are. What's funny, is that in the 1997 NFC title game Steve Young's statline is nearly identical to Purdy's, except Steve had the INT, instead of the TD. And that game was in the rain. Weird. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Sounds like Kyle was a bit too caviler for my liking in his response to his sequence before the 2nd half. 

I do understand he might have been on edge, because it seemed all game that GB was just moving the ball at will, and dominated TOP for a while. Could have easily got a FG with 45 seconds remaining or less. Maybe on a PI call to help them out. As much as I am for "playing to win the game", there was still another half to go, and he went for the Madden double-up. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He'll need to experiment in the offseason, and find out what's comfortable for him. Regardless, he might just be lackluster in the rain. Some guys are. What's funny, is that in the 1997 NFC title game Steve Young's statline is nearly identical to Purdy's, except Steve had the INT, instead of the TD. And that game was in the rain. Weird. 

Young had some rough performances in bad weather games as well. These games really do favor power throwers. So maybe gloves won't do the trick either. 

Just have to hope we always get the #1 seed and it does not rain in the playoffs lol. 

Love looks like the real deal and has a bright future, but I can't believe how many people were echoing these thoughts after the game. Like he was fine before the two INTs but far from great. Heck, most of his big plays came with coverage busts or defenders falling down. And then he had two terrible INTs that didn't need to happen. 

Both young QBs had their moments but didn't play close to their best. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Love looks like the real deal and has a bright future, but I can't believe how many people were echoing these thoughts after the game. Like he was fine before the two INTs but far from great. Heck, most of his big plays came with coverage busts or defenders falling down. And then he had two terrible INTs that didn't need to happen. 

Both young QBs had their moments but didn't play close to their best. 

I counted 5 completed passes where a defender slipped. Regardless, he does look like a future baller. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I will say it was cool seeing our former players who are still in league like Azeez & Solly in attendance and showing support.

Our culture definitely hits different.

Azeez was like on field doing stuff with the linebackers doing pregame lol

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gonna suck when Jennings departs.

In case others are unsure ( I was ), both overthecap and spotrac have JJ as a

RFA

so we don't need to worry till after 2025.

• Like 2

I rewatched the game and Purdy wasn’t as bad as I thought. Missed 4 or 5 BAD misses and was late a number of times. I’m standing by the rust thing as far as the timing goes. And rain is definitely not his friend. Don’t get me wrong, it was one of his worst games, but in the stress of it yesterday it felt like he missed every throw outside of the last drive and the Kittle TD. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Purdy had some funky throws, but Kyle was an idiot for making him throw 40 times in the rain.

It was the defense that was an atrocity. 

Yet the defense only allowed 21 points, including 8 points on a drive that started inside the 25 yard line due to the big kick return. As bad as it seemed at times, they locked down when they had to. Did not help that they kept falling down which led to big plays. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Forge said:

The phrasing of this is weird. Did this come from deebo himself? 

"Does deebo have a chance to play"

"Yes I do" 

13 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think a match up against Goff really lends itself to more bltizing, like Forge mentioned earlier.  They have a clear 1 WR we can match up] with Ward, we have good matchups across the board.  Goff is not adept at buying time.  I bet the guys on the line would enjoy a game where they just p]in their ears back.

Kinlaw made a few strong plays in the short yardage run game.

I don't think ward matches up all that well with Amon Ra as far as shadowing goes. I don't think that is the right call. 

Lenoir probably is the better fit for that role but because he plays in the slot I don't think we necessarily need to play man coverage to force that matchup. 

Lenoir had himself one helluva game. He is an absolute baller. He is priority #2 for me this off-season behind aiyuk. 

• Like 2