Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

How the hell is Dre questionable after he's had 2 weeks off?

Did he get injured this week?

Dre has been dealing with that injury for a few weeks now. Dre didn't practice on Tuesday so that's probably why he is questionable. I believe he was limited yesterday.

I don't have much worry about him suiting up and playing on Saturday night. 

17 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

How the hell is Dre questionable after he's had 2 weeks off?

Did he get injured this week?

I don't think that this is going away until next year. I'm honestly just praying he doesn't tear it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Looks like it is going to rain right up until kickoff, and then it should be dry during the game. 

https://www.windy.com/-Rain-thunder-rain?rain,37.377,-122.086,11

Great website ^. I have found it to be very on point when it comes to bay area weather. 

Looks like it is going to rain all day on Sunday, so I am very glad we are playing on Saturday night. 

Yeah, I really hope it stays relatively dry. I know I'm like a worrywart about this stuff, but weather and rain is an annoying variable. Far too often closes the gap rather than creates one. And I still don't know what to make of Purdy in the rain. I mean, even if you look at that Seattle game last year in the playoffs...when it was actually raining a decent bit in the first half, what was Purdy, like 9 of 20 or something? He ended up having a hell of a game of course, but in the depths of the weather, when it was the worst, his performance in that one doesn't alleviate concerns. 

• Like 4

For some reason that no Packers fans can figure out, Joe Barry is extremely successful against Shannahan/McVay offenses. We're undefeated vs Rams and Dolphins during his tenure and we beat you guys in the regular season 2 years ago and held your offense to 6 points in the playoffs. 

30 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

For some reason that no Packers fans can figure out, Joe Barry is extremely successful against Shannahan/McVay offenses. We're undefeated vs Rams and Dolphins during his tenure and we beat you guys in the regular season 2 years ago and held your offense to 6 points in the playoffs. 

Well some of it is context. 

The last two years they have played the Rams, they played Baker with no Kupp and this year they got Brett Rypien. Neither game featured stafford. 2021 they did beat the Rams with Stafford, but the Rams did put up 28 points (though they were up by a comfortable margin entering the 4th when the Rams scored to make it a two possession game)

Against the Dolphins, that was the famous Tua concussion game. Before the concussion, Tua had ripped them apart. He was quite literally averaging nearly 20 yards per pass at half time. Took the hit, promptly threw 3 ints and looked like he was on another planet. 

49ers playoff game was injured Jimmy G in the snow. I don't think the expectation is that a QB like Jimmy G is going to perform well in that weather or that that type of game is going to be high scoring.  Earlier in the season the niners put up 28 which I don't consider a good defensive performance. They were fantastic in the first half, I'll admit. And that was despite Jimmy G having one of the grossest and hilarious plays you'll ever see: 

They've been up and down against KOC (the game last year where Alexander just absolutely shut down JJ was a really strong performance)  and up and down against Ben Johnson (I think it's worthwhile to include Johnson because even though he's not a direct disciple, he runs a ton of the same concepts). 

So honestly, I don't think that there's enough there to decipher anything. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, adamq said:

It galls me that TO gets so much of the love with this play. He alligator armed so many passes in this game. He was really bad. Until this. What is forgotten is Greg Clark's contribution. He was our starting TE. He had 3 targets and 3 catches: 1 first down, 2 TDs! Without him, we likely lose. Dominant blocker and budding receiver who had to retire too soon (had at least 2 surgeries on his chronic hamstrings). Only lasted about 3 years. 

I really didn't like the TO that showed up after Jerry and Steve were gone. Diva!

• Like 1