AFC Divisional Round: 4) Houston Texans @ 1) B'more 'Vens

Longhorns90

Who ya got?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• 4.) Houston Texans
    • 1.) Baltimore Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 11:30 PM

You can tell this is a frustrated offense. Still trying to make the defense get wide but they’re sniffing everything out with speed. Every third down throw seems like a prayer. They’re not gonna win like this, unless the defense starts producing TOs.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

😄

I ******* love Lamar but I absolutely adore his QBs who can run. Everyone hates it but it's still the future. And I will not be convinced otherwise.

Just now, Forge said:

Doesn't have to be a third and long playcall. Get 8 of it back. This is an area where you should be thinking 3rd + 4th 

Well, probably needed to get more than 2 there. 

I just don't think the Texans offensive line is good enough against this Baltimore front to sustain long drives and they aren't giving Stroud enough time to get it downfield 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

You learn. At this level enthusiasm does it. I went in just mainly as a football fan with some playing experience. I was more of a yeller at first until I realized a lot of these kids are brand new to the game. These days I only yell about lack of effort and goofing off when it’s time to work. Not that much different from when I’m teaching (with less yelling, obviously). 

Just basic maturity stuff, the stuff they can control. 

I think it's probably the same as the reason i looked at teaching at one point, and decided that was as probably not actually for me.  My patience level is just not high enough for it.

I've got a standing invitation to actually drop by and help coach if i'm ever back in my hometown for any length of time.  But that's also pretty much where my connections end with HS teammates who just became townies and now run the football programs.  And i'm confident in some things, but teaching kids scares the **** out of me.

Maybe someday i'll figure it out, or at least just dive in and go from there.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

I ******* love Lamar but I absolutely adore his QBs who can run. Everyone hates it but it's still the future. And I will not be convinced otherwise.

The more things you can do, the more pressure you put on a defense. They can't just rush 4 and have guys pin their ears back.

It is literally the future of the game, that's why almost every QB coming out has some sort of dual-threat in their game. Statue QB's are gone.

• Like 1