AFC Divisional Round: 4) Houston Texans @ 1) B'more 'Vens

Longhorns90

Who ya got?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• 4.) Houston Texans
    • 1.) Baltimore Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 11:30 PM

13 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We haven't played a game against them in non-inclement weather since he got there.

With his ability to run... a bad weather game should benefit his game. And the playoff game wasnt inclement. Just cold. Still struggled.

5 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

I'm honestly pretty surprised with Houston. They looked like they didn't prepare at all, offensively the game plan and execution was not good. It doesn't help that their tackle play was some of the worst I've seen in quite some time, but they just didn't game plan well.

Should have had better protection schemes and let CJ sling it. 

Defensively, they looked lost at times. They could contain blitz but db's were playing 10 yards off. Lamar made them look so bad, holy smokes.

Overall, tough game to watch. Not competitive at all.

This is why the Jaguars should've been there.

Not that they're a perfect team, far from it...but they would've at least given 'em a run.  Lawrence would've at least let it fly for better or worse.

But no, he had to get all banged up to finish the season and watch them fall out of the #1 seed they were cruising to, and out of the playoffs altogether to let the Texans slop in.

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

With his ability to run... a bad weather game should benefit his game. And the playoff game wasnt inclement. Just cold. Still struggled.

I'm not making any predictions. But Lamar has revamped his mechanics and throws with more velocity and a tighter spiral now over the course of several years. So I would think he is now better equipped to play in cold windy conditions.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

This is why the Jaguars should've been there.

Not that they're a perfect team, far from it...but they would've at least given 'em a run.  Lawrence would've at least let it fly for better or worse.

But no, he had to get all banged up to finish the season and watch them fall out of the #1 seed they were cruising to, and out of the playoffs altogether to let the Texans slop in.

It honestly felt like CJ was told not to make a mistake. He kept throwing it away, when he could have scrambled and tried to make something happen. Collins was open a lot in this game. For me, win or lose I'd have let him do his thing. See how he does, instead they kept trying to run and screen when it wasn't working and their tackles could not block anything in pass defense.

Really poor game plan imo.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No, they should not have been, and they had chance after chance to get there and failed at every single step.

They failed time and time again down the stretch because their QB was all ****ed up and the wheels came off.  If Lawrence were healthy though, it'd be a matchup.

2 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

It honestly felt like CJ was told not to make a mistake. He kept throwing it away, when he could have scrambled and tried to make something happen. Collins was open a lot in this game. For me, win or lose I'd have let him do his thing. See how he does, instead they kept trying to run and screen when it wasn't working and their tackles could not block anything in pass defense.

Really poor game plan imo.

I feel like this is making more excuses for CJ than just the obvious answer of...he got overwhelmed by the moment and overwhelmed by the matchup.

Lawrence rises above that, but no...he spent the last couple months of the season injured so we got this matchup instead.  And it turned out to be a total dud in the second half as the Ravens ran away with it and CJ didn't have any answers.