AFC Divisional Round: 4) Houston Texans @ 1) B'more 'Vens

Longhorns90

Who ya got?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• 4.) Houston Texans
    • 1.) Baltimore Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 11:30 PM

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

But yes, Lawrence has shown that he doesn't crack under pressure.  He lead a ******* unreal (actually historic) playoff comeback last year.  Against a good team with huge amount of talent on defense.

Historic in what sense? This wasn't Oilers v Bills. And as @Nabbs4u said... the 21st ranked defense? 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Head to head, it did. Texans dog walked the Jags when both squads were healthy, Jags needed a walk off FG to beat the Texans who were down a few key guys by then.

Go ahead and give me names. Christian Kirk? Travis Etienne? Evan Engram? Calvin Ridley? I genuinely couldn't tell you anyone ok b that defense outside of Josh Allen (and Travon Walker, but I know his name for all the wrong reasons).

I don't even like this roster lmao.  I think that's really just more evidence to how ******* good Lawrence actually is, or can be when he's healthy.

The guys i like are surprisingly scarce.  ETN.  Engram is great.  Josh Allen is an All Pro caliber edge guy.  Devin Lloyd and Andre Cisco are pretty okay most of the time but inconsistent.  Most of the rest is just..."these guys are okay i guess".  Filling space.

Ridley can go kick rocks.  The dude sucks so hard.  

But a more complete roster of "decent enough" guys helmed by a better QB, is a better team overall.

Edited by Tugboat

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean vs the Chargers 21st ranked Defense? A team that couldn't get out of their own way more if on a 1 way street? Those Chargers? 👌

Lawrence might of taken more chances tonight (not a Rookie) but it probably results in several TO's to boot. Let's be real.

Could be the case.  But it sure would've been a better fight than the second half of what we got.

7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I got that Nordic blood in me.

I always laugh when it's 40-something F and i'm ready to break out the T-shirt or light sweater.  And people are always still ambling around in winter jackets.  Like, how are they not suffocating and overheating?

Just now, Tugboat said:

I don't even like this roster lmao.  I think that's really just more evidence to how ******* good Lawrence actually is, or can be when he's healthy.

As someone who watches him a lot more than most who criticize him, I see the same freshman who beat Clemson - great QB, but he's the same at 24 as he was at 19. 

Injuries are a thing, and at this point in your career - if your injury is preventing you from being your best version of yourself, you have to either sit or adapt. 

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

But a more complete roster of "decent enough" guys helmed by a better QB, is a better team overall.

So you're saying the Texans are the better team. More complete roster, handful of "decent enough" guys and - most importantly - the better QB. 

Glad we could clarify.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:
7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Historic in what sense? This wasn't Oilers v Bills. And as @Nabbs4u said... the 21st ranked defense? 

Historic in that, he led the charge back from down about as many points as anyone ever has...

No.

Historic would be 32 points that Frank Reich overcame vs the Oilers in 1992.

It's also important to note that Lawrence threw 4 INTs in the first half. He had to dig himself out of a hole ...that he himself dug himself into. 

I guess that's historic?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

As someone who watches him a lot more than most who criticize him, I see the same freshman who beat Clemson - great QB, but he's the same at 24 as he was at 19. 

Injuries are a thing, and at this point in your career - if your injury is preventing you from being your best version of yourself, you have to either sit or adapt. 

So you're saying the Texans are the better team. More complete roster, handful of "decent enough" guys and - most importantly - the better QB. 

Glad we could clarify.

Injuries are clearly an issue this year.  If it starts to become an annual thing, that's a serious problem.

But as far as both teams head to head, healthy...i take the Jaguars, easily.  We just don't really get that, because that's not how the schedule works.

I don't really think this Jaguars roster is all that good.  But i don't think the Texans roster is either.  If anything, Lawrence when healthy makes up for the difference.  But the Jaguars do also have an edge in some key areas.  More so defensively.  There is talent there, even if it's wildly inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No.

Historic would be 32 points that Frank Reich overcame vs the Oilers in 1992.

It's also important to note that Lawrence threw 4 INTs in the first half. He had to dig himself out of a hole ...that he himself dug himself into. 

I guess that's historic?

Oh wah.  1992 is so many years ago.  It's historic in that it's actually in the ballpark of an all time landmark.

The Ravens defense this year isn't genuinely "historic" at all.  They're just a solid unit that had a good year.  They have shockingly few real difference-makers.  It's just a "solid" unit that's hard to move the ball on.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

But as far as both teams head to head, healthy...i take the Jaguars, easily.  We just don't really get that, because that's not how the schedule works.

Who exactly were the Jags missing in Week 4 when the Texans won by 20? How hurt was Lawrence in that one?

But the Jaguars do also have an edge in some key areas.  More so defensively.  There is talent there, even if it's wildly inconsistent.

I'm genuinely trying to figure out how you come to this conclusion. In pretty much every statistical category, the Texans were a better defense. 

• Like 2

Oh wah.  1992 is so many years ago.

Still part of history. Can't really think of a reason to exclude it when talking about historic performances.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's historic in that it's actually in the ballpark of an all time landmark.

...huh? I understand the words being said, but it makes no sense. Am I having a stroke?

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

The Ravens defense this year isn't genuinely "historic" at all.  They're just a solid unit that had a good year.  They have shockingly few real difference-makers.  It's just a "solid" unit that's hard to move the ball on.

They did lead in multiple categories that have never been led by a collective unit - sacks, completion percentage against and something else. It's obscure, but valid.