Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There is literally no one out there to sign lol. They have to make a run at Tyron Smith and Onwenu. We literally have nothing on the OL unless Stromberg and Daniels make humongous leaps and I don’t see that happening with OG Bobby Johnson coaching this group. 

Robert Hunt would be a real nice get. To me he’s a top OG that’s still available but you’re right pool of quality players are thin. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn't they just restructure his contract?

I haven't been able to look into too much of it lately, but he's mentioned once or twice on cap casualty lists. 

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven't been able to look into too much of it lately, but he's mentioned once or twice on cap casualty lists. 

All I can find is they are working on a restructure/ extension-but not there yet .

I'm good with Cosmi still getting better . 

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

All I can find is they are working on a restructure/ extension-but not there yet .

I'm good with Cosmi still getting better . 

One of them could flip to LG though. It certainly wouldn't be the worst move we could make if we re-signed Scherff.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:07 AM, Umbaugh21 said:

I honestly think that Curl was best in his box safety role, which is a role that Darrick Forrest can play and exceed in for much cheaper. I think either a true cover Free Safety in the draft or even an Eddie Jackson or Justin Simmons can come in for cheaper and help us have a more formidable safety combo that compliment each other. I'm not mad that we didn't break the bank on Curl. We need to use this money on the deep linebacker free agent class and boosting our offensive line. 

Personally, I think it makes more sense to re-sign Curl & Have Forrest at Fs. I don't think we’ll have to spend as much re-signing Curl as a SS as we would for a FS like Eddie Jackson, Justin Simmons, or some of the others who are FAs.

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There is literally no one out there to sign lol. They have to make a run at Tyron Smith and Onwenu. We literally have nothing on the OL unless Stromberg and Daniels make humongous leaps and I don’t see that happening with OG Bobby Johnson coaching this group. 

Lucas baby!

My favorite thing about the "Derrek Forrest can do it" when it comes to letting Curl walk is the simple fact that Forrest regressed horribly when Curl got hurt. I get people don't want to pay him and that's whatever to me but he's far better than a large segment of this fanbase gives him credit for. This defense is going to miss him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My favorite thing about the "Derrek Forrest can do it" when it comes to letting Curl walk is the simple fact that Forrest regressed horribly when Curl got hurt. I get people don't want to pay him and that's whatever to me but he's far better than a large segment of this fanbase gives him credit for. This defense is going to miss him. 

I would argue if we wanted to spend big money on a free agent Safety there are better options available than Curl. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would argue if we wanted to spend big money on a free agent Safety there are better options available than Curl. 

Curl is 24-years old. He hasn't even come close to reaching his prime and he's great at covering TE and RB. Just pay him unless it gets out of hand and then I understand walking away. 

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think we end up with at least one of the following:
Hunter, T. Smith, Gilmore, Hunt, Queen, Z. Smith, Brooks, Simpson and Simmons.

We have to be participants and spend some cash in FA this year. Sitting on our hands is not working for us.

• Like 1