Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jordan Schultz 

BREAKING: 4x Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter plans to sign with the #Texans, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Danielle Hunter has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans, to return home! 2-years, 49m with 48m fully guaranteed. Contract has 51m total max. Deal done by @zekesandhu @KlutchSports

Nice Bag!

Nooooooooooo!!!!

That said, glad he got paid and glad we didn't pay that. Dude is going to blow up again there under Demeco. Glad he isn't in the division.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 10:43 AM, Slappy Mc said:

My understanding is that Fuller is the one with the timeline issue. As in he doesn't view the team as competitive in "his window" of opportunity. I didn't get the impression that the organization was uninterested in resigning him, I think it's the other way around. 

Again, I can't fault him. This roster is garbage. 

That’s true. 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Well we all know how much I wanted Chinn in 2020 so this is a A++ for me. In this scheme if he stays healthy man he can be a valuable piece

Definitely. And for as much as I like Curl, Chinn is better.

• Like 1

I have to say I like what we’ve done so far. We’re filling holes but not overspending. Still need to sign a slot CB IMO.

I like the OL we signed. The Cowboys C is a clear upgrade.

The only thing I don’t like is signing Mariota. I don’t get that one but maybe it’s just insurance in case Howell doesn’t improve?

I think/hope Howell will beat him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Nooooooooooo!!!!

That said, glad he got paid and glad we didn't pay that. Dude is going to blow up again there under Demeco. Glad he isn't in the division.

Rumor was that we had the highest $ offer for Danielle too. So that means that they are still looking for an EDGE and/or willing to to spend more $

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Rumor was that we had the highest $ offer for Danielle too. So that means that they are still looking for an EDGE and/or willing to to spend more $

Good, bc we definitely need more upgrades at Edge.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If Curl wasn't on the blocks, I would like the Chinn signing more.

However, I really don't like these one year deals.  This is not building long term.  He is a nice rental, but what's the point if we aren't ready to win big this year?

It’s the first year building the team. It’s smart to have some prove it contracts & those that prove it can be re-signed on long term deals next year.

Also, the long term building comes through the draft, not in FA. Peters has been clear about that. So, I expect our draft picks to be the ones leading this team 2 or 3 years from now to the playoffs while some of these vets were signing on the cheap probably won’t be on the team.

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mark Tyler (Hogs Haven)

Commanders new-look defense(as of now):

EDGE - Armstrong/Fowler
DT - Allen/Ridgeway
DT - Payne/Mathis
EDGE - Ferrell/Henry
LB - Luvu
LB - Davis
CB - Forbes/Blu Kelly
CB - St. Juste/Holmes
Nickle - Martin
S - Chin
S - Forrest/Butler

I like it. Certainly looks a lot better than the end of last year. I do feel we need to get an upgrade at CB still though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

If Curl wasn't on the blocks, I would like the Chinn signing more.

However, I really don't like these one year deals.  This is not building long term.  He is a nice rental, but what's the point if we aren't ready to win big this year?

We have 9 draft picks total.  That’s 20% of the active roster on game day.  They could add more if they play the draft pick trading game, especially if they move down from #2…….and the Mariota signing answered as many questions as it brought up.  So I can’t say they don’t add more picks.  

Most of those 9 draft picks are going to have to be active on game day, especially with five picks in the top 100-ish slots.  You’ve got to get those guys experience, and they’re going to be long-term plays.  When Peters said we are building through the draft, he meant it.  Those 1 year deals are so you can hold positions until guys are ready to play, and you aren’t blocking their spots long-term.  

Put another way, look at all of the one year deals that the Nats gave to guys like Gallo, Winker, Rosario, Davies and Barnes.  All guys who had, at one point, above average MLB production.  They’re holding places for prospects coming in the future, but the way they are developed is different.  In NFL, those prospects are on the game-day roster.  In MLB, you develop them in the minors.  

15 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The good news is, so far, the only signing I have absolutely hated is the same one as everyone else. All the others have ranged very good to makes sense. All in all, a good overall execution in my book from Peters and company. I just hate the questions I am left with at QB. 

What I will say is that it gives them room for all of the options to still be on the table, except for a trade to #1.  

• Like 1