Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

And the Coaching staff were so inept they couldn’t remove the stink from that garbage. 

Gotta make sure to send Ron Rivera "his" ring with "his" roster. 

Excited for the future. Hopefully we field a competitive team. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Was an absolute must. This roster was absolute garbage. 

Especially after trading away Montez Sweat. What I've never understood is how can Rivera honestly look at his roster the previous 4 years and think we had a serious playoff team?

We luck-boxed our way into the playoffs in 2020 bc Haskins wore out his welcome & Kyle Allen broke his ankle which led to Alex Smith starting who managed the game enough for us to win the division.

And luck boxing us into winning the div in 2020 as the worst thing that happened to the Rivera era. If we had lost to the Eagles in week 17 then we would've been able to draft Micah Parsons or Justin Fields and maybe that would have led to more wins but I think regardless Rivera wasn't going to be a long-termer in DC, he wasn't aggressive enough in FA to build a consistent winner.

Posted (edited)

My guess for our WR’s
*Terry McLaurin

*Jahan Dotson

*Luke McCaffrey

*Olamide Zaccheaus

*Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint

*Jamison Crowder

?Mitchell Tinsley/Dyami Brown 

* Make the team 

Tinsley and Brown are the last options 

Kazmeir stays on ST

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My guess for our WR’s
*Terry McLaurin

*Jahan Dotson

*Luke McCaffrey

*Olamide Zaccheaus

*Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint

*Jamison Crowder

?Mitchell Tinsley/Dyami Brown 

* Make the team 

Tinsley and Brown are the last options 

Kazmeir stays on ST

I would not get too attached to Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, at least not as a WR. The reason he went undrafted mostly had to do with him running a 4.8 forty time which is .2 slower than Kelvin Harmon who couldn't make the Rivera roster after his ACL tear in the 2020 offseason & he's now a star WR for the DC defenders but still not getting much separation. A WR who runs a 4.8 forty is almost assuredly either just going to be a #5 special teams WR or have to put on weight & transition into a Cole Turner type TE.

Here is my guess at WR currently unless we sign a Tyler Boyd or trade for Brandon Aiyuk:

1. Terry

2. Jahan

3. Crowder - punt returner

4. Zaccheaus

5. Dyami

6. McCaffery

This is a truly golden opportunity for Dyami to finally become this team's #3 WR and I hope he seizes it but, I still worry about his inconsistent route running and inconsistent hands so, my prediction is that he’ll be our #5 WR, and sadly either be inactive most of the year be isn't a great special teams player or, he ends up being cut so that they can showcase McCaffery more.

I don't see Kazmier Allen or Tinsley making it either. I think Allen, Tinsley & Rosemy-Jacksaint are practice squad guys with them trying to put weight on MRJ to transition him to a back end of the roster tight end who can play special teams.

Edited by turtle28

Doing absolutely nothing at OT is just ridiculous. I’m sorry, I get you want to build this thing but good lord, you cannot tell me this was your plan at OT while developing a young QB? The fact this entire group is okay with what we have is horrifying. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Doing absolutely nothing at OT is just ridiculous. I’m sorry, I get you want to build this thing but good lord, you cannot tell me this was your plan at OT while developing a young QB? The fact this entire group is okay with what we have is horrifying.  

I would think they’ll see how camp and possibly pre season goes and then make a move if need be. 
Not much really to be excited about with who’s available. They had a chance to get a decent T but either they felt they didn’t want to pay a lot of money for one or feel C. Lucas is a decent option. 
They did try to get back in the first round but couldn’t. It will be one of the top positions that will be looked at. 
I know you want a LT who will be dependable especially with a rookie QB but I believe Coleman has a pretty good chance to be that guy. 
Be a believer in the new regime.

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Be a believer in the new regime.

I believe in them. I also agree that LT is the biggest weakness on the team currently. Missing on the top tier LT talent of the draft hurts Jayden Daniels more than anyone. I hope they have a plan as this looks like a recipe for disaster for a rookie QB. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I believe in them. I also agree that LT is the biggest weakness on the team currently. Missing on the top tier LT talent of the draft hurts Jayden Daniels more than anyone. I hope they have a plan as this looks like a recipe for disaster for a rookie QB. 

I know C.Lucas isn’t Joe Thomas but he’s not a bum either. He’s a decent LT, I actually thought he played LT better than C. Leno. Hopefully B. Coleman will show out and be the Starter. 
Lucas didn’t have much help on that line

Edited by ARTMONK HOF