Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This team is going to be picking high again. There is now way I would do this. 

I agree. We have a much better shot at a top 10 pick over a bottom 10.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 1:07 PM, lavar703 said:

Farewell Jake Fromm. @naptownskinsfan can finally sleep comfortably again lol

Still working through a month’s worth of posts from being away for a bit, but yes, I have slept comfortably ever since this happened.  

Now, hopefully he doesn’t find a way back to UGA as Fake Jromm.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:08 AM, lavar703 said:

This team is going to be picking high again. There is now way I would do this. 

Same here. I'm not giving up next year's first AND paying him all that $$$ on top of it. 

Pass

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Same here. I'm not giving up next year's first AND paying him all that $$$ on top of it. 

Pass

It’s horrible asset management to trade a high draft choice, and then sign the player to a mega-millions deal.  That has gotten us in trouble too many times to count in the past.  

If we’re talking a 3rd for Aiyuk, given his history with Daniels…….sure.  But that’s the qualifier- that background and familiarity.  I wouldn’t do it for anyone else.  We aren’t in a position talent-wise yet for a trade/sign to be beneficial for us.  We aren‘t “one guy” away yet.  

• Like 2

I was listening to Kevin Sheehan on podcast the other night.

He had the 1st Top 100 NFL players list by Pete Prisko (spell?)

It's done with his opinion & not the NFL Networks version, where the players vote.

Anyways, he mentioned Washington was only 1 of 2 teams who didn't have at least 1 player in the top 100. The Indianapolis Colts were the other.

There were 17 WR's on the top 100 list & Scary Terry was not on it. He was on the honorable mention list behind another guy. Basically, listed as the 19th best WR.

Btw....Brandon aiuk was the 9th best WR in the list of 17 on it. Ranked 40ish on the top 100.

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We think JD isn’t big. Bryce Young looks like their little brother. 

Hes not small size wise hes thin left to right. I believe if he protects himself on the move and the OL protects him in the pocket he will be just fine

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 4:25 PM, RSkinGM said:

Eagles traded 18 and 101 for A J Brown . Is that the yardstick . Then paid him $100 mill. 4 years

No thanks. It’s too much, and Aiyuk is more in Terry’s class - top 15 WR - not top 5 WR. Also, I’m not in favor of paying $50 mil plus to our two top WRs. I don't think that's a good way to build a team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Hes not small size wise hes thin left to right. I believe if he protects himself on the move and the OL protects him in the pocket he will be just fine

I agree, as long as he doesn't play recklessly with his body like RG3 did then Jayden will be fine. He needs to  understand this is the NFL and trying to be Superman will get you injured real quick.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I was listening to Kevin Sheehan on podcast the other night.

He had the 1st Top 100 NFL players list by Pete Prisko (spell?)

It's done with his opinion & not the NFL Networks version, where the players vote.

Anyways, he mentioned Washington was only 1 of 2 teams who didn't have at least 1 player in the top 100. The Indianapolis Colts were the other.

There were 17 WR's on the top 100 list & Scary Terry was not on it. He was on the honorable mention list behind another guy. Basically, listed as the 19th best WR.

Btw....Brandon aiuk was the 9th best WR in the list of 17 on it. Ranked 40ish on the top 100.

The problem is having to trade a high draft pick for Aiyuk plus give him a contract extension larger than Terry’s. Giving up at worst a top 45 pick in next year's draft and paying Aiyuk a contract of over $100 mil doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We think JD isn’t big. Bryce Young looks like their little brother. 

Bryce Young is Heinicke & Kyler Murray’s size w/o the escapability and the elite off-schedule ability. I still can't believe he went #1 over Stroud, I never agreed with those people’s evaluation.

I think he can make it as a starter in the league but he has to play like Drew Brees played. Bryce has to become the fastest processor in the game &get the ball out quickly.

Edited by turtle28

On 6/21/2024 at 8:04 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s horrible asset management to trade a high draft choice, and then sign the player to a mega-millions deal.  That has gotten us in trouble too many times to count in the past.  

If we’re talking a 3rd for Aiyuk, given his history with Daniels…….sure.  But that’s the qualifier- that background and familiarity.  I wouldn’t do it for anyone else.  We aren’t in a position talent-wise yet for a trade/sign to be beneficial for us.  We aren‘t “one guy” away yet.  

The whole doing it for Daniels thing rubs me the wrong way. That is not how we should be building the team. I don't think Daniels is demanding we do this, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy although, he’d like to play with Aiyuk. But I don't want this franchise to get backto a place where we are making decisions in the front office bc our players want it. 

If Peters & Quinn want to make the trade to get Aiyuk, then I’ll support it for now but to me it makes much more sense to draft another WR next year if Dotson, Dyami & McCaffery don’t break out this year rather than going after Aiyuk, especially in a trade. Let him become a FA in a year or 2 & when Terry retires or is on a cheaper deal bc he's aging like Moss did towards the end, then sign Aiyuk.

On 6/20/2024 at 10:39 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Pass

Yes, bc next yesr’a first is very likely going to be a top-10 pick where hopefully we can take one of the best LTs in the 2025 draft. I doubt we pick in the top 5 next year again, but getting Will Campbell from LSU would be awesome plus, he and Jayden have chemistry.

• Like 1

Well, I support trading for BA as long as it's NOT a 1st rounder. But if will take a 2nd & maybe a day 3 pick for an additional weapon for JD?Then, I'm a for it!

It would make our WR core a threat in the NFL, with Scary Terry, BA & Jahan Dotson.

It would also increase our chances to make the Playoffs, thus making the 2nd & whatever additional pick later in the round for the BA trade.

It would also open up the running game, having such dangerous WR's & even TE's on the roster.

We would be a nightmare for many teams we played.

Ace supports making the team better, immediately! 😁