Is Baker better than Tua?

Towerbridge

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The Browns had the 31st rated QB performance on the season and finished 2 games behind the Ravens. The Falcons were 27th and finished 2 games behind the Buccaneers. So both division leaders must be garbage. 

Could the Browns have not won the NFCS if they were added to the division? With a bottom 2 QB performance. Probably. 

Would Lamar starting for the Panthers have won them the division? Probably not.

Just bad logic all around. 

Falcons outside of QB probably have the best roster in the NFCS. So yeah, it makes sense they were competitive. Same with the Browns, they have a very good roster and bad QB. that doesn't mean that any team with a top 25 QB will finish ahead of the Browns because the Steelers (21st rated QB) and the Bengals (11th) didn't do it. Still a team game. 

you're doing apples to oranges comparisons and then expecting the logic to be consistent lol

So first of all, saying the Browns had a "bottom 2 QB performance" this season is just hilarious if you actually believe that. I'm trying to figure out which QB of Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, Bryce Young and like a handful of others had somehow better years? 

The Browns had a 31st rated QB performance...until the final 4(?) weeks. They also had a top 2 defense, something no NFCS team has. They're also a much better team having played against the AFCN rather than the NFCS. If they were in the NFCS they probably would have won 13 games?

It's a team game and I am saying the Falcons' QB situation was so bad and that's why they lost teh NFCS. If they had even below-average QB play they would've easily won that division. Idk what the Browns have to do with any of this, tbh.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

you're doing apples to oranges comparisons and then expecting the logic to be consistent lol

So first of all, saying the Browns had a "bottom 2 QB performance" this season is just hilarious if you actually believe that. I'm trying to figure out which QB of Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, Bryce Young and like a handful of others had somehow better years? 

The Browns had a 31st rated QB performance...until the final 4(?) weeks. They also had a top 2 defense, something no NFCS team has. They're also a much better team having played against the AFCN rather than the NFCS. If they were in the NFCS they probably would have won 13 games?

It's a team game and I am saying the Falcons' QB situation was so bad and that's why they lost teh NFCS. If they had even below-average QB play they would've easily won that division. Idk what the Browns have to do with any of this, tbh.

The Browns QBs over the season rated next to last. Having a bottom 2 at the position and they still won 11 games in a tougher division. So you don't have to have a top 25 QB to be competitive and even though Carr/Mayfield were CLEARLY top 25 QBs, you claim that any team with a top 25 QB would have won that division. It just doesn't make sense. Not only did they have multiple it's also not true that that is all you need.

Maybe that is all the Falcons needed and maybe that was your thought process but even then, they may have needed better coaching. A lot of underused talent on that roster.

Edited by Thomas5737

I won’t stand for the Tua Salnder. Guys phenomenal and only getting better. This forum scares me to death at times. Baker was bounced around like a bad check last year. I love baker btw! And I never believed in Tua. But come on yall.

kids been on fire when he’s played sans a few bad games. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I won’t stand for the Tua Salnder. Guys phenomenal and only getting better. This forum scares me to death at times. Baker was bounced around like a bad check last year. I love baker btw! And I never believed in Tua. But come on yall.

kids been on fire when he’s played sans a few bad games. 

lol gdi I can never tell if you're being serious or not bc I legit think this is a great take, but I realize there is a significant chance that you are being sarcastic lol.

Tua stinks, if his first read isn’t there he loses more than he wins. he gets fooled by coverages and He doesn’t have the arm for cold playoff football either. 

Baker only really works well as an underdog, the walk on, the free agent with no expectations. But he can do some stuff outside the playcall and has moxie in spades.

id say it’s a wash for me, I need to see Baker work well as an a regular dawg, and Salty Tua needs to show me something in December and January 

5 hours ago, Soggust said:

lol gdi I can never tell if you're being serious or not bc I legit think this is a great take, but I realize there is a significant chance that you are being sarcastic lol.

No im dead serious. Everyone thought Tyreek would go and die in Mia. He’s put up back to back monster years. How the hell does Tua not get any credit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

No im dead serious. Everyone thought Tyreek would go and die in Mia. He’s put up back to back monster years. How the hell does Tua not get any credit?

Tua does deserve credit. There were all kinds of memes and stuff going around showing Tyreek open 40 yards down the field and Tua's pass coming up 30 yards short.

we're 90% recency bias though. Baker has a good win and most will shift. He struggles and they'll shift the other direction.

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Tua does deserve credit. There were all kinds of memes and stuff going around showing Tyreek open 40 yards down the field and Tua's pass coming up 30 yards short.

we're 90% recency bias though. Baker has a good win and most will shift. He struggles and they'll shift the other direction.

Im sure if Tua faced off against that trash eagles team too in perfect conditions he would have won. Guy was missing over half his defense playing in crap weather vs Mahomes. That’s against all odds,

and I don’t want to diminish what Baker did. He was good. But to hate on Tua for

not beating Mahomes in Aarowhead -30 is crazy. Not even I am that big of a hater lol. 

No Tua and Kyler Murray slander will be tolerated in my presence. And I get it, had the beat the Bills yada yada. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Kyler is a bum. Tua is pretty good and could be really really good.

Kyler is a baller who hasn’t had the coaching nor roster to be successful. Anyone from a far can see that. Like I said no Kyler slander will be allowed. 

main-qimg-70057d4209d3615fbb66db686b9fc8

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Kyler is a baller who hasn’t had the coaching nor roster to be successful. Anyone from a far can see that. Like I said no Kyler slander will be allowed. 

main-qimg-70057d4209d3615fbb66db686b9fc8

I liked you better when you stan'd Jared Goff

• Like 1

To answer the question, No. Baker is what he is, he isn't going to put you over the top of anything. He will make some good plays and make some bad plays, and you can argue he underachieved with a pretty loaded team, in a weaker conference with a favorable schedule.