Fire Nick

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Ron Rivera who had a top 5-10 defense half the time he was in Washington? 

I think people are conflating failures as a HC for failures as coordinators.

especially when Jim Schwartz himself was a failure of a HC who was a great DC.

The difference between Rivera and Schwartz vs McDaniels they've had success with different personnel. McDaniels has only had success with Brady. 

Just now, CasperX22 said:

To be fair the last time RR was a DC he routinely oversaw top 10 defenses.  The problem is he hasn't been solely in charge of a defense in a decade.  It's fair to wonder if the game has passed him by.

I mean it’s possible. But he had a top 7 defense in 2022 with no offense supporting it. And while he wasn’t the sole coach defensively I’d argue head coaching has significantly more responsibility 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The difference between Rivera and Schwartz vs McDaniels they've had success with different personnel. McDaniels has only had success with Brady. 

That’s not true though lol

he had success with Matt Cassell, jimmy G and Mac jones

Except Mac jones? Who had his best year under mcdaniels. And jimmy G in New England and Matt cassell which birthed the whole Brady is overrated narrative that existed in the 2000s/2010s

Mac Jones is a bust, 3800 Yards and 22 TDs is below the league average, was it his best yes, but it was still in the bottom half of the league. Jimmy G has never been that guy, He was only 2-0 in NE. Cassel 3600 Yards 21 TDs, The Defense carried him to his 10-5 Record that year not him. So look at all the context. 

Both Cassel and Jimmy G got overinflated because of the hate against Brady from media. 

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Mac Jones is a bust, 3800 Yards and 22 TDs is below the league average, was it his best yes, but it was still in the bottom half of the league. Jimmy G has never been that guy, He was only 2-0 in NE. Cassel 3600 Yards 21 TDs, The Defense carried him to his 10-5 Record that year not him. So look at all the context. 

Both Cassel and Jimmy G got overinflated because of the hate against Brady from media. 

3800 is a pretty good year for Jalen Hurts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I am looking at the context

you say Mac jones is a bust, he had his best year by far under mcdaniels. Enough that people thought he was a great starter moving forward. He hasn’t been after mcdaniels left. so is he a bust or not. If he is? Then mcdaniels had the patriots scoring 6th overall in the nfl with a bust at QB. 

matt cassell throwing 21 TDs had him as 10th that season in passing TDs. Are we just going to act like Mcdaniels didn’t do a good job with having the 8th ranked offense in the nfl with Matt cassell at QB? Lol

That’s about as much context as it gets

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Also, to be fair NE was 8th in scoring offense and 5th in total offense the Matt Cassel year.  There is not a large enough sample size to prove he succeeded with Garrapolo and he certainly wasn't good this year.

With Mcdaniels as head coach.

but what about having the 6th scoring offense in the nfl with Mac jones? 

I think 2 full seasons without Brady as a QB as the sole OC and having the 6th and 8th offense is a pretty decent sample size 

would I prefer to have Nick stay? No

id much rather hire someone else and have them be the play caller.

I think the mcdaniels issue is exactly why I want to fire Nick. From my perspective I feel if the eagles keep Nick they need to hire an OC that won’t be poached, one that’s good and has already failed as a HC. That’s not a large list

I have lost faith that we won’t bottom out offensively everytime the offense does well and the OC gets hired away.

thats why the best thing to do is for Nick to go and bring in a play calling HC that’s actually good

I am looking at the context

you say Mac jones is a bust, he had his best year by far under mcdaniels. Enough that people thought he was a great starter moving forward. He hasn’t been after mcdaniels left. so is he a bust or not. If he is? Then mcdaniels had the patriots scoring 6th overall in the nfl with a bust at QB. 

matt cassell throwing 21 TDs had him as 10th that season in passing TDs. Are we just going to act like Mcdaniels didn’t do a good job with having the 8th ranked offense in the nfl with Matt cassell at QB? Lol

That’s about as much context as it gets

In Regards to PHI n Hurts Having Him finish as the 13th Best QB (Like Jones was in his career Year) would be a failure. 

McDaniels Does not have it to survive in Philly. 

6 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

In Regards to PHI n Hurts Having Him finish as the 13th Best QB (Like Jones was in his career Year) would be a failure. 

McDaniels Does not have it to survive in Philly. 

I’d imagine you think jalen hurts is more talented than Mac jones right? 

You can’t believe Mac jones sucks but then think that a coach having him be the 13th ranked QB isn’t a win.

id have to imagine that Josh mcdaniels would fair better with jalen hurts than he did with Mac jones right?

So you say “having Jalen hurts finish as 13th” shouldn’t it be.

”if he had Mac jones finish 13th maybe he can do even more with Jalen”?

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I’d imagine you think jalen hurts is more talented than Mac jones right? 

You can’t believe Mac jones sucks but then think that a coach having him be the 13th ranked QB isn’t a win.

id have to imagine that Josh mcdaniels would fair better with jalen hurts than he did with Mac jones right?

So you say “having Jalen hurts finish as 13th” shouldn’t it be.

”if he had Mac jones finish 13th maybe he can do even more with Jalen”?

You're also basing that on the assumption that Hurts can run McDaniels offense.  My fear is that in 2022 they just caught lightning in a bottle where the Eagles were just so much better than everyone else and it took a year for the rest of the league to catch up to what they were doing ala Chip Kelly.  2022 Hurts looks like just an outlier at this point.