Fire Nick

Kiltman

On 1/26/2024 at 3:13 PM, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, I don't want Kellen Moore either. Maybe I'm wrong, but Arthur Smith doesn't seem like a bad option. I want somebody who will run the ball/plays in general from under center. It doesn't have to be Smith but I want someone who will bring in a similar type of scheme. I think that would compliment Sirianni's scheme/ideas better than adding an Air Raid type guy like Moore or Kingsbury.

Moore is not an air raid guy, so let's get that out of the way.  Kingsbury is an air raid guy and the offense is predicated on spreading it out, quick passes, and a very limited playbook.  The idea is to keep the offense simple and have the players run a few concepts to absolute perfection which if anyone remembers what Chip Kelly's offense was like in year 2 and 3 it's not all that different.  Kelly's offense was built around base install set of inside and outside zone and building off of that primarily with rpo's and dressing it up with tempo.  It didn't take long for the NFL to catch up to that.

Moore runs an offense that is much more multiple.  It's a hybrid of Air Coryell and WCO concepts while also implementing some spread concepts using a lot of pre-snap motion and some rpo concepts.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Moore is not an air raid guy, so let's get that out of the way.  Kingsbury is an air raid guy and the offense is predicated on spreading it out, quick passes, and a very limited playbook.  The idea is to keep the offense simple and have the players run a few concepts to absolute perfection which if anyone remembers what Chip Kelly's offense was like in year 2 and 3 it's not all that different.  Kelly's offense was built around base install set of inside and outside zone and building off of that primarily with rpo's and dressing it up with tempo.  It didn't take long for the NFL to catch up to that.

Moore runs an offense that is much more multiple.  It's a hybrid of Air Coryell and WCO concepts while also implementing some spread concepts using a lot of pre-snap motion and some rpo concepts.  

And Nick even said they'd keep some stuff that has been successful for them the last couple years. So combine Moore's stuff with things we know we can do that work. Should be nice.

27 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I know Kingsbury and Moore run different offenses and I knew I should have made that clear.  The similarity I was trying to point out is that neither has their QB take many snaps from under center. That's really what I was getting at. I do appreciate that Moore does at least get creative with motion and can scheme guys open. I should have been more clear that, I just wanted to see the Eagles run more plays from under center in general. PA from under center is significantly more potent than PA from the shotgun. Kingsbury I think would've been a disaster. Moore was the best option of the coaches we interviewed but I still would've liked to go in a different direction. I would've liked a more significant departure from what they do on offense but I can understand why they went with Moore.

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

I know Kingsbury and Moore run different offenses and I knew I should have made that clear.  The similarity I was trying to point out is that neither has their QB take many snaps from under center. That's really what I was getting at. I do appreciate that Moore does at least get creative with motion and can scheme guys open. I should have been more clear that, I just wanted to see the Eagles run more plays from under center in general. PA from under center is significantly more potent than PA from the shotgun. Kingsbury I think would've been a disaster. Moore was the best option of the coaches we interviewed but I still would've liked to go in a different direction. I would've liked a more significant departure from what they do on offense but I can understand why they went with Moore.

The eagles ownership likes shotgun. Doug, sirianni and now Kellen moore

its what they want. Shotgun, mobile Qb, passing, QB running

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

That’s actually literally what they tried to do this year and it flopped. They wanted to be simple, master a small playbook. They got embarrassed. It doesn’t work in the nfl, teams catch up