Fire Nick

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't know a ton about Moore's scheme specifically, but I do know he runs a much more WCO system which I think is what we need here. You would still see RPO's, but you would probably see more motion and a bit more under center.

Yeah I just wanna make sure that the eagles are as far away from this exclusively stagnant shotgun offense

i want formation versatility but i want someone who can actually coach jalen to run these formations efficiently. Especially when it comes to dropping back. 

im worried that moore has too much shotgun/spread in him. That’s going to exist. It’s not 2003, but eagles need something just so different and I don’t know enough about Kellen Moore. I also don’t want a guy to come in here and have the WRs running long winded routes all game

22 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I just wanna make sure that the eagles are as far away from this exclusively stagnant shotgun offense

i want formation versatility but i want someone who can actually coach jalen to run these formations efficiently. Especially when it comes to dropping back. 

im worried that moore has too much shotgun/spread in him. That’s going to exist. It’s not 2003, but eagles need something just so different and I don’t know enough about Kellen Moore. I also don’t want a guy to come in here and have the WRs running long winded routes all game

Yeah we would still be in shotgun a lot under Moore.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And the Chargers had the 6th highest first down pass percentage in the NFL this past season.

This is why I'm surprised people would want Moore? Yes it's a more traditional offense but this is still the same person who had Dak Prescott throwing 65-70% of the time in Dallas when their fans were screaming,  Run the Ball with Zeke/Pollard? He does the same thing LA with Herbert and we should want that in Philly with Hurts?

No!

• Like 1

I wouldn't call Fangio or Kellen Moore "Homerun hires" by any means, but... they're notably better than anyone else I was expecting us to bring in. Wouldn't make me expect to immediately quit on the 2024 season.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't call Fangio or Kellen Moore "Homerun hires" by any means, but... they're notably better than anyone else I was expecting us to bring in. Wouldn't make me expect to immediately quit on the 2024 season.

Fangio isn’t a home run but he’s close when the landscape is taken into account.

kellen moore though? Again I’d have to defer to people who know more. I think there’s better guys out there for Jalen. I do believe Arthur smith would be a home run or if Brian daboll would’ve been fired lol. I feel like there’s more guys out there that would run the offense I personally think Jalen would benefit from

having said that. Kellen Moore is probably the best we’ll get that checks off Luries box of pass first and innovative. Because at least Moore runs the ball and throws the ball from under center double what the eagles do. Which is at least a start lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Fangio isn’t a home run but he’s close when the landscape is taken into account.

kellen moore though? Again I’d have to defer to people who know more. I think there’s better guys out there for Jalen. I do believe Arthur smith would be a home run or if Brian daboll would’ve been fired lol. I feel like there’s more guys out there that would run the offense I personally think Jalen would benefit from

having said that. Kellen Moore is probably the best we’ll get that checks off Luries box of pass first and innovative. Because at least Moore runs the ball and throws the ball from under center double what the eagles do. Which is at least a start lol

Dallas run game was a complete mess this year with McCarthy. It’s not about running the ball volume wise. Offense is all about efficiency and they were pretty dang efficient under Moore when he was running the show. He runs a multiple scheme and will help Jalen from a dropback passing standpoint. He also does a great job mixing in tempo to know what the defense is in and get the proper call in. Huge fan of him but since I am a big fan, I doubt we get him lol. We will end up getting Kingsbury 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

No you don't get it. You have to say they suck and then when chances are the Eagles are one of the 31 teams that didn't win it all you can you and your buddies can form a circle jerk and proceed to vigorously jerk each other off.  Same can be done with draft picks, you gotta be the first to say they're a bust and that way you can really get off when they don't turn into a hall of fame player.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

No you don't get it. You have to say they suck and then when chances are the Eagles are one of the 31 teams that didn't win it all you can you and your buddies can form a circle jerk and proceed to vigorously jerk each other off.  Same can be done with draft picks, you gotta be the first to say they're a bust and that way you can really get off when they don't turn into a hall of fame player.

I agree with the sentiment, but I can understand being disappointed with a Moore/Sirianni pairing on offense. I don't think Moore is a bad coach by any means, but in terms of what schemes are out there I feel like we could do better.

That said, my guess is they are probably looking for an OC with experience and not a new guy from a specific tree. If that is the case hard to imagine them finding a much better fit than him. What former OC's are even out there right now besides the ones that have been mentioned? I am not in love with a lot of those names.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I agree with the sentiment, but I can understand being disappointed with a Moore/Sirianni pairing on offense. I don't think Moore is a bad coach by any means, but in terms of what schemes are out there I feel like we could do better.

That said, my guess is they are probably looking for an OC with experience and not a new guy from a specific tree. If that is the case hard to imagine them finding a much better fit than him. What former OC's are even out there right now besides the ones that have been mentioned? I am not in love with a lot of those names.

Yeah, I don't want Kellen Moore either. Maybe I'm wrong, but Arthur Smith doesn't seem like a bad option. I want somebody who will run the ball/plays in general from under center. It doesn't have to be Smith but I want someone who will bring in a similar type of scheme. I think that would compliment Sirianni's scheme/ideas better than adding an Air Raid type guy like Moore or Kingsbury.

Edited by Folesadelphia
Added a word
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, I don't want Kellen Moore either. Maybe I'm wrong, but Arthur Smith doesn't seem like a bad option. I want somebody who will run the ball/plays in general from under center. It doesn't have to be Smith but I want someone who will bring in a similar type of scheme. I think that would compliment Sirianni's scheme/ideas better than adding an Air Raid type guy like Moore or Kingsbury.

Arthur smith is my pick he has his warts but he’s run top 3 offenses before. I believe twice but don’t quote me on that and I don’t personally think he’ll get another head coach job for at least 3-5 years. 

that’s my home run. 

everyone else is either people I don’t really know all that well, or a risk that I’m not sure he’s willing to take

bienemy is concerning to me personally because the commanders were towards the bottom of the league in presnap motion.

i definitely want some motion

by comparison the falcons were 9th in presnap motion and the chargers were 8th

So while I don’t want Kellen Moore, at least more has variety and he’s also lead top 5 offenses multiple times

the eagles have more talent offensively than anyone not named the niners. So proven top 5 offense guys in Arthur smith or Kellen Moore could reasonably be expected to be their best selves here

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 7:49 PM, Folesadelphia said:

Hey now, calling an Eagles draft pick a bust quick it’s cheating. It’s like saying it will probably rain in Florida in the summer. 

On a related note, seeing Kyle Hamilton playing right now is haunting me again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Hey now, calling an Eagles draft pick a bust quick it’s cheating. It’s like saying it will probably rain in Florida in the summer. 

On a related note, seeing Kyle Hamilton playing right now is haunting me again. 

I'll say it again I definitely wanted him over Davis. Could've sat still and took Kyle.

• Like 1