Fire Nick

Kiltman

29 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

lol you gave Carson 5 seasons. In fact you wanted them to keep him in 2020.

jalen has already accomplished more than Carson. I get you’ve held a grudge since they drafted him but it’s too early 

Carson at one point was actually good.  I don't believe Hurts was ever good hence having more patience for Wentz.  He eventually proved to be a mental midget and it was time to move on.  Save for a game here and there I've never seen Hurts show he can be anything more than a game manager.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Carson at one point was actually good.  I don't believe Hurts was ever good hence having more patience for Wentz.  He eventually proved to be a mental midget and it was time to move on.  Save for a game here and there I've never seen Hurts show he can be anything more than a game manager.

Hurts has been good, including playing unbelievably in the Super Bowl 

they were good for about the same amount of time. 1 year

maybe Jalen with a better coach gets better. Maybe he doesn’t. But as of right now the biggest issue by far is the offensive scheme and coaching. If the eagles fix those and Jalen still isn’t good that says a lot moving forward. But one thing is indisputable and that’s the eagles can reach a Super Bowl with Jalen hurts which is more than most teams can say about their QB

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I was on the Keep Wentz wagon as well and am still not sold on Hurts, but its def too early.

If they would've surrounded Wentz with Real Weapons/WRS like they have Hurts, He would've been Immaculate and would still be here. 

This is pure BS. Is the reason he got jettisoned by two teams afterwards because he didn't have weapons? Wentz was a**.  Lol at "immaculate."

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

So John Harbaugh isn't a good HC?

There are exceptions to every rule but let's not pretend like even back when he was hired he had to switch to secondary coach from special teams to get taken more seriously by teams as a potential head coach

It's funny to me that numerous experts, numerous analysts,  numerous former players and HC can can see this offense and it's philosophy is not favorable for QB success. Any QB success.

In fact it is detrimental. From the concepts, to expecting every player to win 1V1, to asking the QB to be perfect on every play in order for said offense to work. But it's a Jalen Hurts sucks issue, not scheme,  not playcalling,  not coaching?

I'd possibly agree with some of you if I didn't  watch Jalen Hurts and this offense do the vast majority of the above damn near perfect on a weekly basis just last season. Actually making this offense unstoppable at times.

DC and Defenses have adapted. It's a copy cat league. The fact over the past 7 weeks this coaching staff had ZERO ANSWERS on how to pick up a Blitz, Speaks volumes!!! How to make adjustments to put your QB and WR in the best postion to make even a 5yd catch, speaks volumes to just how incompetent Brian, Nick and yes even Stout was as coaches!!!

Here's hoping whatever OC is brought in, is allowed to change the entire offense the way he sees fit. Incorporate,  add, adapt and change concepts so that the 2024 Eagles aren't telegraphing to defenses every play, what's about to be ran.

I know with some of you it's just easier to blame everything on Jalen, it's a QB thing, he sucks but he's far far from the issue. This is not another Carson Wentz, I'm mentally to fragile post SB/Foles to continue as a legit FQB in this City. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

At the end of the day Shane Steichen knew when and where to call the perfect play. Which in a scenario where you’re relying on talented guys to be talented and win is non-negotiable.

calling the right run, the right pass, the right play action, is all instinct and it’s what made the offense go.

last season Steichen had Jalen, AJ, devonta, miles all operating like a machine.

hes gone. Defenses caught up. Without an elite playcaller nicks offense was exposed. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's funny to me that numerous experts, numerous analysts,  numerous former players and HC can can see this offense and it's philosophy is not favorable for QB success. Any QB success.

In fact it is detrimental. From the concepts, to expecting every player to win 1V1, to asking the QB to be perfect on every play in order for said offense to work. But it's a Jalen Hurts sucks issue, not scheme,  not playcalling,  not coaching?

I'd possibly agree with some of you if I didn't  watch Jalen Hurts and this offense do the vast majority of the above damn near perfect on a weekly basis just last season. Actually making this offense unstoppable at times.

DC and Defenses have adapted. It's a copy cat league. The fact over the past 7 weeks this coaching staff had ZERO ANSWERS on how to pick up a Blitz, Speaks volumes!!! How to make adjustments to put your QB and WR in the best postion to make even a 5yd catch, speaks volumes to just how incompetent Brian, Nick and yes even Stout was as coaches!!!

Here's hoping whatever OC is brought in, is allowed to change the entire offense the way he sees fit. Incorporate,  add, adapt and change concepts so that the 2024 Eagles aren't telegraphing to defenses every play, what's about to be ran.

I know with some of you it's just easier to blame everything on Jalen, it's a QB thing, he sucks but he's far far from the issue. This is not another Carson Wentz, I'm mentally to fragile post SB/Foles to continue as a legit FQB in this City. 

I remember nick foles super bowl run success where every play call made the opposing defense wrong. They had Harrison Smith out of position on purpose on every rpo. When I watched the eagles down the stretch all I could think about was how sirianni always made the opposing defense right.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I remember nick foles super bowl run success where every play call made the opposing defense wrong. They had Harrison Smith out of position on purpose on every rpo. When I watched the eagles down the stretch all I could think about was how sirianni always made the opposing defense right.

That’s a good way to put it. It was like the defense knew what the eagles were going to run on every down and in every situation

i compare it to the 2003 raiders vs the bucs. How Callahan didn’t change his verbiage, or the scheme at all. The defense knew what all the terminology meant, what all the motion leads to, what every signal was. What the team ran out of each formation. That’s the 2023 eagles

it can be encapsulated with mccaffery on live TV calling out the eagles play. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

That’s a good way to put it. It was like the defense knew what the eagles were going to run on every down and in every situation

i compare it to the 2003 raiders vs the bucs. How Callahan didn’t change his verbiage, or the scheme at all. The defense knew what all the terminology meant, what all the motion leads to, what every signal was. What the team ran out of each formation. That’s the 2023 eagles

it can be encapsulated with mccaffery on live TV calling out the eagles play. 

Even their response to certain defensive looks made the defense right. Like if you see zero blitz and the call becomes 4 verts the defense take that every day.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Even their response to certain defensive looks made the defense right. Like if you see zero blitz and the call becomes 4 verts the defense take that every day.

I think the issue is it worked in 2022. There were a few times AJ and Devonta just won on those plays 

I think teams knew in 2023 to use blitzing the eagles as a way to force them into verts and then just instruct your DBs to bail

whereas in 2022 DBs didn’t see the verts coming so they’d catch people sleeping. 

Nick just didn’t come with anything new. 

22 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Couple things to consider. That was 6 years ago when this "RPO" attack wasn't as well known and defended as today's NFL. 

Just watched a clip of the Vikings NFCCG and Foles ran 4 plays from under center, including the Torrey Smith Flea Flicker. 

We don't run plays from under center, almost ever. So play action passing isn't a real thing with this offense like it is in SF,LAR,Mia,Buff,GB,Hou.  Especially if Hurts isn't "Running" on these dumb *** RPO concepts because of his knee. 

That 2017 Staff ADAPTED to Nick Foles, catered to his strengths post Wentz ACL. This 2023 staff never adapted, never changed post Wk 6 Jets. Why because Hurts and this team found ways to beat Mia, KC, Dal,Buff giving them false belief,  it's working just a matter of time.. They assumed 2022 Healthy Hurts would return,  he clearly never was as a runner. 

Having No answers, like Zero adjustments as a staff on how to pick up a blitz, get the ball out quickly to 3 WR running 5 yd slants and dig routes instead of all 3 on 25-30 yd go routes is an absolute travesty. 

Edited by Nabbs4u