Fire Nick

Kiltman

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's funny to me that numerous experts, numerous analysts,  numerous former players and HC can can see this offense and it's philosophy is not favorable for QB success. Any QB success.

In fact it is detrimental. From the concepts, to expecting every player to win 1V1, to asking the QB to be perfect on every play in order for said offense to work. But it's a Jalen Hurts sucks issue, not scheme,  not playcalling,  not coaching?

I'd possibly agree with some of you if I didn't  watch Jalen Hurts and this offense do the vast majority of the above damn near perfect on a weekly basis just last season. Actually making this offense unstoppable at times.

DC and Defenses have adapted. It's a copy cat league. The fact over the past 7 weeks this coaching staff had ZERO ANSWERS on how to pick up a Blitz, Speaks volumes!!! How to make adjustments to put your QB and WR in the best postion to make even a 5yd catch, speaks volumes to just how incompetent Brian, Nick and yes even Stout was as coaches!!!

Here's hoping whatever OC is brought in, is allowed to change the entire offense the way he sees fit. Incorporate,  add, adapt and change concepts so that the 2024 Eagles aren't telegraphing to defenses every play, what's about to be ran.

I know with some of you it's just easier to blame everything on Jalen, it's a QB thing, he sucks but he's far far from the issue. This is not another Carson Wentz, I'm mentally to fragile post SB/Foles to continue as a legit FQB in this City. 

To be clear it's not strictly a Jalen Hurts issue there is plenty of blame to go around.

Howie Roseman is to blame for the roster construction on the defensive side of the ball, pre-maturely giving Hurts a franchise altering contract, and for removing Desai mid-season...and may more may not be responsible for the coordinator hires in the 1st place.

Nick Sirianni is responsible for not making changes on the offensive side of the ball when it was clear Brian Johnson was in over his head.  At the end of the day it's his offense and it's his responsibility to make sure it's run properly even if that means stepping on a subordinates toes.

Brian Johnson proved to be an in competent play caller.

Desai proved to be not a very good DC and Patricia proved to be worse.

And Jalen Hurts to be clear was awful.  Regardless of the play calling his play is unacceptable.  He made a bad situation worse.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

And Jalen Hurts to be clear was awful.  Regardless of the play calling his play is unacceptable.  He made a bad situation worse.

Despite all of those things I think you and others are blowing his overall season, out of proportion because of the collapse. Regardless if he was playing injured most of the season or not. 

Hurts : 65.4%, 4458 yds, 38TD-20 TO, 89.1 PR

Mahomes: 67.2%, 4572 yds, 27TD-17TO,  92.6 PR

Before you get all but but but the "Supporting cast" on me remember,  Jalen didn't have the benefit of a Top 2 Defense this season, that was Pat. That was last years  2022 Eagles.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Jalen hurts on no level was awful. He had awful moments, but he was not awful. There’s not a single statistic that supports him being awful. He merely wasn’t as good as he was in 2022 and turned the ball over too much

he can be better. Here’s to hoping better coaching can help with that

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Despite all of those things I think you and others are blowing his overall season, out of proportion because of the collapse. Regardless if he was playing injured most of the season or not. 

Before you get all but but but the "Supporting cast" on me remember,  Jalen didn't have the benefit of a Top 2 Defense this season, that was Pat. That was last years  2022 Eagles.

Hurts is nowhere near as good as Mahomes, we know.

12 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

What did I say about Hurts?

Apologies.  You're apparently  not in the Hurts sucks had a horrible season camp. 🍺

My post was quoting Casper. You chimed in on how we know Hurts isn't Mahomes despite putting up similar 2023 numbers. Thats all.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tush push TD's to pad his stat line does not = having a better season than Mahomes.  C'mon now.

15 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Tush push TD's to pad his stat line does not = having a better season than Mahomes.  C'mon now.

Never said better but if similar to the QB GOAT at the position who is in his own tier in the NFL, it's not as bad as you make it out to be either.  

Let's stop making excuses as though the BShove doesn't matter, only pads his stats, that we haven't watched RB's get stuffed behind the LOS constantly in this offense and not convert.

A TD is a TD. 38 of them in fact! 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1