Fire Nick

Kiltman

5 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Howie needs to get some actual player personnel guys on his team.  He's great at wheeling and dealing, he's great at making the financials work, he's aggressive when he needs to go out and get someone.  He's got some real blind spots though when it comes to drafting, devaluing certain positions, and blindly handing out big contracts to players they should probably move on from.  Does anyone believe Bradberry and or Slay are getting new contracts over CJGJ during Joe Banner's tenure? How the LB core was pieced together was malpractice for a team with aspiration to win a SB.  I love Fletcher for instance, but that money should've been allocated to TJ Edwards.  Losing 1 of White and Edwards you can survive, but losing both had them chasing their tails all season.

He's still picking better players in the draft than we did under Pederson, I'll say that much, but I do think what you're suggesting here would be entirely to our benefit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yay, half measures 

So, If they fix it they are gone next year for a HC job or they fire Nick to keep them.

Let’s hope they don’t miss on what will be a limited pool that wants this situation.

lol well we didnt fire him for Shane Steichen so....Nick's ra ra must be too important to move on from.

26 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This is still an absolute joke because if they bring in someone who is actually good at their job then they'll be in the same position searching for a new play caller in another year or two. Makes absolutely zero sense. 

This also doesn't even consider the fact that the team absolutely quit on this coaching staff down the stretch. 

Also, another thing to add to this...how are they even going to find a proven play caller? It is extremely rare for an OC to be granted permission to leave a team to become an OC somewhere else. They're essentially going to have to gamble on someone who likely doesn't have much experience calling plays and we know he won't get any help from Nick.

This is such a bad decision. 

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

It sounds like Nick is getting the same treatment Doug got.  Doug defended his guys and refused to fire them and got himself canned.  We'll see if Nick's vision saves his job.

If Brian Johnson is still gonna be around, I have zero qualms about canning Nick.

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

esp is serious? F no to Brian Johnson

Yeah, this is crazy. Nick and Brian look like they don't belong in the NFL in terms of scheming/playcalling. They're just supposed to learn how to call an offense in the next few months and magically compete with the top minds in football? They couldn't figure out answers to football basics this past season. Enough is enough. 

• Like 1

Awful. It lays a clear path to getting our next staff poached or Nick getting canned anyway. Might as well just do it now. I hate being so reactive but I just don’t see a world where this leads to continued success. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Awful. It lays a clear path to getting our next staff poached or Nick getting canned anyway. Might as well just do it now. I hate being so reactive but I just don’t see a world where this leads to continued success. 

I forget who said it in here but they said they want an offensive guy or defensive guy that calls the plays so they can't keep stealing both coordinator positions every time we have success. 

I'm 100% with that strategy. I don't wanna have to reset 2 coordinators every time we get successful. 1 is bad enough but 2 is this season all over again in the future

52 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This is still an absolute joke because if they bring in someone who is actually good at their job then they'll be in the same position searching for a new play caller in another year or two. Makes absolutely zero sense. 

This also doesn't even consider the fact that the team absolutely quit on this coaching staff down the stretch. 

I think the same thing. Unless their plan is for Nick to essentially learn from the new OC and his ways lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yeah, this is crazy. Nick and Brian look like they don't belong in the NFL in terms of scheming/playcalling. They're just supposed to learn how to call an offense in the next few months and magically compete with the top minds in football? They couldn't figure out answers to football basics this past season. Enough is enough. 

If Brian is back... This is going to be so miserable. I'm not ready for all lol

I try to be positive about the eagles but one of those 2 absolutely need to go and probably both. You could sell me on Nick if we get a sweet replacement for Johnson. Till then tho ...