Fire Nick

Kiltman

29 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

His strength to rebuild rather quickly is impressive, but also has had more experience doing so than any other GM in the league and also that method has a very short life span and maybe the main reason as to why he can't sustain success.

At the very very least give him the leash to rectify the mistakes? He doesn't have a leash he has an electrical cord extension. He is about to go through his 4th coach. How many more does he has to fire for it to actually become a leash and to be a negative reflection on his job? Some accountability on his end is surely needed. I don't see why a better GM wouldn't be beneficial for this team, though. But since he has almost owner-like power, at least for him to recognize his part in this and correct this cycle.

I mean we can go round in circles here really.  Chicken or the egg. Is he good at rebuilding because he’s got experience or because he’s good at rebuilding, he can choose an unconventional route to success? Either way, it’s a success. Why complain about it? At least complain when we know he’s a failure. And by the measurables, he’s very successful. 

For his tenure, I’d only say he’s on his second coach. Reid controlled most everything in and out of the Eagles for his term. Chip was a disaster and Howie was relegated. After Chip has Howie’s signature on it. I think that’s the fair way to look at it. And for all we know, Nick is here to stay. 

Why make the coaching about him? Data changes. They make decisions based on new data. Doug was a great hire. He won a SB. Things unraveled. Did you want to keep Doug? Nick got us to a SB. Seemingly a good hire until about 6 weeks ago, right? He’ll get his chance to correct himself I imagine, even though that’s not what I want. Books still out there. But if he’s fired tomorrow I think it’s for entirely good reasons. What’s that got to do with Howie for Nick losing the team? 

I mean, you’re asking for a “better GM”. Where is he? Who available has a better resume than Howie? His FO guys get poached yearly. He’s got leash, rightfully so, because he’s been successful. I’m talking about leash with the guys that think Howie needs to go. And how would you like Howie to take blame? Seppuku? Only Jeff is going to fire him and clearly he trusts him. Do you want a public statement or something?

Again, you mention a correction to the cycle like it hasn’t been wildly successful. Two SB appearances in 8 years and you want him to change the way he does business? It’s like because it’s not conventional, you don’t want the success. Like it’s only truly successful if it suits your tastes. That’s more of a you problem than a Howie problem. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Donovan is half correct, Siriani does need to go, but I agree about Howie.

I just don't know how you sell bringing Nick back after the way this team quit on the coaches.  It doesn't feel like the players respect him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Is it weird, I just saw things on X where it said Sirianni is just now meeting with Howie/Lurie after the team just got done together. Like would they really meet this late, what time did they all start arriving today if so

They do all the exit meetings today. That may mean a lot of players and staff.  It would make sense if he’s last. 

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean we can go round in circles here really.  Chicken or the egg. Is he good at rebuilding because he’s got experience or because he’s good at rebuilding, he can choose an unconventional route to success? Either way, it’s a success. Why complain about it? At least complain when we know he’s a failure. And by the measurables, he’s very successful. 

For his tenure, I’d only say he’s on his second coach. Reid controlled most everything in and out of the Eagles for his term. Chip was a disaster and Howie was relegated. After Chip has Howie’s signature on it. I think that’s the fair way to look at it. And for all we know, Nick is here to stay. 

Why make the coaching about him? Data changes. They make decisions based on new data. Doug was a great hire. He won a SB. Things unraveled. Did you want to keep Doug? Nick got us to a SB. Seemingly a good hire until about 6 weeks ago, right? He’ll get his chance to correct himself I imagine, even though that’s not what I want. Books still out there. But if he’s fired tomorrow I think it’s for entirely good reasons. What’s that got to do with Howie for Nick losing the team? 

I mean, you’re asking for a “better GM”. Where is he? Who available has a better resume than Howie? His FO guys get poached yearly. He’s got leash, rightfully so, because he’s been successful. I’m talking about leash with the guys that think Howie needs to go. And how would you like Howie to take blame? Seppuku? Only Jeff is going to fire him and clearly he trusts him. Do you want a public statement or something?

Again, you mention a correction to the cycle like it hasn’t been wildly successful. Two SB appearances in 8 years and you want him to change the way he does business? It’s like because it’s not conventional, you don’t want the success. Like it’s only truly successful if it suits your tastes. That’s more of a you problem than a Howie problem. 

I would count 4, but Andy does not count as his hire, but his firing had Howie's heavy involvement already in offseasons (2011,2012), since he had mayor sway in player decisions already it counts for his tenure, and also Andy made comments regarding power struggles here when arriving in KC,  Chip absolutely counts too because he actively brought him in and had his second power struggle, and the other two we know all too well. 

The coaching is definitely about him too, because it is well known coaching candidates choose to stay away from him, he meddles with decisions that should be coaching staff, and thus we get this candidates that don't interview elsewhere, so it does count for him too. 

The accountability I want from him is to take a step back and let coaches handle their staff, not impose a change mid season and more importantly give power of the draft to personnel who are more suited for it. We know he is elite in other areas, have him handle those and as I said, have his McClay to his Jerry Jones. 

The problem with the Monday game is they probably didn’t get enough flyers on the obvious candidates and their interest. Dallas had an extra day. I don’t think Philli likes Bill or Carrol though. Running it back may be the best option.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Would you like to join my group chat? 😂 

My friends hate Howie and the eagles too

Thought we were done with the insults. 

Hard pass on joining your group.

I don’t hate Howie or the Eagles.

Thinking you didn’t get a joke is not an insult.