Fire Nick

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

No Doug was fired because he refused to have coaching chances forced on him on the offensive side of the ball.  Doug absolutely should've balked at that.  If a coach can't hire the guys he wants to implement his offense, then what is he even doing there?  

When you go to ownership and say, "Yeah we are giving the keys of the offense to Press Taylor" you deserve to be told no. Sorry. If you won't hire competent coordinators you gotta go. Doug refused. He went.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Pretty sure Doug was fired because he clearly tried to lose the final game of the season and lost the locker room.

Nick fired yet?

You honestly think that was a Doug decision? Oh man some of you guys.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

No Doug was fired because he refused to have coaching chances forced on him on the offensive side of the ball.  Doug absolutely should've balked at that.  If a coach can't hire the guys he wants to implement his offense, then what is he even doing there?  

And Nicky Kotite was hired because he was the first guy they interviewed that said “yes, I’ll be your puppet HC”.  

Hopefully Lurie over corrects and hires an adult as his replacement.  Maybe Julian and Jeff Lurie can see the errors of their ways.  I don’t have a lot of hope though. 

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

When you go to ownership and say, "Yeah we are giving the keys of the offense to Press Taylor" you deserve to be told no. Sorry. If you won't hire competent coordinators you gotta go. Doug refused. He went.

Doug runs the offense.  No elite up and coming coordinator is going to work for a head coach that calls the plays.  You hire guys that implement the foundation you want implemented.  Right or wrong they hired Doug to make those choices.  I don't blame Doug one bit for standing his ground.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I don't follow offensive coordinators closely but is the Texans, Packers or Lions guys worthy of trying to steal for our HC? Lions and Texans being the more obvious options since the Packers I'm not sure how much power that guy actually has. 

The better question you should be asking yourself is if any of these guys would want to work for Howie.  

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Doug runs the offense.  No elite up and coming coordinator is going to work for a head coach that calls the plays.  You hire guys that implement the foundation you want implemented.  Right or wrong they hired Doug to make those choices.  I don't blame Doug one bit for standing his ground.

And I don't blame the Eagles for firing him into the sun the second he had the gal to present such a terrible plan. Imagine you go to your boss after a down year who is looking for you to shake things up and your great idea is to promote the worst performer on your team. How would he take that? Would your job not be in a bit of trouble?

Doug stood his ground on what he believed in, got let go, went to Jacksonville and hired his dude who STILL sucks at his job. What a freaking shocker.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

14 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You honestly think that was a Doug decision? Oh man some of you guys.

Yes, it was more than likely a collective decision. But Doug has the ultimate say during the game. Once you saw the players on the sideline shaking their heads after Jalen got pulled, you knew it was over for Doug.