Fire Nick

Kiltman

Like Nick is going to be fired and I genuinely dont see him ever holding a significant NFL job ever again. He might be a bad wide receivers coach. If we fired Howie he would be running a team by the end of the week.

So pretty clear what the issue is right now.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Like Nick is going to be fired and I genuinely dont see him ever holding a significant NFL job ever again. He might be a bad wide receivers coach. If we fired Howie he would be running a team by the end of the week.

So pretty clear what the issue is right now.

No shot Howie gets fired… And he shouldn’t. Coaching staff needs total overhaul and defensively we need a reset and to build around Carter 

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

No shot Howie gets fired… And he shouldn’t. Coaching staff needs total overhaul and defensively we need a reset and to build around Carter 

Let’s get an attacking defense or maybe one that makes some level of sense

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can't believe we're wasting this core of talent that we have man. Can't keep it forever. Every year we don't hoist the Lombardi is a year wasted. 

The window is closed.  Most of the old guys are gone after this bc this is a rebuild job.  They honestly need to jettison Hurts too and rebuild around a new core.  This is going to be Howie's toughest job yet.

48 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The window is closed.  Most of the old guys are gone after this bc this is a rebuild job.  They honestly need to jettison Hurts too and rebuild around a new core.  This is going to be Howie's toughest job yet.

I don't think it's closed at all. This team is ready to win now. The offense is loaded. The defense has some young talent but is probably a couple years away from actually being good. They could add a few pieces there and be solid. Gotta figure most guys on the team underachieved in an uncharacteristic fashion. Positive regression is coming for a lot of these guys. I'm happy Lane gave a vote of confidence for a "few more good years". Losing Kelce isn't good but I have faith Jurgens can be a viable replacement. He's athletic and has similar traits to Kelce. Graham isn't a big departure and they can have Cox back if they want. Bradberry is a major detriment, addition by subtraction. Ditto Byard.

• Like 2

Still begs the question,  who would even want this job? Like seriously?

Taking the Eagles HC job is right up there if not worse then taking the Cowboys HC job with SB expectations! By the media, by the fans, by FO.

You guys will throw out names like Ben Johnson,  Bobby Slowik but why would they choose Philadelphia? Because they honestly believe I can fix the Eagles, I can win immediately with that roster? In hopes they too aren't fired within 3 years without a SB ring if they don't? 

Harbaugh would want Chip Kelly type control. That's not happening again with Howie.

Belichick Chip Kelly type control and the man might quit possibly want to retain Matt MF Patricia as DC. 🖕

Mike Vrabel? He might be the only one I could see bringing some semblance of structure, culture and accountability to the Eagles, not want GM duties but why would he want to deal with this drama on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis either?

I get the fact change is needed after this collapse. Nick is absolutely responsible for the Desai- Patricia debacle that probably started this lockerroom fracture in the first place. It can't just be coincidence we went 1-6 after that decision. 

He is responsible for hiring Sean and Brian in the first place. It all falls squarely on his shoulders as HC. I get it. I'm on board!

My question and concern is who in thier right mind would want to take this job after just firing the HC who made 3 straight playoffs appearances and was in the SB just last year? What Egomaniac out there says, I want that job? Other then the two underlined above?

Especially when there are other organizations they can attempt to build into a SB Contender and be given the time and resources to do so rather then the immediate 2024 SB expectations that is, Philadelphia?

This job isn't as appealing as you might think with all things considered. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Taking the Eagles HC job is right up there if not worse then taking the Cowboys HC job with SB expectations! By the media, by the fans, by FO.

You guys will throw out names like Ben Johnson,  Bobby Slowik but why would they choose Philadelphia? Because they honestly believe I can fix the Eagles, I can win immediately with that roster? In hopes they too aren't fired within 3 years without a SB ring if they don't? 

Harbaugh would want Chip Kelly type control. That's not happening again with Howie.

Belichick Chip Kelly type control and the man might quit possibly want to retain Matt MF Patricia as DC. 🖕

Mike Vrabel? He might be the only one I could see bringing some semblance of structure, culture and accountability to the Eagles, not want GM duties but why would he want to deal with this drama on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis either?

I get the fact change is needed after this collapse. Nick is absolutely responsible for the Desai- Patricia debacle that probably started this lockerroom fracture in the first place. It can't just be coincidence we went 1-6 after that decision. 

He is responsible for hiring Sean and Brian in the first place. It all falls squarely on his shoulders as HC. I get it. I'm on board!

My question and concern is who in thier right mind would want to take this job after just firing the HC who made 3 straight playoffs appearances and was in the SB just last year? What Egomaniac out there says, I want that job? Other then the two underlined above?

Especially when there are other organizations they can attempt to build into a SB Contender and be given the time and resources to do so rather then the immediate 2024 SB expectations that is, Philadelphia?

Do you really think it falls squarely on Nick for the coordinators?  Howie Roseman has as much, if not more say than Nick does.  We went through the same thing with Doug and that is where the disconnect started.

Coaches will not want this job for one reason, and one reason only.  HOWIE ROSEMAN.

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think the job is appealing assuming the power structure doesn't expect super bowl or bust in the new coach's first year. Second year if no improvement or regression then it becomes a burning hot seat given the talent on this team. Again, this team is ready to win a super bowl literally next year.