Fire Nick

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you really think it falls squarely on Nick for the coordinators?  Howie Roseman has as much, if not more say than Nick does.  We went through the same thing with Doug and that is where the disconnect started.

Coaches will not want this job for one reason, and one reason only.  HOWIE ROSEMAN.

You think Howie was the reason Brian Johnson was promoted from within? I don't for a second. That was Nick's decision or "attempt" to try and keep some semblance of familiarity for the offense and QB that almost won a SB and League MVP.

Sirianni assumptions Brian could actually be a good play caller, backfired 10 fold.

As to Howie being the reason other Coordinators or HC wouldn't want this job,  you must be referring to those men who want total football control like Harbaugh,  Belichick,  Payton, ect.....

I'm OK with the HC not being the GM.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

You think Howie was the reason Brian Johnson was promoted from within? I don't for a second. That was Nick's decision or "attempt" to try and keep some semblance of familiarity for the offense and QB that almost won a SB and League MVP.

Sirianni assumptions Brian could actually be a good play caller, backfired 10 fold.

As to Howie being the reason other Coordinators or HC wouldn't want this job,  you must be referring to those men who want total football control like Harbaugh,  Belichick,  Payton, ect.....

I'm OK with the HC not being the GM.

Brian Johnson, Hurts life long friend, and also coached at Florida, Howie is a Florida alum.  This was not a Sirianni decision, and I can back this statement up with the coordinators being forced on Doug by Howie.

And coaches won't want this job not because of full control, it is because Howie and Jeff meddle, and they will make a coach run their organizational philosophy.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think the job is appealing assuming the power structure doesn't expect super bowl or bust in the new coach's first year. Second year if no improvement or regression then it becomes a burning hot seat given the talent on this team. Again, this team is ready to win a super bowl literally next year.

That statement right there is exactly why it shouldn't be all that appealing to any Young up and coming innovative HC wanna be.

Win by year 2 or you're the next Doug Pederson or Nick Sirianni. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That statement right there is exactly why it shouldn't be all that appealing to any Young up and coming innovative HC wanna be.

Win by year 2 or you're the next Doug Pederson or Nick Sirianni. 

I think by year 2 with this assembly of talent it's fair to expect some significant progression. You'll get a courtesy year, but by year 2, better be advancing past the WC round. Piddle paddle around long enough, go ahead and watch your loaded offense become mediocre and your super bowl window close.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

36 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Still begs the question,  who would even want this job? Like seriously?

Taking the Eagles HC job is right up there if not worse then taking the Cowboys HC job with SB expectations! By the media, by the fans, by FO.

You guys will throw out names like Ben Johnson,  Bobby Slowik but why would they choose Philadelphia? Because they honestly believe I can fix the Eagles, I can win immediately with that roster? In hopes they too aren't fired within 3 years without a SB ring if they don't? 

Harbaugh would want Chip Kelly type control. That's not happening again with Howie.

Belichick Chip Kelly type control and the man might quit possibly want to retain Matt MF Patricia as DC. 🖕

Mike Vrabel? He might be the only one I could see bringing some semblance of structure, culture and accountability to the Eagles, not want GM duties but why would he want to deal with this drama on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis either?

I get the fact change is needed after this collapse. Nick is absolutely responsible for the Desai- Patricia debacle that probably started this lockerroom fracture in the first place. It can't just be coincidence we went 1-6 after that decision. 

He is responsible for hiring Sean and Brian in the first place. It all falls squarely on his shoulders as HC. I get it. I'm on board!

My question and concern is who in thier right mind would want to take this job after just firing the HC who made 3 straight playoffs appearances and was in the SB just last year? What Egomaniac out there says, I want that job? Other then the two underlined above?

Especially when there are other organizations they can attempt to build into a SB Contender and be given the time and resources to do so rather then the immediate 2024 SB expectations that is, Philadelphia?

This job isn't as appealing as you might think with all things considered. 

I don’t buy that coaches around the league would be scared off if we fired Sirianni… It’s clear as day this team was one of the most poorly coached in the NFL. Sure he has  had success but any competent football mind can see it’s not bc of coaching (except when Shane and Gannon were here).

There’s solid pieces on the roster to build around. I still think resigning Hurts to his absurd price tag this offseason was the worst thing we did in the summer

Edited by Wentz you dog you

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think by year 2 with this assembly of talent it's fair to expect some significant progression. You'll get a courtesy year, but by year 2, better be advancing past the WC round. Piddle paddle around long enough, go ahead and watch your loaded offense become mediocre and your super bowl window close.

Agreed.  Instead the offense, and the QB seriously regressed.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think by year 2 with this assembly of talent it's fair to expect some significant progression. You'll get a courtesy year, but by year 2, better be advancing past the WC round. Piddle paddle around long enough, go ahead and watch your loaded offense become mediocre.

I understand and agree with what your saying.  I'm saying as a newly hired HC why would you want those expectations by fans, media and the FO from the jump?

Are they Glutton's for punishment? Winning SB and playoff success isn't easy to achieve. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I understand and agree with what your saying.  I'm saying as a newly hired HC why would you want those expectations by fans, media and the FO from the jump?

Are they Glutton's for punishment? Winning SB and playoff success is easy to achieve. 

It'll certainly take a guy who believes strongly in his mission and his ability to lead and win now. I want that kind of guy personally. If Vrabel wasn't a defensive guy he'd be my #1 by far. But I'm sick of our OCs getting poached so we need an offensive guy.

27 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think the job is appealing assuming the power structure doesn't expect super bowl or bust in the new coach's first year. Second year if no improvement or regression then it becomes a burning hot seat given the talent on this team. Again, this team is ready to win a super bowl literally next year.

It's not and this roster is not built to win a SB.  We're talking about Kelce, Graham, and Cox all being gone.  The entire defense outside of DT needs to be torn up and rebuilt from the ground up.  You're going to have to replace the best player in the league at his position on the OL, potentially have to mov on from Brown, and even if you don't they need to they need to find a proper compliment to Smith and Brown.  Howie hasn't exactly had a great history at drafting defensive players and whoever the coach is will have to be on board with Howie having full autonomy over the roster.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

It's not and this roster is not built to win a SB.  We're talking about Kelce, Graham, and Cox all being gone.  The entire defense outside of DT needs to be torn up and rebuilt from the ground up.  You're going to have to replace the best player in the league at his position on the OL, potentially have to mov on from Brown, and even if you don't they need to they need to find a proper compliment to Smith and Brown.  Howie hasn't exactly had a great history at drafting defensive players and whoever the coach is will have to be on board with Howie having full autonomy over the roster.

Speaking of the defense being rebuilt, did we get any word on Slay's injury??