Fire Nick

Kiltman

26 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Exactly. Love me some Howie. 

Yes he missed on some this year but no one is perfect. Like you said 2 coaches that brought us to the SB. His drafting has gotten a lot better. Plus other stuff. 

Nicks gotta be the one to go. When you lose the locker room like he just did there's no going back unfortunately 

He missed quite a bit this year.

Free Agents

Bad signings = Penny, Williams, Morrow, Edmunds, Street

Meh signings = Mariotta, Evans, Arnold, Kelly, Leonard, Julio, Arnold

Good signings = Zaccheaus ( even though we could not figure out how to use him )

Last two drafts

Bad picks = Davis ( not worth the trade up, and will never have the impact of his draft slot ) and all pro Kyle Hamilton was there for the taking

Meh picks = Ringo, McKee, Johnson, Calcaterra

TBD picks = Steen, Smith, Ringo, Jurgens, Dean

Good picks = Carter and possibly Brown

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Yes, it was more than likely a collective decision. But Doug has the ultimate say during the game. Once you saw the players on the sideline shaking their heads after Jalen got pulled, you knew it was over for Doug.

So a bank robber puts a gun to your and you comply it's a collective decision? Just so that we are the same page.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

The better question you should be asking yourself is if any of these guys would want to work for Howie.  

There’s 32 HC jobs in the entire world. How many guys can honestly pass up an opportunity because they don’t love everything about the position? The guys that are saying candidates don’t want to come here because the FO is involved in football ongoings are short sighted. The FO involves themselves either during your tenure or when they fire you. But rest assured, they involve themselves. Personally, I’m involving myself to an extent. But I’m not just handing my billion dollar franchise over to someone without any kind of involvement from myself. If you don’t like it, there’s 31 other teams. I don’t get the notion that I shouldn’t get to have any input over my franchise. What inexperienced candidate gets to demand autonomy? I think it’s careless ownership personally to allow it. I can see why others have differing opinions on it. Just seems ridiculous, imo. 

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

And I don't blame the Eagles for firing him into the sun the second he had the gal to present such a terrible plan. Imagine you go to your boss after a down year who is looking for you to shake things up and your great idea is to promote the worst performer on your team. How would he take that? Would your job not be in a bit of trouble?

Doug stood his ground on what he believed in, got let go, went to Jacksonville and hired his dude who STILL sucks at his job. What a freaking shocker.

They did a middle of the road job with a middle of the road roster.  I don't think Jacksonville fans the 2 that exist are all that upset with Doug.

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Of all the analogies you can choose from, you're gonna go with one that results in death?

That's essentially what you're asking Doug to do in that scenario.  Comply or we will find someone that will.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

That's essentially what you're asking Doug to do in that scenario.  Comply or we will find someone that will.

Getting fired from a job is not "essentially" the same as being murdered lol.

But my main question still stands. Nick fired yet?

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s 32 HC jobs in the entire world. How many guys can honestly pass up an opportunity because they don’t love everything about the position? The guys that are saying candidates don’t want to come here because the FO is involved in football ongoings are short sighted. The FO involves themselves either during your tenure or when they fire you. But rest assured, they involve themselves. Personally, I’m involving myself to an extent. But I’m not just handing my billion dollar franchise over to someone without any kind of involvement from myself. If you don’t like it, there’s 31 other teams. I don’t get the notion that I shouldn’t get to have any input over my franchise. What inexperienced candidate gets to demand autonomy? I think it’s careless ownership personally to allow it. I can see why others have differing opinions on it. Just seems ridiculous, imo. 

You're hiring a guy as an owner to do a job.  If you didn't like the plan they laid before you in a job interview you shouldn't be hiring them in the 1sr place.  Just because you own the team, a great businessman, accountant, etc does not make you qualified to handle player personnel decisions.  Lurie's job is to provide the resources to Howie to do the job he hired him to do.  Howie's job is to provide the HC with the resources he needs to do his job.  Neither should be forcing a DC coordinator change at 10-3 or slowly stripping his power at 8-1.  It's Nick's staff.  That's his job.  Meddling owners is how you wind up with the mess in Washington, Dallas, Carolina, etc.  No coach with multiple options is going to submit to that kind of treatment which is why guys like Slowik, Ben Johnson, etc are unlikely to be here because they will have better opportunities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

No Doug was fired because he refused to have coaching chances forced on him on the offensive side of the ball.  Doug absolutely should've balked at that.  If a coach can't hire the guys he wants to implement his offense, then what is he even doing there?  

Doug was inept. Press Taylor is the offensive coordinator now in Jacksonville and should've been fired this year still.

52 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:
54 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Pretty sure Doug was fired because he clearly tried to lose the final game of the season and lost the locker room.

Nick fired yet?

You honestly think that was a Doug decision? Oh man some of you guys.

No that was absolutely NOT a Doug decision.

48 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Oh hey.  Just checking in to see if am allowed to be negative now?  

You're allowed to be negative. LOL

I choose to be optimistic until there's reason not to be, like when we have consecutive losses. Everyone SHOULD be negative now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You're hiring a guy as an owner to do a job.  If you didn't like the plan they laid before you in a job interview you shouldn't be hiring them in the 1sr place.  Just because you own the team, a great businessman, accountant, etc does not make you qualified to handle player personnel decisions.  Lurie's job is to provide the resources to Howie to do the job he hired him to do.  Howie's job is to provide the HC with the resources he needs to do his job.  Neither should be forcing a DC coordinator change at 10-3 or slowly stripping his power at 8-1.  It's Nick's staff.  That's his job.  Meddling owners is how you wind up with the mess in Washington, Dallas, Carolina, etc.  No coach with multiple options is going to submit to that kind of treatment which is why guys like Slowik, Ben Johnson, etc are unlikely to be here because they will have better opportunities.

Ideally, sure. But when do things work out ideally in the NFL? Being rigid is how you get decades of ineptitude. Data changes weekly, you can’t just always be steadfast. You have to know when the milk has spoiled. Some things can be fixed, some can’t. But ultimately, it’s the FO’s decision to either let it play out or intervene and adjust or blow it up. I think it’s malpractice to not be involved in your team to an extent. I don’t get the argument that the owner turns a blind eye to everything. Any dum-dum can see the problems on this team. That’s not germane to Philly. However, when the problems persist and nothing is done or the person you hired can’t fix it, then it becomes an absolute indictment on your HCing ability and a change could/should be in order. Luries been fairly successful. Why would he change his philosophy while having a proven record of success? 

If we do fire Nick, you can bet it won't happen until after the guys we'd want as HC sign with other teams, and then we'll start the interview process with guys like Matt Nagy and Frank Reich.
Jeff will delay the decision to move on just long enough for us to miss out on even interviewing Slowik, Ben, Harbaugh, etc, and then he'll say some new information came to light, and he had to make the decision to move on from Nick, and we will now begin the process of hiring a new staff a week after the top guys are with their new teams.