Fire Nick

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I thought we agreed 2017 was mostly on coaching. 2022 would have been Howie's magnum opus. 

I didn’t agree on that lol. Of course it’s a collective. Howie gets no credit for flipping assets all the way down to draft Wentz? Acquiring Alshon? Blount? Ajayi? Long? Foles? I  agree it was a perfect storm but I can’t say it was “mostly” anyone. I think they all get equal parts credit. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I didn’t agree on that lol. Of course it’s a collective. Howie gets no credit for flipping assets all the way down to draft Wentz? Acquiring Alshon? Blount? Ajayi? Long? Foles? I  agree it was a perfect storm but I can’t say it was “mostly” anyone. I think they all get equal parts credit. 

He does deserve credit, although not to the extent he believes. 

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He does deserve credit, although not to the extent he believes. 

I mean, when guys call for his head when one year goes bad, then he deserves the flowers when he reaches the pinnacle of his field. You can’t have it both ways and I know it comes with the assignment but he put a team together that won a SB and came one defensive stop away from another. I don’t know how he shouldn’t get his accolades regardless how people feel about him personally. Effective is effective. Results are results. No matter how you think the process or the journey should go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean, when guys call for his head when one year goes bad, then he deserves the flowers when he reaches the pinnacle of his field. You can’t have it both ways and I know it comes with the assignment but he put a team together that won a SB and came one defensive stop away from another. I don’t know how he shouldn’t get his accolades regardless how people feel about him personally. Effective is effective. Results are results. No matter how you think the process or the journey should go. 

I don't want him gone, but there is definitely things he needs to improve on because the cycle keeps repeating itself except for the SB victory. Results are results and those are extremely high variance, more successful GMs have been fired for less, he's about to go through his four HC and that is some Jerry Jones sh*t, that can't be ignored. I know you are afraid to go back to the pre-Lurie days as you've said so numerous times, but there has to be accountability on his end.  

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The fact that both of those teams fell of so quickly after a Super Bowl win and Super Bowl appearance is a major indictment of Howie, and tells me it was more luck with his philosophy of free agents, and not skill because he was unable to sustain it.

23 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't want him gone, but there is definitely things he needs to improve on because the cycle keeps repeating itself except for the SB victory. Results are results and those are extremely high variance, more successful GMs have been fired for less, he's about to go through his four HC and that is some Jerry Jones sh*t, that can't be ignored. I know you are afraid to go back to the pre-Lurie days as you've said so numerous times, but there has to be accountability on his end.  

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The fact that both of those teams fell of so quickly after a Super Bowl win and Super Bowl appearance is a major indictment of Howie, and tells me it was more luck with his philosophy of free agents, and not skill because he was unable to sustain it.

We know Howie isn’t perfect. We know everyone isn’t. He has things he’s great at, things he struggles with. We know football success is extremely difficult. Ask the Lions sans these last couple years. Ask the Panthers, ask the cardinals, ask etc, etc. It’s not that I’m afraid to go back to pre-Andy era, which was awful mind you, it’s that’s I know not everything will be perfect but if you find someone that has proven success, you don’t just get rid of it. Especially when one oh his strengths is being able to rebuild rather quickly. We all give credit to FOs and coaches that identify problems and address those. Chip was a mess, Doug had the option to address his coordinators and he didn’t, so he got fired. Nick will probably meet that same question. I don’t have a problem with my GM taking information in and addressing a clear issue. Whether it’s extreme or not. 

Regardless how you guys feel personally how teams should be built or how maintained, Howie has results. Whether you’d like to admit it or not. For instance, if by next year, we’re back in the playoffs and looking for another SB, how many more times can you question his method if he’s proving that it works? Just the fact that he’s rebuilt a team twice and reached the last game of the year twice in less than a decade should really be enough for you to, at the very very very least, give him leash to rectify the problems and go forward. I don’t say that to say he shouldn’t receive blame or  is above criticism. Because he drives the ship. He has a hand in everything. He gets his share. But if you’re telling me we need a better GM, I’m not really sure what you want. 

• Like 2

Man, real talk, I feel like it would be a mistake for you all to do this. **** happens, and I think this is a case of that. Let him reload his staff with some talent and roll again. IMO you're still the best team in the East and Sirianni is a part of that. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Man, real talk, I feel like it would be a mistake for you all to do this. **** happens, and I think this is a case of that. Let him reload his staff with some talent and roll again. IMO you're still the best team in the East and Sirianni is a part of that. 

Nah, we keep it movin round here. Better a year early than a year late as the saying goes.

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We know Howie isn’t perfect. We know everyone isn’t. He has things he’s great at, things he struggles with. We know football success is extremely difficult. Ask the Lions sans these last couple years. Ask the Panthers, ask the cardinals, ask etc, etc. It’s not that I’m afraid to go back to pre-Andy era, which was awful mind you, it’s that’s I know not everything will be perfect but if you find someone that has proven success, you don’t just get rid of it. Especially when one oh his strengths is being able to rebuild rather quickly. We all give credit to FOs and coaches that identify problems and address those. Chip was a mess, Doug had the option to address his coordinators and he didn’t, so he got fired. Nick will probably meet that same question. I don’t have a problem with my GM taking information in and addressing a clear issue. Whether it’s extreme or not. 

Regardless how you guys feel personally how teams should be built or how maintained, Howie has results. Whether you’d like to admit it or not. For instance, if by next year, we’re back in the playoffs and looking for another SB, how many more times can you question his method if he’s proving that it works? Just the fact that he’s rebuilt a team twice and reached the last game of the year twice in less than a decade should really be enough for you to, at the very very very least, give him leash to rectify the problems and go forward. I don’t say that to say he shouldn’t receive blame or  is above criticism. Because he drives the ship. He has a hand in everything. He gets his share. But if you’re telling me we need a better GM, I’m not really sure what you want. 

Well said. +100

Howie needs to get some actual player personnel guys on his team.  He's great at wheeling and dealing, he's great at making the financials work, he's aggressive when he needs to go out and get someone.  He's got some real blind spots though when it comes to drafting, devaluing certain positions, and blindly handing out big contracts to players they should probably move on from.  Does anyone believe Bradberry and or Slay are getting new contracts over CJGJ during Joe Banner's tenure? How the LB core was pieced together was malpractice for a team with aspiration to win a SB.  I love Fletcher for instance, but that money should've been allocated to TJ Edwards.  Losing 1 of White and Edwards you can survive, but losing both had them chasing their tails all season.

• Like 2