Divisional round thread: Texans @ Ravens, Saturday 4:30pm EST

AngusMcFife

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

how would you guys and gals say your run D is? Someone very numbers oriented told me that it is "fruadulent" which I didnt agree with, but they made a compelling case based on the numbers over the last 5 games. 4.82 ypc, 45% success rate, 13% chunk %.

What say you? 

I would say it's probably our most glaring deficiency on defense. Not to say we are terrible, but power running teams have been able to exploit us up the middle throughout the course of this year. However, for some reason or another they all seem to give up on the run too early and end up playing into our defensive strengths. Only team that really stuck to the run and out muscled us this year was Cleveland in their comeback win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

how would you guys and gals say your run D is? Someone very numbers oriented told me that it is "fruadulent" which I didnt agree with, but they made a compelling case based on the numbers over the last 5 games. 4.82 ypc, 45% success rate, 13% chunk %.

What say you? 

Run defense is I’d say average. The emphasis isn’t on stopping the run, but limiting explosive pass plays.

But fraudulent, no. It’s not elite, but it’s definitely not bottom 10 or something to be considered fraudulent.

• Like 1

Concerns:

- Cold-weather Lamar. Now is the time all his offseason work on revamping his mechanics will hopefully pay off. We need overhand throws with a tight spiral to cut through the wind.

- Run-defense. I don't want to see our DL pushed around.

- Random turnovers. Often times these big games with superstar QBs are determined by random role players making a key fumble/drop. Also big plays on special teams. Everyone has to do their part and secure the football at all times.