2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No, I'm referencing when they said about this past season and how it was just a formality for the meetings, that even with how the season finished he wasn't on the hot seat. 

Can you explain why if Nick was on the hot seat that Howie would come out and say that?

Did you really not think this press conference was going to be a bunch of PR veiled BS? Like every single press conference in the past 15 years? Nothing said in these actually mean anything. They are just performing a part of their job by saying as little as possible per usual. There was never going to be some kind of call out for Nick today lmfao.

We could do worse than Fangio. But I think I've had my fill with that scheme. Specially if we keep that stupid and rigid team building philosophy on defense. We could have the best defensive mind in NFL history and will do no good if we keep going with all-DL approach, it has really put a damper on the allocation on talent pretty much everywhere on the team.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

We could do worse than Fangio. But I think I've had my fill with that scheme. Specially if we keep that stupid and rigid team building philosophy on defense. We could have the best defensive mind in NFL history and will do no good if we keep going with all-DL approach, it has really put a damper on the allocation on talent pretty much everywhere on the team.

And Fangio's defense in Miami had NFL caliber LB'ers, CB's and S's.  It may look different when you run that scheme and are deficient at those positions.  For example, see the 2023 Phildadelphia Eagles defense.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And Fangio's defense in Miami had NFL caliber LB'ers, CB's and S's.  It may look different when you run that scheme and are deficient at those positions.  For example, see the 2023 Phildadelphia Eagles defense.

And damn good ones too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In order for this scheme to work you have to have good LB'ers.  It's pretty much predicated on having a dominant front 4 and all pro caliber LB's.  Just look at some of the gr at LB's Fangio has coached and how successful those teams were.  Even last year having TJ and White it made a world of difference from 2021 to 2022 to 2023.

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They were riddled with injuries all year

No matter who they hire or what players they bring in, I just cant get confident in this team with a FO that cant see the light of day and a clown for a HC. This is a "I'll believe it when I see it" offseason for me. 

12 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

In order for this scheme to work you have to have good LB'ers.  It's pretty much predicated on having a dominant front 4 and all pro caliber LB's.  Just look at some of the gr at LB's Fangio has coached and how successful those teams were.  Even last year having TJ and White it made a world of difference from 2021 to 2022 to 2023.

Every Eagles Super Bowl team has had good to great LB and Safety play, one would think the FO would learn to appreciate them more than they do. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Going to hire fangio and Kingsbury and suck on both sides of the ball next year 

I don’t think they’ll hire Kliff

well, I know they might but I’m choosing to pretend they’re going to hire a cool OC and hand him the keys

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Every Eagles Super Bowl team has had good to great LB and Safety play, one would think the FO would learn to appreciate them more than they do. 

You’d think wouldn’t you. Every time we’ve gone to the superbowl in the howie era it’s the year we sign a good free agent LB

its unbelievably obvious

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

You’d think wouldn’t you. Every time we’ve gone to the superbowl in the howie era it’s the year we sign a good free agent LB

its unbelievably obvious

White wasn't good but when you compare him with what we had in 2023, he's Bobby Wagner. We also had good LB from within the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

White wasn't good but when you compare him with what we had in 2023, he's Bobby Wagner. We also had good LB from within the team.

Well

when you pair white (who is most definitely a decent player) with edwards suddenly you have a good LB corp

add CJGJ? Your back 7 is completely different

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Well

when you pair white (who is most definitely a decent player) with edwards suddenly you have a good LB corp

add CJGJ? Your back 7 is completely different

CJGJ was very underappreciated in this site, because his INTs weren't "high quality".

Give me fluky 6 ints. over 3 good ones any day of the week. 

• Like 1