2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

11 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think he’s almost a shoe-in. Too many good numbers and reports. Whether he beats out Maddox is another story

slay

bradberry (for now)

ringo

ricks

are the guys I feel will 100% make the team

then there’s the 80% guys

maddox

hall

rodgers

jobe

and jobe is a special teams star which might sway things in his favor.

obviously some sort of trade for a big name, or drafting in the 1st round with supersede all of that. But that’s already 8 guys. The eagles are already better off than last season. I still wish they could cut Bradberry and trade slay because I prefer a complete reset there

Bradberry and our 4th for Jaycee Horn...Lets doo it lol 

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think he’s almost a shoe-in. Too many good numbers and reports. Whether he beats out Maddox is another story

slay

bradberry (for now)

ringo

ricks

are the guys I feel will 100% make the team

then there’s the 80% guys

maddox

hall

rodgers

jobe

and jobe is a special teams star which might sway things in his favor.

obviously some sort of trade for a big name, or drafting in the 1st round with supersede all of that. But that’s already 8 guys. The eagles are already better off than last season. I still wish they could cut Bradberry and trade slay because I prefer a complete reset there

I like the way you laid that out. I agree with all of it. Bradberry feels like the fatty portion that we need to cut off tbh. Replace him with a high drafted rookie or a star corner in a trade and I'm feeling really good about corner. I still think Slay has at least a year left of solid play in him. This is the year I'd try to find his replacement at CB1 though. If that's a draft pick, let that guy play/compete for CB2 with Ringo and maybe Rodgers. Who knows maybe the rookie will overtake Slay at CB1 this year. If it's a significant trade, then that'll automatically slide Slay down to CB2. Obviously Ringo is super duper intriguing, and Rodgers is as well to a lesser degree. But Ricks is a guy I'm super curious about too. I'm assuming they look at him as an outside guy, I'd hope so anyways since his traits scream outside guy.

8 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Thought this was interesting. Could stash him on ps with no waivers and still keep a young guy

So would another team still be able to sign him? Feel like that's a guarantee. 

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

The competition for nickel will likely be 

Maddox, tyler hall and maybe McPherson if he’s healthy

I Think with CJGJ here this makes it less likely  they draft a nickel. OL, EDGE, and WR barring some sort of trade we don’t see coming. They’re setting themselves up nicely to not “have” to take anyone which is nice.

Yep.  I think they think that their set at slot.  Let those guys compete and throw CJGJ in the mix if all else fails as he will likely be in that spot anyway if they go with a big nickel set.  If they draft a guy I think it's someone on the outside and Bradberry's playing days with the Eagles may be hinging on that decision.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like the way you laid that out. I agree with all of it. Bradberry feels like the fatty portion that we need to cut off tbh. Replace him with a high drafted rookie or a star corner in a trade and I'm feeling really good about corner. I still think Slay has at least a year left of solid play in him. This is the year I'd try to find his replacement at CB1 though. If that's a draft pick, let that guy play/compete for CB2 with Ringo and maybe Rodgers. Who knows maybe the rookie will overtake Slay at CB1 this year. If it's a significant trade, then that'll automatically slide Slay down to CB2. Obviously Ringo is super duper intriguing, and Rodgers is as well to a lesser degree. But Ricks is a guy I'm super curious about too. I'm assuming they look at him as an outside guy, I'd hope so anyways since his traits scream outside guy.

Yeah, my only reasoning for trading slay is they’re going younger everywhere, if trading him brings back a 5th, I’d be for it. Only assuming the eagles have a plan. If they could trade for horn or Surtain I’d rather us roll with ringo on the other side. Be cheaper and younger. Eagles were so slow last year. I like the idea of closing those gaps quicker with younger legs.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Yep.  I think they think that their set at slot.  Let those guys compete and throw CJGJ in the mix if all else fails as he will likely be in that spot anyway if they go with a big nickel set.  If they draft a guy I think it's someone on the outside and Bradberry's playing days with the Eagles may be hinging on that decision.

Anything’s possible but I doubt they make any notable moves at slot. Any moves made will be on the outside 

I like locking up Mailata for the next couple years - hopefully they get Smitty done shortly too.

The Maddox signing is stupid - it's time to move on from the guy and let him be another teams problem. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I like locking up Mailata for the next couple years - hopefully they get Smitty done shortly too.

The Maddox signing is stupid - it's time to move on from the guy and let him be another teams problem. 

Howie cant let go of the one draft that saved his job.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Howie cant let go of the one draft that saved his job.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I'm ok with Maddox signing since we got multiple options to replace him if he's injured yet again. He gets hurt again he's gonna be playing on vet minimum or out the league soon after.