2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Pretty cool stuff - Jalen Carter was PFF's best DT from three different techniques: 2i, 2-tech, and 3-tech. To have those three locked down as a rookie is VERY impressive. I'd say those are the three techniques I think of when I think about the DT position in general. Especially game-wrecking DTs.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can someone tell me how Jalen did in OTA's in 2022? Honestly curious,  dont remember?? You know, when we had a Top 5 Defense and a top 5 Offense?

I'm 100% positive at no point during that off season did anyone, and I mean anyone think he'd have a MVP type caliber season. NO ONE!

So my question is. Is this an improved secondary making plays? Or him and the offense struggling to get on the same page, learning a new system?

If these things are occurring in TC/PS games/ 1st month of the season, then I'll worry.  Until then, is what it is. 

He had his best performance of his career and had his by far his best training camp.  Some of the things I've been reading from OTA's and mini camp are alarming.

It's definitely exciting to think how much better the Eagles defense could be in 2024.  

Hurt struggling is definitely not ideal.  Not that this means anything, but Tanner McKee having the best camp of all Eagles QB's is not what you want to hear.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Tanner McKee having the best camp of all Eagles QB's is not what you want to hear.

Sorry but this means absolutely nothing to me. I'd hope Tanner playing against what amounts to PS players,  players probably not making this 53 man roster, looks good. 

If McKee was doing these same things vs #1's, hell even vs #2/3's. I'd be encouraged. I'm not!

On 6/5/2024 at 11:11 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Even as big a hater as you are, please tell me you don't honestly believe Jalen wasn't injured during the Jets game? Wasn't clearly effected moving forward?

Try reading more then 1 post before chiming in, typically helps. 👌

Go ask Mike about his list?

Kyler's name was added because he's had 1 singular season where he look good, yet is somehow still viewed in a positive light by the masses as a QB? He too has the tag of being "injury prone" yet issome how viewed different?

Look I get it. There is nothing short of a SB ring Jalen could do to change some of your minds. He could have another MVP type season, but without that ring, still suck. 

It comes with the territory of being a Philadelphia Eagles QB. It's what you people do. Hurts is just in a long line of QB's some fans will always hate. 

Now if that applies to you.....wear it! If not , guess we'll see if he can change your opinion by seasons end. Doubtful in your case but one can hope. 🤞

There's a clear difference between be hurt and being injured.  Do I believe he was hurt? Sure.  Injured? Who knows.  Clearly it wasn't enough to keep him out of practice and have the Eagles put him on the injury report.  I seriously doubt they would have put their 250 million dollar QB in harms way if they believed he was significantly injured.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but this means absolutely nothing to me. I'd hope Tanner playing against what amounts to PS players,  players probably not making this 53 man roster, looks good. 

If McKee was doing these same things vs #1's, hell even vs #2/3's. I'd be encouraged. I'm not!

He's gotten reps throwing against guys like Mitchell and DeJean throwing to WR's that won't make the team, so that's not really the case.  Again, I didn't say it means much, but it's concerning when your projected #3 QB has by far looked the sharpest of all QB's.  It should also be noted that Sirianni and every other offensive coach has been quoted about they need to make the communication part of playing QB easier for Hurts.  This is coach speak for Hurt's is struggling picking up the offense, seeing the field, and making his pre and post snap reads.  These are also the exact same things we heard all last year in camp.  It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

There's a clear difference between be hurt and being injured.  Do I believe he was hurt? Sure.  Injured? Who knows.  Clearly it wasn't enough to keep him out of practice and have the Eagles put him on the injury report.  I seriously doubt they would have put their 250 million dollar QB in harms way if they believed he was significantly injured.

Eagles were 10-1, somehow won 5 more games after the Jets loss vs Mia,Dal,KC,Buff. They were coming off a SB appearance.  Niether Hurts nor that Coaching staff if Jalen was willing, was throwing the season away during that gauntlet for Marcus Mariota to start.

By the time weeks 12-18 were here, the injury was what is was. Pretending like it didn't play a factor to fit your agenda is funny. 

Everyone could see, Hurts couldn't run. Hurts had no burst. Hurts only took off when he absolutely had to.

If he wasn't injured, that clearly wouldn't of happened.  Be better. 

• Like 1

Again, difference between being hurt and injured.  Nearly ever NFL player is dealing with some form of pain and body fatigue by seasons end, but we're just supposed to take at face value Hurts is dealing with a serious injury? Every single year? And whether it's true or not we have a problem either way.  Either your 250 million dollar QB is incapable of staying healthy, or we need to pr spin and make excuses for him for why he can't perform his job.  This blind faith in Hurts is absolutely maddening when the vast majority of his body of work suggests he's an average NFL starting QB that got hot for 1 season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

It's definitely exciting to think how much better the Eagles defense could be in 2024.  

Hurt struggling is definitely not ideal.  Not that this means anything, but Tanner McKee having the best camp of all Eagles QB's is not what you want to hear.

Lets pump the breaks on OTA Struggles as the Great Allen Iverson said and Ted Lasso Repeated...
Allen Iverson quote: We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the...

I know it's slow in the offseason, but outside of who's playing where and who's getting starter reps, have headlines out of minicamp, ota's, training camp, etc. ever mattered?

• Like 1