2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

49 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

To be fair, some of us saw it even when the team was winning and said so at the time. Some podcasts pointed out that the team didn't look right despite their record. 

On a different-ish topic, I don't think there's a franchise that questions its QB leadership as much as this one, even with a guy that was a proven leader like Jalen everywhere, and praised as such from the moment he arrived here. 

The teams in this franchise turn toxic very fast as soon as everything is not 100% right, even with different QBs and coaching staff and I don't think it's a coincidence.

I along was questioning even when winning. 

I was just posing questions that tech haven't been answered while also stating how Hurts has had a free pass. 

Also trying to figure out what could be the main disconnect between Hurts and Sirianni could be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I along was questioning even when winning. 

I was just posing questions that tech haven't been answered while also stating how Hurts has had a free pass. 

Also trying to figure out what could be the main disconnect between Hurts and Sirianni could be. 

Even in 2022 you saw Jalen "reeling in" Sirianni when he was being his obnoxious self. That can't be pleasant for a QB. 

Only because we were dominating at the time, the average fan was all "he's so Philly" "he's perfect for this city", but when he wasn't good anymore that act wasn't as pleasant and  as it is always the case he isn't "so Philly" anymore. 

• Like 1

Either way, both Nick and Jalen have 1 season to get it right or neither will be here much longer.  It is definitely interesting though how the public wants to place all of the blame at Nick's feet despite the fact Jalen was given his hand picked coordinator and Desai's mid season emasculation likely came from above Nick's head.  Howie is virtually impenetrable, Nick and Jalen are not.  Could entirely be a case of Nick was sniffing and feeling himself a little too much when they just kept winning and needed to be humbled.  Could be a case of Jalen going through that now after getting at the time a record contract and has lost that chip on his shoulder.  We'll all find out soon enough.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Either way, both Nick and Jalen have 1 season to get it right or neither will be here much longer.  It is definitely interesting though how the public wants to place all of the blame at Nick's feet despite the fact Jalen was given his hand picked coordinator and Desai's mid season emasculation likely came from above Nick's head.  Howie is virtually impenetrable, Nick and Jalen are not.  Could entirely be a case of Nick was sniffing and feeling himself a little too much when they just kept winning and needed to be humbled.  Could be a case of Jalen going through that now after getting at the time a record contract and has lost that chip on his shoulder.  We'll all find out soon enough.

This seems a pretty fair take on what is going on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Even in 2022 you saw Jalen "reeling in" Sirianni when he was being his obnoxious self. That can't be pleasant for a QB. 

Only because we were dominating at the time, the average fan was all "he's so Philly" "he's perfect for this city", but when he wasn't good anymore that act wasn't as pleasant and  as it is always the case he isn't "so Philly" anymore. 

Why Does he need to be reeled in though, Coach cant have a fiery personality? Is it all because the QB wants to be stoic and non fired up at all towards teammates always just at one level, never any emotion so the Coach has to follow suit? Could that be the issue? 

Think that could be the main issue? Sirianni wants Hurts to be more fiery to rally the team, meanwhile Hurts wants the coach to calm down and be more passive and dialed in. 

Think Hurts not being a vocal fiery leader is one of his biggest issues IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Why Does he need to be reeled in though, Coach cant have a fiery personality? Is it all because the QB wants to be stoic and non fired up at all towards teammates always just at one level, never any emotion so the Coach has to follow suit? Could that be the issue? 

Think that could be the main issue? Sirianni wants Hurts to be more fiery to rally the team, meanwhile Hurts wants the coach to calm down and be more passive and dialed in. 

Think Hurts not being a vocal fiery leader is one of his biggest issues IMO. 

Because he was acting like an as# despite being wrong on the challenge. 

I don't think being fiery is an issue at all, as long as you're a leader there's no exact way you should act. Foles was never that way and always been considered a good leader. Same with Hurts dating to his college days. 

Nick could be fiery all he wants but he doesn't back it up with him being good anymore. That wears thin fast. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think being fiery is an issue at all, as long as you're a leader there's no exact way you should act. Foles was never that way and always been considered a good leader. Same with Hurts dating to his college days. 

Nick could be fiery all he wants but he doesn't back it up with him being good anymore. That wears thin fast. 

I agree about Sirianni's personality. If you act that way, you had better be good. If you have bad stretches they better be short or people are gonna get on you quick.  Also, regarding the "nobody had anything bad to say when we were 10-1" comment... I don't really post a lot here during the season but I know for sure I (and I believe I saw people on this site also shared this thought) was very critical of their play from basically the start of the season. I generally give teams a pass for the first 4 weeks nowadays due to the lack of preseason games and the less physical training camps teams run now. Teams need a little bit of time to find their identity and play at their full potential. The Eagles had clear problems in those first 4 games but probably looked better then than they did all year. They never addressed their issues and they never put together a complete game through those first 11 games despite being 10-1. The Niners just absolutely exploited them and I thought perhaps that would be the catalyst for this team to get it together but it never happened. The opposite did and they completely unraveled down the stretch. I've still yet to reconcile that meltdown (specifically the playoff game) and the fact that Sirianni had so much veteran support subsequent to that debacle. That's why it's very difficult for me to make an educated guess at what I think the the Eagles' record will be next season. They have an opportunity to be great but the potential of an extreme disappointment appears to be a more distinct possibility than in years past.

• Like 1

Yep.  If you're going to actively make a scene week in and week out, then you're going to put a bullseye on your back and you better have an answer when you face adversity.  It was a complete and utter meltdown and the two men they needed the most to pull them out of it had no answers.

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

To be fair, some of us saw it even when the team was winning and said so at the time. Some podcasts pointed out that the team didn't look right despite their record. 

On a different-ish topic, I don't think there's a franchise that questions its QB leadership as much as this one, even with a guy that was a proven leader like Jalen everywhere, and praised as such from the moment he arrived here. 

The teams in this franchise turn toxic very fast as soon as everything is not 100% right, even with different QBs and coaching staff and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Well damn Joe, this might be a first. Two posts, B2B I'm 100% in agreement with you on. 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I know most of you have very little faith in Nolan Smith ,not taking the proverbial "next step". I think he will but, who knows.

That said, what are your guys expectations for Bryce Huff? Will he be the main reason Smith will lose reps? Sweat? Or will Vic take a Gannon approach and run Pass Rushers in waves? Keeping everyone,  fresh?

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That said, what are your guys expectations for Bryce Huff? Will he be the main reason Smith will lose reps?

Right around 10 or 11 sacks, but I need to see the new look defense in action first.
Might be a little less if our coverage doesn't improve.
Might be a little more if it noticeably improves.

Nolan Smith just not being very good at rushing the passer will be the reason Nolan Smith will lose reps. It will have nothing to do with Huff or Sweat.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1