2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Eskin also said

"Nick Sirianni is a very good coach," Eskin told Hugh Douglas and Joe Giglio on Tuesday's 94WIP Midday Show. "I know there are people that don't want to believe that, but players respect him. Maybe Jalen has some questions, but it's not the head coach. If you're worried about the offense than it's Kellen Moore and he gets along with Kellen Moore, so what are you trying to do? He better have a good year and I think he'll have a better year. But I think he needs to have a good year or they're going to Carson Wentz him if he doesn't have a good year...He's got to have a good year and he can't make excuses. Just go out there and be the best player you can be."

"Here's what I found out when I started to check into this further," Eskin said. "[Hurts] said the offense is 95-percent different, new, correct? OK. It's 20-percent different, it's not 95-percent, it's only about 20-percent. I found that out from multiple people."

So why did Hurts say that?

"To make an excuse, because people criticized him with the way he was playing at camp," Eskin responded.

"I'm like disappointed [in Hurts], you don't need excuses. Take responsibility."

I always thought the 95% offense change was a bit exaggerated.   He has a loaded offense around him.  There should be no excuses.

• Like 1

Eskin is this decades version of Sal Pal from 25 years ago. Constantly and intentionally creating controversy,  where there isn't any for ratings and people who absolutely crave for that click bait ****.

It's already been reported and explained when he said 95%, that could just be terminology,  the way the play is called in the huddle,  not the actual concept, the actual route which almost every offense runs. Verbiage!!

But hey, let make controversy to create clicks, create buzz! 

I legit hate the Philadelphia Media and the dumb *** fan base that byes into this 💩 each and every GD time!

Edited by Nabbs4u

23 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Eskin is this decades version of Sal Pal from 25 years ago. Constantly and intentionally creating controversy,  where there isn't any for ratings and people who absolutely crave for that click bait ****.

It's already been reported and explained when he said 95%, that could just be terminology,  the way the play is called in the huddle,  not the actual concept, the actual route which almost every offense runs. Verbiage!!

But hey, let make controversy to create clicks, create buzz! 

I legit hate the Philadelphia Media and the dumb *** fan base that byes into this 💩 each and every GD time!

You seem to feel some kind of way about this.  Nobody wants to hear excuses from Hurts, Sirianni, or anyone else on this team after having one of the worst collapses in franchise history.  Hurts played poorly in OTA's and mini camp and fans don't want to hear their franchise QB making excuses for why he doesn't look sharp.  They're looking for a bit of humility and a plan of correction.  Hurts could have re-framed his answer and basically given the same information and the response from the media and fans would have been completely different.  Literally all he has to say was something to the effect of, "We looked sloppy out there, but we're still learning the new terminology, reads, checks, etc in Kellen's offense.  Me and the guys are going to hit the film room hard and we will be ready to go for training camp."  Same informations, but there is an acknowledgement that he needs to be better, and there is a plan to correct those issues.  That's what good leaders do.  Don't give the media anything to run with and fall on the sword when the occasion falls for it.

13 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Hurts could have re-framed his answer and basically given the same information and the response from the media and fans would have been completely different. 

BS! Another reason for his inability to appease the masses, 100% would of occured. 

It's O-T- MF- A's and everyone is complaining because things aren't perfect? Doesn't look like a well oiled machine  3-4 months after a new staff was hired? , Color me shocked! 

IF these same things are being said and repeated during TC and the 1st month of the season? By all means , jump down his 💩!!

Voluntary OTA's? Give me a GD break!

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

You seem to feel some kind of way about this.  Nobody wants to hear excuses from Hurts, Sirianni, or anyone else on this team after having one of the worst collapses in franchise history.  Hurts played poorly in OTA's and mini camp and fans don't want to hear their franchise QB making excuses for why he doesn't look sharp.  They're looking for a bit of humility and a plan of correction.  Hurts could have re-framed his answer and basically given the same information and the response from the media and fans would have been completely different.  Literally all he has to say was something to the effect of, "We looked sloppy out there, but we're still learning the new terminology, reads, checks, etc in Kellen's offense.  Me and the guys are going to hit the film room hard and we will be ready to go for training camp."  Same informations, but there is an acknowledgement that he needs to be better, and there is a plan to correct those issues.  That's what good leaders do.  Don't give the media anything to run with and fall on the sword when the occasion falls for it.

I believe it goes back to his leadership style...Its not what 90% of people respond to including his teammates. The good thing about leadership though is having it is the most important thing, adapting and changing how you lead is an ever changing evolution. 

Regardless, we know it has to all click this season...Now im not saying Superbowl, Heck I'm not even saying a playoff Win. However I believe the team as a whole needs to show more consistency as a whole including Hurts...

• Like 1

We are focusing on the wrong thing regarding Hurts in here. There's never been a question in his whole career regarding his leadership qualities up to the last few seasons of last year. In fact it was consider one of his strengths.

What we should focusing on and questioning is whether he is capable to take the next step as a passer and be as complete a QB as the team needs him to be to take this team to where it should be. Which is something we know was a big question mark on him coming out. His talent as a pure passer. 

I have some doubts he has the capable on taking exponentially more responsibility on the offense as the Kellen Moore's system needs. 

He's not entirely wrong on the 95% thing though, IIRC Moore's system is more Air Coryell, and we had a high school version of a WCO. That is a massive jump for better or worse.

If Hurts comes out on top from this change, I'd be way more comfortable on him as the FQB of the future. Every scouting report praised his work ethic and being coachable. We'll find out to the extreme in this offseason. We know damn well the Eagles organization isn't the smoothest in handling change. 

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Regardless, we know it has to all click this season...Now im not saying Superbowl, Heck I'm not even saying a playoff Win. However I believe the team as a whole needs to show more consistency as a whole including Hurts...

IMO if this team doesnt win a playoff game then this season is a massive failure, just like last season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

IMO if this team doesnt win a playoff game then this season is a massive failure, just like last season.

So if we look more like the Dallas Cowboys,  then Philadelphia Eagles..., Gotcha!

41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What year 2 player makes the biggest leap?

Moro Ojomo is the correct answer. 

I know he's your pet project, the chosen one but the correct answer better be Tyler Steen. Moro is a rotational back up. Tyler the penciled in Starter at RG.

He fails, is that not a wasted 3rd rd pick? Are we turning to a converted RT in Becton who's never played the position? A rookie Keenan from Michigan?

🤞Tyler Steen 🙏

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Getting #97 was clutch in opening up this possibility 

I think the best optimistic answer is Nolan Smith, not that it’s be hard to improve off last year. If he performs in an expanded role it’ll be huge for money allocation and plans for the next couple years. 

Agree with Nabbs, Steen probably has the easiest path to it.

Ringo, going off camp reports, might be the leader for it right now. If him and Q can be our starting outside corners of the future with DeJean being a moveable interior piece…man that’ll be nice. 

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It would be very nice if we could get another DT without our usual high investments at the position. 

There's several names that are positioned to take said leap, Ringo and Steen as mentioned. It sucks that our 1st rounder is not one of the top candidates. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It sucks that our 1st rounder is not one of the top candidates. 

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think the best optimistic answer is Nolan Smith, not that it’s be hard to improve off last year. If he performs in an expanded role it’ll be huge for money allocation and plans for the next couple years. 

I would of said something similar but didn't want another Nolan sucks montage, let me try and defend saga. 

Steen is who we absolutely need to Step up. Nolan is who I actually expect too. 

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I would of said something similar but didn't want another Nolan sucks montage, let me try and defend saga. 

Steen is who we absolutely need to Step up. Nolan is who I actually expect too. 

No need to defend, they are who they are and if Nolan ends up being good that'd be awesome for all of us.