2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

23 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Probably hyperbole but I don't expect much from DeJean this year. Not that the injury is serious. Just bad vibes along with missing the first 3 weeks of your first training camp is very bad. Feels like he'll be behind the 8 ball all year. Seems like a heady guy though so he has a chance.

I do not see this being an issue at all for him. Could easily still see him starting week 1. I actually expect to see him get more snaps then Mitchell this year. Unfortunately It's going to be a wasted year for Quinyon unless Howie does the smart thing and trades Slay away, but even then its tough to say Whos starting where. 

Slay (Trade/Retire After this Season) / Quinyon (Redshirt Year/Starter Next)
Rodgers (Starter/1 Year Left/High chance to leave FA/Possible Trade) / Ringo (Young / Contract / Possible Starter)
Maddox (Versatility / Always Injured / Cheap Contract) / DeJean (Future/Possible Current Starter / Versatility)

8 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I do not see this being an issue at all for him. Could easily still see him starting week 1. I actually expect to see him get more snaps then Mitchell this year. Unfortunately It's going to be a wasted year for Quinyon unless Howie does the smart thing and trades Slay away, but even then its tough to say Whos starting where. 

That would be a huge mistake. How are we going to trade away the veteran starting CB to start a 2 year CB and a rookie? That would go bad in blink. I'm driving myself mad only imagining that scenario. 

Slay or no, Mitchell has every opportunity to win CB 2 and that is the best situation for any rookie CB. 

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

WTF does trading Slay have to do with Mitchell and playing time? You mean Bradberry?

Please don't tell me you think Slay is stopping Mitchell from playing time? He should be starting "opposite " of who?

Are you suggesting Mitchell and DeJean should both be starting outside as Rookies? Are you suggesting Rodgers should be starting opposite  Mitchell? Bradberry....?

Dumbest 💩 I've heard. Now if you meant Cooper losing playing time opposite of Mitchell "becuase " of Slay, that actually might make sense!!! Be expected but possible. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Slay (Trade/Retire After this Season) / Quinyon (Redshirt Year/Starter Next)
Rodgers (Starter/1 Year Left/High chance to leave FA/Possible Trade) / Ringo (Young / Contract / Possible Starter)
Maddox (Versatility / Always Injured / Cheap Contract) / DeJean (Future/Possible Current Starter / Versatility)

I think they'll find a role for Quinyon even if he's not starting outside. He'll be on the field this year. Coop better get healthy to hop on that starting slot gig once Maddox inevitably gets hurt. Tyler Hall gonna take his job. I would definitely not trade Slay. He's really the only proven quality corner we have.

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

WTF does trading Slay have to do with Mitchell and playing time? You mean Bradberry?

Please don't tell me you think Slay is stopping Mitchell from playing time? He should be starting "opposite " of who?

Are you suggesting Mitchell and DeJean should both be starting outside as Rookies? Are you suggesting Rodgers should be starting opposite  Mitchell? Bradberry....?

Dumbest 💩 I've heard. Now if you meant Cooper losing playing time opposite of Mitchell "becuase " of Slay, that actually might make sense!!! Be expected but possible. 

Bradberry is already pushed out to Safety and benched - No Worries there / Most Likely gone by season start so I dont even count him in anything for Corner or even Safety....

Currently the starting Corners are Slay / Rodgers / Maddox

Slay if hes here is going to be CB1 (Even though he refuses to tackle)

Rodgers Is showing everything this offseason to be CB2 Which puts Quinyon as the backup. 

Maddox is only Slot due to DeJean Injury Currently IMO. 

So Tell me where does Quinyon Fit in there...

Currently barring Injury - Quinyon is going to be CB Backup - Basically will be a redshirt year. 

Slay / Ringo
Rodgers / Quinyon
Maddox / DeJean

30 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Bradberry is already pushed out to Safety and benched - No Worries there / Most Likely gone by season start so I dont even count him in anything for Corner or even Safety....

Currently the starting Corners are Slay / Rodgers / Maddox

Rodgers Is showing everything this offseason to be CB2 Which puts Quinyon as the backup. 

Maddox is only Slot due to DeJean Injury Currently IMO. 

Currently barring Injury - Quinyon is going to be CB Backup - Basically will be a redshirt year. 

Slay / Ringo
Rodgers / Quinyon
Maddox / DeJean

My question is, why would you want to trade the best player from arguably the deepest position group we have? Especially after what we went through last year with this secondary.  Just let it play out.  It's not the worst thing that could happen to us if Rodgers balls out and wins the CB2 job.  Ideally either he or Cooper beats out Maddox and Maddox provides depth at both CB and safety.  Either way we're in a good position at corner.  Leave it alone.  We have bigger worries like dline depth or who is going to be the #3 WR.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Slay is CB1, period. He is that guy. So what you should of said was Isiah Rodgers might be limiting Quinyon snaps, holding him back from seeing the field.

9 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

This was the inherent problem when some wanted Rookie CB drafted after the SB, despite both JB and Slay having All Pro Seasons. The starters were in place. No rookie we could of drafted was beating either out to start the year. 

If Mitchell is not better then Isiah Rodgers or 33 yr old Darius Slay for whatever the reasoning, that's on him. The best 11 will and should start. 

If/when 1 of the 3 slides inside when Avonte undoubtedly gets hurt, so be it. You do not trade CB1 because the CB who was out for the entire 2023 season do to suspension ends up being the CB who stepped up and took Bradberry's spot rather then the 1st rd rookie. 

Way to long of a season with to many injuries that will occur to be worried about who is playing where 1st day of camp.

If Mitchell and or Cooper are the players we all hope they are, they will see the field but not at Slays expense barring Injury but...Rodgers, Maddox, Ringo, Jobe and Browns.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 7/25/2024 at 10:22 AM, Broadway Joe said:

Pretty much what @EagleBlueDon just said. 

I don't understand who or what you're criticizing. Suggesting that Dejean missing 3 weeks of training camp as a rookie might make it more difficult for him to establish himself as a starter early is ridiculous to you or what? I am having trouble understanding why someone can't correctly point that out. Is it that you want to be able to say Dejean is a bust 6 weeks into his rookie season without any rebuttal or?  I am not sure what or who you believe you are exposing with statement. 

I'm amazed how many are okay with a redshirt year...Its the Nolan Smith situation all over again.

Whether its Trading Rodgers or Trading Slay one of them need to get flipped, Even if its right before the trade deadline. 

WR3 - We have enough in house to compete for that
DL Depth I have no issues with as unlike most I am actually high on Nolan Smith/Bryce Huff W. BG/Sweat as depth. 

15 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I'm amazed how many are okay with a redshirt year...Its the Nolan Smith situation all over again.

Whether its Trading Rodgers or Trading Slay one of them need to get flipped, Even if its right before the trade deadline. 

DL Depth I have no issues with as unlike most I am actually high on Nolan Smith/Bryce Huff W. BG/Sweat as depth. 

So you want the Eagles to go into the season with 2 rookie CB's starting in the outside? What can we even realistically expect in return for Slay? Maybe a 3rd round pick? Trading your best corner and arguably best defensive player overall just so the rookies can play at this stage in the off-season doesn't sound like a winning formula for a team with SB aspirations.  Just relax and let it play out.  Having depth is not a bad thing and the kids will have their shot.  Could very easily be Slay-Ringo-Mitchell week 1.  I'd expect Howie to make a move or 2 later in camp once some of these position battles play out.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Like Davis (DT), like Smith (DE) if there are Better Veteran players at the position becuase we are deep at the position, it is what it is. 

As Casper said above. Depth is a good thing. Injury can happen at any time. Mitchell will either Prove he is worthy of Starting or he won't. 

If he can't beat out a 33 yr old Slay (he can't news flash) or a CB coming of a years hiatus 🤔,  you damn sure don't throw him out there just because. The best 11 , will play. Prove you are before being handed the reigns. 

55 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

There's a difference between redshirting because you have players capable of playing at a higher level now, versus redshirting a player because they aren't ready to play the position.

I am going to emphatically say, no one will be complaining about Quinyon 3 years from now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Slay wont be on this team next year so im for sure not trading a younger talent in Rodgers. Also I think people are overrating Slay a bit. I know he blames being injured last year as why he lost a step, so we'll see how he ends up playing this year but I dont think hes a consistent pro bowl level talent anymore and his inability and lack of effort to tackle hurts this defense. Hes on a shorter leash as far as im concerned. 

• Like 2