Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

It doesn't matter how good a player is if he can't stay on the field. 

Except I don’t think he’s ever missed a playoff game, and he was healthy enough last year to start 13 games. He was the best OT in the game when he was in. 

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

F it - you’re right - let’s draft Spencer Rattler and send Dak off for a first and 3rd so we can suck for the next 5years.  While we’re at it, let’s trade DLaw, Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland and Tyler.  We clearly don’t need them and their high cost contracts.  Then let’s trade all our picks this year for future picks and load up on firsts and seconds for 2027

I don’t think all of their cap hits combined equal Daks. 

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don’t think all of their cap hits combined equal Daks. 

Zack, Lamb and DLaw surpass his and the final year is always the most. If we extend he’s likely back down to 40m

Reports are surfacing that we are NOT going to extend Dak and are going to let him play out his contract, absorbing the $59.5M hit this season. If true, this is huge and the absolutely right thing to do. It gets us out from under his thumb and he no longer has contract leverage. Taking it in the shorts for one season is a much smarter move than locking ourselves up for more financial hell and playoff failures for the next 5-6 years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Reports are surfacing that we are NOT going to extend Dak and are going to let him play out his contract, absorbing the $59.5M hit this season. If true, this is huge and the absolutely right thing to do. It gets us out from under his thumb and he no longer has contract leverage. Taking it in the shorts for one season is a much smarter move than locking ourselves up for more financial hell and playoff failures for the next 5-6 years. 

I’m not getting my hopes all worked up. But that is a great thing to read. That would also open the door to him possibly waiving his no trade clause for someone who would want to extend him.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d confidently bet a 3 month salary this isn’t happening.

Dak has sued a woman and her attorneys for extortion, as they've claimed he sexually assaulted her in 2017. The woman is seeking $100M in damages. The article claims that the woman's attorneys sent a letter to Dak's representatives seeking compensation in exchange for not making the charges public. 

While we don't know all the details, the woman's claim does sound questionable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39711522/prescott-response-assault-claims-accuses-woman-plot-extort-100m

• Like 1

I figured Dak’s 60m was #1, but loandbehold it’s not.  Thanks Cleveland :) haha.  Also Cards and Giants paying $50m each for a bottom 15 QB is hillarious.  Things could be worse I guess

Edited by MaddHatter
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:11 PM, TheStarStillShines said:

Dak has sued a woman and her attorneys for extortion, as they've claimed he sexually assaulted her in 2017. The woman is seeking $100M in damages. The article claims that the woman's attorneys sent a letter to Dak's representatives seeking compensation in exchange for not making the charges public. 

While we don't know all the details, the woman's claim does sound questionable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39711522/prescott-response-assault-claims-accuses-woman-plot-extort-100m

That sounds incredibly suspicious. They wanted a payoff to keep quiet? Sounds a bit like extortion, if you ask me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I figured Dak’s 60m was #1, but loandbehold it’s not.  Thanks Cleveland :) haha.  Also Cards and Giants paying $50m each for a bottom 15 QB is hillarious.  Things could be worse I guess

And, the Chargers need to either restructure some of those guys or release them within the next 2 hours to get under the cap.

Edited by plan9misfit

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And, the Chargers need to either restructure some of those guys or release them within the next 2 hours to get under the cap.

Yup - train wreck for them - not sure how you wait this long but they’re doing their best to screw crap up Spanos style

• Like 1

Regardless of anything else, as of 45 minutes from now when the new League year starts, there is no longer any rush to sign Dak to a new extension because we don’t need any big free agency money to sign anybody as they area all ready taken. 

On 3/8/2024 at 11:09 AM, plan9misfit said:

And probably why they didn’t pursue any free agents ( not that they do anyway most of the time )