Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

20 minutes ago, Jerry said:

NYRaider listed your name when I asked him who said the below:

I was told every elite coach in the league would be lining up and begging to coach under AP?

thats made up(As usual)

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Casual Raider fan think they are part of the team. If a guy has a background with the Raider, said he was a Raider fan growing up or has some sort of deemed Raider swag, then they get so hype off that person. 

AP is looks, sounds and acts like he's from Raiders central casting. I've never seen a guy who's done so little in his coaching career have such fever pitch over his prospects as a head coach.

If he doesn't succeed, it will be interesting watching people walk this hiring back. 

All you have to do is scream RAIDERSSS and quote Al Davis and you’re a fan favorite for life here

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

Nah the question was who on here thought AP was the best candidate for the job. To which I replied @bucksavage1 @agarcia34 @ronjon1990 @NCOUGHMAN @Jeremy408

Oh okay.  My response to your post was kind of long.  I was specifically asking about your post.  I know I added more to my response to your post but that was what I wanted to have answered.

I mean everyone here still has the opportunity to respond to that statement as well.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

What does that have to do with the misquote?

He asked who here supported AP as the best candidate iirc you were one of those people. Not a diss just highlight that there were multiple people here that were loving it 

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Oh okay.  My response to your post was kind of long.  I was specifically asking about your post.  I know I added more to my response to your post but that was what I wanted to have answered.

I mean everyone here still has the opportunity to respond to that statement as well.

I can’t imagine that you’d think AP was the best candidate if you weren’t confident in his ability to hire a goated OC

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I hate the uninformed majority.  Just a bunch of casuals who liked that he wore black sneakers and shouted Raiders over and over again.  The guy better succeed.  Because black sneakers and shouting Raiders aren't enough to win games.

That includes the current/former uninformed players that vouched for AP too right? 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Black Air Forces?

in my community we been wearing those when pierce was still playing in the nfl.

I’m not on twitter so I can’t speak on that but I knew this would come up. I could always flip that race dynamic backward and say some just hate pierce because of his race and say if it was bill romo people would think differently. I don’t see race in this I’d support romo too if he did what pierce did.

Whatever you want to do bro.  I'm just saying, I see fans literally applauding the hire and when they're questioned as to why they like the pick, they cite the facts that he wears black air forces, shouts Raiders, and because he's black.  Again, you aren't on Twitter so you really don't understand just how stupid the Raiders Twitter community is.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Casual Raider fan think they are part of the team. If a guy has a background with the Raider, said he was a Raider fan growing up or has some sort of deemed Raider swag, then they get so hype off that person. 

AP is looks, sounds and acts like he's from Raiders central casting. I've never seen a guy who's done so little in his coaching career have such fever pitch over his prospects as a head coach.

If he doesn't succeed, it will be interesting watching people walk this hiring back. 

AP did more in his interim season than JMD did his stint in Denver, yet you supported one and not the other lol maybe if he said more Patriot things and not so much Raiders things you’d buy in 😂

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

That includes the current/former uninformed players that vouched for AP too right? 

I wish they stayed out of the process.  The fact that Crosby felt he had to state that "all options were on the table" if the Raiders didn't hire AP didn't help IMO.  Instead of hiring the best candidate, we hired the best candidate to appease our players and fans.  I don't like that.  I wish we hired the best candidate.  We literally interviewed like two other people who weren't even considered legit candidates and then just put pen to paper with AP.  

So yeah, I wish they stayed out of it and just let Mark Davis and whoever he hired as GM were the ones to decide our HC.  Not the fans.  There have been plenty of HCs that players wanted to be retained that didn't work out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

AP did more in his interim season than JMD did his stint in Denver, yet you supported one and not the other lol maybe if he said more Patriot things and not so much Raiders things you’d buy in 😂

For the record, I'm happy with the hire.  I like the guy.  Totally rooting for him.  Way more than McDaniels.

But at the end of the day, I feel like we settled for getting onto first base instead of going for the home run hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

For the record, I'm happy with the hire.  I like the guy.  Totally rooting for him.  Way more than McDaniels.

But at the end of the day, I feel like we settled for getting onto first base instead of going for the home run hit.

Only thing I didn’t like about the hire was they didn’t do the full process, so that’s valid. I wish they gave him a real opportunity to show his plan and vision and compare it to his peers and go with the best choice. 

They should’ve hired a GM and then did the coaching search with AP having first dibs. 

• Like 3