Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

In the old days when you could give them enough practice to develop them, sure.  I have zero confidence you could develop a 3rd QB in less than 4-5 years

I've watched all his cutups...I don't think he's too far away.

Just now, armsteeld said:

I've watched all his cutups...I don't think he's too far away.

His accuracy is awful.  I have not looked into his processing.  i have heard that he is a one read and then trouble QB.  You want to take him in the 6th?  Sure.  I will not argue but Leary from Kentucky looked way better in the drills.  I would need to watch his film.

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Xavier Worthy, combine record 4.21 official. 

Watched the tape, and by that I mean the highlights, and he seldom was given the ball on an opportunity on top of the defense, whether it was a scheme or quarterback specific weakness. He does well underneath and on punts, seems to have instincts that are more than just speed. Interesting, may end up a better pro…

Edited by rlon

A very big if! 

We address enough needs in free agency and mcconnky falls to our 2nd, he makes dj  very expendable and does what no other wr does on our roster.  He gets open.  I'll make my bold claim now lol

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

Shazier never took on blocks.  Behind Hampton, he and Farrior flowed to the ball.  Look at the amount of TFL that Shazier had in his final year at OSU.  It is amazing.  He was playing WLB but still.

Think you're getting you players crossed up. Hampton (retired 2012) and Farrior (2011) both long gone before Shazier was drafted. Timmons and Shazier behind umm Steve McClendon for the 3 years Shazier played. Shazier only played in 9 games and started 5 in 2014. Then played 12 games each over the next 3 seasons up to the time of the injury.

He backtracked a lot as well at OSU, to my recollection he had as many TDF (tackles down field) as he did TFLs probably. He cut, slashed and evaded at OSU.  Im not trying to spit on his grave, i just wasn't a fan of his coming out. He wasn't my kind of linebacker. 2014 is the year I transferred my site over to the new format so I don't have all my notes from that year unfortunately. He didn't disappoint as a Steeler and when he was lost it was felt. Him and Vince were a very good pair I felt. 

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

His accuracy is awful.  I have not looked into his processing.  i have heard that he is a one read and then trouble QB.  You want to take him in the 6th?  Sure.  I will not argue but Leary from Kentucky looked way better in the drills.  I would need to watch his film.

When debating accuracy, I look at the caliber of throws. Milton looked good when his WRs were able to get open and catch the ball. Those guys got blanketed way too often which led to some tough throws into tight coverage. His guys struggled catching the ball with DBs on their shoulder. Milton has NO processing issues. Lazy people look at his stats and think "big arm inaccurate thrower" but watching all his cutups will make you ignore those comments. He goes 3rd round in this draft class for me. His pocket presence and mechanics are solid...I read reports on Joe Milton and I laugh because it's obvious they didn't watch his film.

57 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

When debating accuracy, I look at the caliber of throws. Milton looked good when his WRs were able to get open and catch the ball. Those guys got blanketed way too often which led to some tough throws into tight coverage. His guys struggled catching the ball with DBs on their shoulder. Milton has NO processing issues. Lazy people look at his stats and think "big arm inaccurate thrower" but watching all his cutups will make you ignore those comments. He goes 3rd round in this draft class for me. His pocket presence and mechanics are solid...I read reports on Joe Milton and I laugh because it's obvious they didn't watch his film.

You know who was terribly inaccurate coming into this league? Josh Allen. I never thought he’d be anything, and I was wrong there but it was because I assumed being inaccurate doesn’t get better. It did for Josh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rlon said:

You know who was terribly inaccurate coming into this league? Josh Allen. I never thought he’d be anything, and I was wrong there but it was because I assumed being inaccurate doesn’t get better. It did for Josh.

Look at their size, completion %, pass attempts, completions, TDs, interceptions, passing yards, etc... they are almost identical. It's creepy how statistically close they are plus both were vertical throwers who had issues throwing short-intermediate passes. 

Brenden Rice, Jerry's son, is someone that will thrive in the NFL. His ability to gain separation on deep throws is special. Along with Rome, Brenden is one of the better combat catchers in this draft class. His ability to play through contact is top notch as he has unbelievable core strength. He also has the ability to play ST as a Punt Returner. There were so seriously fast guys but my eyes are on Rice, Cowing, Washington, and Leggete.