Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn't be too upset about that. Muth is a fan favorite, but I feel like his upside is limited due to health and his blocking deficiencies. 

Here’s the way I’m thinking about it.  I think we can get a 3rd for him, especially since this draft class is kinda thin at TE outside of Bowers and Sanders.  Now personally here’s what I think: if Indy misses out on Bowers, we should be on the phone with them ASAP convincing them they should send us their 3rd for Muth.  Dallas and Tampa would be my other two calls.

What I like about that is if you really think moving up for Rome Odunze is the right thing, you use that 3rd with 20 and 2025 1st to go get him and you kept your third.  I I’m highly intrigued by the idea of using our 121 pick to move up a little in the 2nd round this year, so getting an extra 3rd could offset that to a degree too.

55 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Here’s the way I’m thinking about it.  I think we can get a 3rd for him, especially since this draft class is kinda thin at TE outside of Bowers and Sanders.  Now personally here’s what I think: if Indy misses out on Bowers, we should be on the phone with them ASAP convincing them they should send us their 3rd for Muth.  Dallas and Tampa would be my other two calls.

What I like about that is if you really think moving up for Rome Odunze is the right thing, you use that 3rd with 20 and 2025 1st to go get him and you kept your third.  I I’m highly intrigued by the idea of using our 121 pick to move up a little in the 2nd round this year, so getting an extra 3rd could offset that to a degree too.

I don’t want to give up 2 1sts for a WR

::EDIT:: especially if we don’t have our QB situation figured out. Gotta keep enough ammo if we need to trade up next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t want to give up 2 1sts for a WR

::EDIT:: especially if we don’t have our QB situation figured out. Gotta keep enough ammo if we need to trade up next year.

Next years QB class is cruddy. 

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

Josh Allen is a unicorn. He was able to fix his mechanics in one offseason and for the most part, it has stuck.   How many QBs correct their mechanics and do well?  If you really believe that then you would be talking 1st round for Milton.

Josh Allen also didnt look anywhere near as bad as Milton does with his game. Josh was inaccurate but it was on things like outs and stuff like that. Milton struggles with simple / basic things regularly. When I first saw this I thought you guys were talking about Drake Maye as I hear Allen brought up when they talk about him. Maye has nowhere near the arm Allen has that is a big difference there. Milton needs all kind of work. It is possible you could turn him into something as a 3-4 year project like Jordan Love plan but relying on him for anything the next couple years for anything is not a luxury any HC or GM could afford. 

Seems like Indy would be a perfect fit for him to backup and develop as #3 behind AR and whoever. 

If you could punt with your arm Milton would be an interesting weapon. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Sounds like after workouts yesterday people are coming back to earth on the C’s and G’ in the draft. 

IOL are always under valued.  This was not a great OG class.  We had three tier 1 centers based on tape.  Powers-Johnson did not work out.  Frazier is still recovering from a broken leg.  Van Pran did what I expected.  Nugent did better than I thought. Bortolini did better than I thought but still a day 3 pick

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

IOL are always under valued.  This was not a great OG class.  We had three tier 1 centers based on tape.  Powers-Johnson did not work out.  Frazier is still recovering from a broken leg.  Van Pran did what I expected.  Nugent did better than I thought. Bortolini did better than I thought but still a day 3 pick

I like Bortolini on day 3…

15 hours ago, jebrick said:

I initially liked what I saw from Nugent on tape back when I first started browsing. I havent done much work on him I believe because I didn't think he was powerful enough or had enough sand in his pants, but I think everything else was pretty good. 

If Xavier Worthy is too skinny why did he have a better broken-tackle rate than 6’3”/212 Rome Odunze? (31 broken tackles on 196 receptions vs 33 broken tackles on 212 receptions) Why did he average more YAC/reception than 6’0/200 Malik Nabers? (7.3 vs 6.6 YAC/reception)

The Steelers would be doing themselves a favor if they use free agency to reduce their significant draft needs to OL, WR, and CB. These are the strongest areas of this draft. This means focusing on and accomplishing the signing free agents at safety, defensive line, and linebacker (basically all three levels of the defense with starter capable veterans). Outside of the strongest areas of this draft, they would be selecting rookies for depth later in the draft, and I think that would be ideal. 

• Like 1