Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

2 hours ago, AFF said:

I said he’s my dark horse pick for the Steelers at 20 a week or 2 ago…just a hunch.

If he can play center, he's a good pick. Also, wary of position changes at RD 1.

4 hours ago, mwalker said:

If he can play center, he's a good pick. Also, wary of position changes at RD 1.

I wonder how teams are viewing him compared to a guy like Skoronski last year. Skoronski had 32.25 inch arms last year and Barton 32.87. Both college OTs converting to IOL but Barton tested better and has slightly better size. 

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wonder how teams are viewing him compared to a guy like Skoronski last year. Skoronski had 32.25 inch arms last year and Barton 32.87. Both college OTs converting to IOL but Barton tested better and has slightly better size. 

With Barton, Alan Saunders made a good trade option of 20+51 for 27+35 from Arizona. That can get you Barton/JPJ/Frazier (35 for the last). 

Per Mike Defabi

Former USC WR Tahj Washington is planning to come to Pittsburgh for a Top 30 visit, per source. 

At 5-10, 174 pounds, he's a good route-running slot many see as a Day 3 prospect. Willing blocker/ great toughness, which adds value on ST, especially with the new kickoff rules.

23 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Per Mike Defabi

Former USC WR Tahj Washington is planning to come to Pittsburgh for a Top 30 visit, per source. 

At 5-10, 174 pounds, he's a good route-running slot many see as a Day 3 prospect. Willing blocker/ great toughness, which adds value on ST, especially with the new kickoff rules.

Unless they’re looking for ST help, or drastically changing Smiths offense I don’t understand our plan at WR. Seems we’re assembling a team based on a #1 WR and a bunch of slot guys. The need for a #2 is real need and Corley is the only one I remember us talking to. 

• Like 2

Is there any chance Fuaga drops down to 20, being the prototypical RT, rather than LT??  Or, lets say he drops to 14...how would you all feel if we traded up for him??  If not 14, how about 16??  17??

I guess it would depend if Latham and/or Mims were still there, and/or how much higher of a grade they see Fuaga having over those two...

33 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Is there any chance Fuaga drops down to 20, being the prototypical RT, rather than LT??  Or, lets say he drops to 14...how would you all feel if we traded up for him??  If not 14, how about 16??  17??

I guess it would depend if Latham and/or Mims were still there, and/or how much higher of a grade they see Fuaga having over those two...

Not trading up for a RT but I’ll trade back for one. 

46 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not trading up for a RT but I’ll trade back for one. 

Yeah, I guess the same reasoning as to why he might drop; How high is too high for a RT?  Even if he's really the best 'plug and play' option at that position.

Not that it would happen, but I wonder who Khan would choose between Fuaga and Barton.  As our depth chart is currently constructed, OC is obviously the greater need, but is Barton BPA?? Is RT of higher importance, in general, than OC?  All these things would need to be considered.  

I think we are high enough up at 20, to reasonably expect one of Latham or Mims/Barton to be available at 20, but I also expect that there will be one prospect that is currently being 'drafted' in most mocks, in the top 15, that will fall to 20, and will be interesting to see what Khan does.  Does he go BPA period, or just BPA at a position of need...

4 X QB - Williams, Maye, Daniels, McCarthy

3 X WR - MH Jr, Nabers, Odunze

5 x OL - Fashanu, Fuaga, Alt, Latham, Fautanu

1 x TE - Bowers

1 x DT - Murphy II

2 x DB - Arnold, Mitchell

3 x Edge - Verse, Latu, Turner

There is 19, right there...

Guys who might be selected in place of one of these??  Chop Robinson, Mims, Barton, Brian Thomas, and while unlikely, if there is a team who wants the best off-ball LB, or Safety, it's possible Cooper, or DeJean, respectively, could go before us.  It's also possible a team reaches for Nix or Penix, but doubtful.

But I think, at worst, we have Mims, Barton, and Thomas to choose from, if we sit at 20.

Edited by Ward4HOF
  • Like 2