Free Agency 2024

59 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

That takes a lot of nerve on the part of the Texans.  Hunter was supposed to be a Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Haha.  Seriously though, good luck with him.  As a fan of a rival NFC North team that had to play the Vikings twice a year, I can tell you that Hunter is a total beast. 

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Tre'Davious White on a one year prove it deal?

I'd bet on Xavien Howard on that same 1yr deal. Has the height and weight Demeco likes and is a Houston kid. 30 but is younger than Steven Nelson by a year. Would allow you do develop Okudah. 

@LORK88hearing anything in general?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

I'd bet on Xavien Howard on that same 1yr deal. Has the height and weight Demeco likes and is a Houston kid. 30 but is younger than Steven Nelson by a year. Would allow you do develop Okudah. 

I like White more on a “must-win now” team if you believe our window is open. Okudah isn’t enough to replace Nelson imo, he was really, really solid last year and one of the most important defensive pieces we had. 

Lets see what day 3 brings.

58 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

People seem to forget that okudah is possibly the biggest CB bust in draft history. 

I doubt people have expectations for Okudah at this point in his career.  

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

Nothing yet on additional targets, I know we view Okudah as a starter though. Could bring someone else is, but feel fine enough if he's our #2. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Nothing yet on additional targets, I know we view Okudah as a starter though. Could bring someone else is, but feel fine enough if he's our #2. 

Just from watching his highlights from last year, and considering Demeco's "magic touch," I think Okudah could be a pleasant surprise. He's obviously got the tools, the length, speed, quickness, etc. I think if the coaches are able to pare down what is being asked of him, as well as pairing him up with a guy like Stingley who will probably push him, I won't be surprised if he has a career year and rejuvenates his career from this point out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

I think this speaks to the arrogance problem that the Shannahan coaching tree has always struggled with. He is not gonna hold up to having a lock down corner opposite of him. If Stingley wasn’t so good, I wouldn’t be so worried but with every game plan attacking Okudah, it’s gonna get ugly.