Free Agency 2024

5 minutes ago, Blaze said:

And Texans still have 2 2nds this year? They stole Diggs. Caserio really does have a plan A,B then C.

Yea, so we basically traded the 23rd pick for Diggs, a 2nd, 5th and 6th?

We’re moving into the big league boys, the Texans have never been a player like this. It’s like we finally have some edge to us

48 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Looks like they REALLY wanted him gone

Man that big drop against the Chiefs must of soured their relationship. That and all the whining. Diggs and AJ Brown are the 2 biggest sideline divas in the league, but at least CJ has a very calm demeanor to him. 

Plus Diggs has never had other weapons beside him as good as this. This is gonna be a fun season 

• Like 1

So we traded pick 23 for pick 42 and Diggs?

idk, I guess we are set at WR. We probably cut woods and save the 5 million we can save on him. I guess this is a good thing, but it could also be a wash. Might have been a better idea to just stay at 23 and draft a young WR. 

Diggs is probably gonna get a new deal, but then again he might not, he would probably want more money. It will be interesting to see what we do with it. 

I wonder what this signals about Nico. We only have 1 ball to throw around and with Diggs, Nico and Schultz, there isnt going to be much room left for Dell.

Diggs is sitting at 30 years old, which means hes got 3-4 more years max to put up 1,000 yard seasons. 

Right now his deal is basically 3/56 with no guarantees. I wonder if he would take a 3/45 restructure with 30 million guaranteed or something like that. That would be a reasonable deal. Or he could play out this year and then hold out for some crazy 3/60 with 45 guaranteed. 

We got a 2024 6th and a 2025 5th in the deal. Those aren't usually much more than ST depth, but they do help move up and down the draft board in rounds 2-4

We now have 

2 picks in round 2

1 pick in round 3

2 picks in round 4

2 picks in round 6

2 picks in round 7

When Brown, Metchie and Woods are potentially your 4th, 5th and 6th options, its a far cry from the years we didnt even have 2 WRs on the roster for some games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Texans really only have 3 weaknesses and two can be solved in the 2nd round. Starting DT, LB, CB.

Assuredly you get depth in the draft this year. 

You can add safety too.  This season is make or break for Jalen Pitre.  Not sure if we can count on Jimmy Ward for a full season either. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Texans really only have 3 weaknesses and two can be solved in the 2nd round. Starting DT, LB, CB.

Assuredly you get depth in the draft this year. 

The scary part is I think we feel good about CBs now that we’ve signed two draft busts 

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

You can add safety too.  This season is make or break for Jalen Pitre.  Not sure if we can count on Jimmy Ward for a full season either. 

I’d like to resign Amos to a cheap 1 year deal. He was decent for us last year after we got him 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’d like to resign Amos to a cheap 1 year deal. He was decent for us last year after we got him 

I'd see if you can 1yr deal Q Diggs or Simmons first. You could really Swiss army knife Pitre which I think is his ceiling. 

• Like 2