49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I doubt MLF is going to throw his kicker under the bus to the media but if I were Carlson I'd be damn worried.  That assessment by his HC is about as damning as he would make publicly.  I suppose they hoped he would get better as the season progressed but it never happened.  This is why you don't squander valuable draft picks on kickers.  It wouldn't hurt to find another long snapper too.

Carlson lined up for a kick and the broadcast team mentioned a quote from MLF where he said “any time we’re about to kick a field goal, all I can do is pray” - that’s probably the harshest phrasing I can imagine MLF confiding in the media. 

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not only that but most of his sacks came in two games. He had 6 in two games and 3 in the other 15. The worst part of it all is somehow this guy is getting paid more than Maxx Crosby when he's half the player he is.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Still don't know why we paid him so damn much.

I wasn’t a fan when we drafted him, but I really thought he was a successful development project who turned a corner. Then he went on a milk carton for most of the year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Not only that but most of his sacks came in two games. He had 6 in two games and 3 in the other 15. The worst part of it all is somehow this guy is getting paid more than Maxx Crosby when he's half the player he is.

I'm hoping he just kind of had tired legs this season in the first year off of an ACL tear.  He was never given a huge amount of snaps with regularity.  The Packers are clearly going to expecting more from him next season.  It takes time to get back to 100 percent after that kind of injury.  I think he's also been listed on the injury reports lately with (knee).  Might have another injury we don't know much about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

You guys realize we still lose this game if Carlson makes that kick, right?  

OT is a coin flip and a puncher's chance, though momentum may not have been kind to us.