2024 off-season talk

jcvoodoo

On 6/25/2024 at 12:33 AM, JMG5 said:

Really curious to see who starts along the offensive line.

Me too. AND, I'm wearing my optimist hat right now. I honestly think the offense situation last season(s) (Carmichael without Payton & Brees) may have gotten into the heads of the entire offense. Focus was ridiculously low, making silly mistakes, missing assignments, poor route running etc... I honestly believe that with a breath of fresh air, this team can pull it together and fool a good many people.

To pile on, I think we'll see Carr as a top 7 QB this year. Laugh if you want, but that's what I want to see. Just need the O-line to keep him clean.

21 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Me too. AND, I'm wearing my optimist hat right now. I honestly think the offense situation last season(s) (Carmichael without Payton & Brees) may have gotten into the heads of the entire offense. Focus was ridiculously low, making silly mistakes, missing assignments, poor route running etc... I honestly believe that with a breath of fresh air, this team can pull it together and fool a good many people.

To pile on, I think we'll see Carr as a top 7 QB this year. Laugh if you want, but that's what I want to see. Just need the O-line to keep him clean.

I don't think it's too crazy.  Carr has the ability, we've seen it in the past, just whether he can pull it together for a full season again will determine how this year goes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The fact he's been on the market for so long is a little concerning.  His price is probably rather high so I wonder if we might be trying to do a 1 year deal with him or some sort of high guarantee/back loaded deal so we can get through the next few years of cap tightness as the cap continues to increase.

We have over $14 million in cap space right now. Simmons likely will cost between $5-$10 million on a 1 year deal, otherwise the front office could get creative on a multi year deal.

Having arguably 2 top 5 safety’s in the NFL pair together with our excellent CB depth would make for an insanely good secondary. On paper would probably be the best secondary in Saints history. I’m all for it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten to watch much pre-season ball, but I did see the first half of the 49ers game.

Carr looked good, and you can definitely see that Kubiak's offense is going to take him some getting used to. I was also surprised to see some of the roster locks playing so long, and running actual plays, not just the typical pre-season vanilla bs.

Our O-line looked shaky, even against their...patchwork D-line, so I'll be keeping my eyes on that potential issue.

Our D looked pretty good against their O... without their big stars playing, other than Purdy.

One more game left, then bring on the real ball!!

Curious to see if my man Spencer Rattler is named QB #2. He looked better than Haener and made some real nice throws (and runs) during preseason. Still can't believe we got Rattler in the 5th round. Such a steal for us. 

10 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Looks like he will start the season on IR

Makings of one of those guys who has a career that never even gets started because of constant injuries. Out of the league in 3 years.

12 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Makings of one of those guys who has a career that never even gets started because of constant injuries. Out of the league in 3 years.

Yeah, and what a bummer that is. 
This isn't an easy sport, and it's getting so much more difficult with adding games, but some bodies are just not cut out for the punishment.