New DC Candidates - Eric Washington Hired

Madmike90

he's the first known interview for DC, right? i couldn't think of anyone else brought in.

i do like this move. he obviously has familiarity with the scheme from his playing days and has been seen as an up-and-comer in coaching

Looks like we want to help the DL develop with some of these interviews...makes a ton of sense given this scheme...

Bring Chris Harris in as a defensive pass game coordinator to help and learn from Jon Hoke

The hire a great DL coach as your DC...Washington not only makes a ton of sense but would also give us the inside track on a lot of good FA DL like A.J Epenesa, Leonard Floyd, Shaq Lawson, Jordan Phillips, DaQuan Jones, Linval Joseph, Tim Settle & Poona Ford who would all be solid additions to the rotation.

Even if we could get some one in as a run game coordinator as well...expanding this coaching staff would be the best thing we could do for Flus this offseason.

• Like 1

Hire Belichik to be DC.

He might like not having HC duties and have some fun.  Or even Pete Carroll or Vrabel.

Can you imagine?  How crazy would that be to have a legendary coach as your assist.  I would totally make the offer.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Hire Belichik to be DC.

He might like not having HC duties and have some fun.  Or even Pete Carroll or Vrabel.

Can you imagine?  How crazy would that be to have a legendary coach as your assist.  I would totally make the offer.

Bill might take a full page out in the Tribune to tell you to "**** off"   lol

Totally worth it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Dang.  Just came here to post this same news.  Wonder if Barry is any good?  Just going to open up the Packers forum in another tab to see how they.... OH LORD

He seems like an outstanding LB coach...just a terrible DC...

The really bad news...he is married to Rod Marinelli's daughter so has a clear in with Flus.

I guess for me I just wouldn't understand the hire of Barry other than it's his mentors son-in-law...

Flus specializes in coaching LBs

Borgonzi is Flus' top lieutenant and is our LB coach

So why bring in a guy who specializes in coaching LBs? Makes no sense  

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I guess for me I just wouldn't understand the hire of Barry other than it's his mentors son-in-law...

Could the "interview for DC" but the solid?
Everyone else looking at him as a LB coach, you brining him in for a chat and call it for "DC" and it keeps his name in that pot alittle longer?