Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

End of Year NFC Power Rankings:

1. 49ers
  2. Lions
  3. Cowboys
  4. Packers
  5. Rams

I'm very interested to see who Campbell hires as his next OC after Johnson goes to the Commanders later this week. Their success next season hinges on that hire. The Lions could be the next Eagles if they don't nail this hire. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

How mad was Ruiz? Haven’t listened to it

Honestly, the funny part about Ruiz is that when Purdy is bad / uneven, he's not as in your face about it. 

Truthfully, if I had to hazard a guess, I think that Ruiz has less an issue with Purdy's play than he does all the attention his play gets. I think he feels its unwarranted and thus has to push back against it. 

Some underrated players/plays that might have gotten lost in the shuffle

-Kittle had a nice block on Hutch. TE blocking a premier young DE

-Elijah Mitchell coming in with no carries since week 18, he comes in and immediately scores a TD, then takes 3 end of game carries and holds onto the ball while the Lions kept trying to rip the ball out of his hand 

-Moody made 6/7 kicks - 4 XP & 2 FG (33, 43). Major props to clearly have nerves, miss a kick, and shake it off and make 6 in a row, even if they shouldn't have been difficult

-Juice made some clutch plays, not just the toe tapper on the sideline, but he had a big play on a off schedule pass in the 1st quarter

-Last but not least, Jennings insane 3rd catch on our 1st down third drive. We ended up kicking a FG, but we made it a more manageable FG attempt for Moody and getting any points was vital to turn it to a 2 score game. He just keeps making plays and has elevated his play in the postseason

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NinersFan4Life said:

Man I love kittle. Just always keeps up the positivity. What he said to Purdy is awesome, I really hope we get Kittle a ring before he retires.

Lets get him a ring on Feb 11th, 2024!

• Like 5

After going into the locker room at halftime with a 24-7 deficit and sloppy play on both sides of the ball, the 49ers locked in for a dominant second half. Brock Purdy, who only completed seven of his 15 attempts for 93 yards and an interception in the first half, was lights out in the second, causing havoc for the Lions' defense with his legs as well as through the air.

The quarterback’s 72.4 overall grade for the game was a result of his second-half performance, completing 13 of his 16 attempts for 174 yards, one touchdown and a 132.8 passer rating. Purdy’s running ability also was game changer.

All three of Purdy’s scrambles for 52 total yards resulted in a first down, and 33 of his 48 rushing yards came after contact (minus-4 yards for two kneel downs). The Iowa State product’s only game with more total yards rushing in his NFL career came against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 8, when he rushed for 57 total yards.

Purdy’s 10.0-yard average depth of target was his second-highest of the 2023 NFL season, with his career high coming in Week 15 against the Arizona Cardinals when he hit a whopping 13.5-yard average.

The 49ers quarterback was under pressure on 15 of his 36 dropbacks, or 41.7 percent -- seven of 15 in the first half and eight of 21 in the second half.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/pff-grades-brock-purdy-lions/1697170/

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, the decision and ball placement looks a lot better from Purdy from the all-22. When he let it go, that's definitely where the coverage is asking the ball to go. Maybe you can throw it a little more across the field, but it is actually deadass the right decision and not bad ball placement. Sometimes things happen while the ball is in the air.

• Like 2