2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

Just now, seminoles1 said:

He was alone out there, but he was so indecisive. Monken called a weird game against the constant blitz, but Lamar just didn't want to run. And when he did run, he waited 2 seconds too long and a should have been 10+ yarder was instead a 5 yarder.

It all started with that first 20+ yard run where Lamar should've housed it but...didn't??? 

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Chiefs fans, Dave Merritt, talk to me about him. I’m intrigued with him as a future DC.

You leave Dave Merritt alone.

I'll give you Connor Embree instead. Best I can do.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar played bad.

Ravens refused to run the ball all night (6 rushing attempts I think)

Zay Flowers fumble on the 1 yard line recovered in the end zone.

Lamar INT into triple coverage when they were in FG range.

Just an overall poop sandwich by the offense.

Ravens played like they were down 20 most of the game. I know they have their share of comebacks but it's much harder to play from behind especially as a run first oriented team.

They didn't have to alter their normal gameplan. Not sure why they did. It just exposes yourself in certain areas.

I blame this loss on coaching. Sure calls could have went different and there were mistakes made but it wasn't more than they could overcome if they were playing their normal offense.

Lamar doesn't need to prove anything. He just needs to play like Lamar.

• Like 1

Just now, Soggust said:

I thought you jinxed us, but ill take it lol

We had 

@iknowcool this guy is death breh. He’s that guy from Marvel that everything dies when he passes by. Holy f I could have made millions off him. I made 400 cuz I was hesitant. 

can we get pick a Niners pick? 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It all started with that first 20+ yard run where Lamar should've housed it but...didn't??? 

That was weird, wasn't it? Like, Sneed is a great tackler, good athlete. He can not keep up with Lamar if he just full sprints.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Todd Monken absolutely crapped he bed today. I expected some adjustments at halftime but we got none. No attempt to come out and run the ball or throw quick passes to counter all the blitzing.

I'm just speechless.

He did. Sometime in the 1st half i think in the first quarter i said i wasnt a fan of the playcalls/ gameplan.

6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I just caught the last bit of this game. Anyone want to give be a quick breakdown of what happened, if TO's were the deciding factor etc..... 

KC 17
BALT 10

1st Quarter:
BALT has a punt and a TD
KC has a TD

2nd Quarter:
BALT has a fumble and two punts
KC has a TD, a FG, a punt, and a TO on downs

3rd Quarter:
BALT has two punts
KC has three punts

4th Quarter:
BALT has a fumble, an INT, and a field goal
KC has two punts and kneels down to run out the clock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that was weird. I've been there, you think you can handle business instead of sprinting but in a big game suck it up and sprint.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, that was so strange. He had nothing but open field, but fumbled around with the ball, which slowed him down, he tried to stuff arm, then just stopped running to cut back in field towards more defenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Between Kurt Warner in 1999 and Patrick Mahomes last year, no MVP won the Super Bowl. 

Brady made it in 07 and 17. Peyton Manning made it in 09 and 13. Kurt Warner made it again in 2001. Rich Gannon made it in 2002. Cam Newton made it in 15. Matt Ryan made it in 16. 

It's like a consolation prize at this point.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And y'all blitzed and Monken was like "Better have Lamar do a 5 step drop from shotgun and target Nelson Agholor"

like ?????

I thought Likely should've been the real threat, here. With Gay out we only had one LB who can actually cover, hence why those flat routes to the RBs worked so well on that one drive. Only target I really remember for Likely was the pick.

Weird gameplan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ravens played like they were down 20 most of the game. I know they have their share of comebacks but it's much harder to play from behind especially as a run first oriented team.

They didn't have to alter their normal gameplan. Not sure why they did. It just exposes yourself in certain areas.

I blame this loss on coaching. Sure calls could have went different and there were mistakes made but it wasn't more than they could overcome if they were playing their normal offense.

Lamar doesn't need to prove anything. He just needs to play like Lamar.

I whole heartedly agree with you, which is weird because Monken has repeatedly shown to NOT abandon the identity as games go on, especially in the 2nd half...until today.

Today he went full Greg Roman and just abandoned what makes this team dangerous and decided to just kind of play Madden. I don't get it.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

That was weird, wasn't it? Like, Sneed is a great tackler, good athlete. He can not keep up with Lamar if he just full sprints.

Yeah idk what Lamar was doing. Was more concerned with hand fighting than actually sprinting.

Just now, Sad People said:

He did. Sometime in the 1st half i think in the first quarter i said i wasnt a fan of the playcalls/ gameplan.

And normally we adjust at half-time. But nope, not today.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Lamar and Flowers were the only people that showed up for the Ravens offense, and Flowers sometimes showed up in ways he shouldn't. Lamar is the only reason the Ravens scored a single point today.

Its a weird game forsure. Everything you said is completely true but you can also argue that those 2 players ( i lean more towards Flowers not Lamar) cost them that game as well.