2024 Conference Championship @ Baltimore

I would not plan on Thuney this week. The real loser in this is Donovan Smith. Allegretti is solid for his position but I would not count on him to help the LT.

That said, we have a seasoned OL intact. Allegretti has been there and done that. If the game plan is power running up the middle again, NA can do his part. When it comes to pass-pro, Smith will be on an island.

We have the tools to play sledgehammer football. Mahomes is ideal for the play-action game. If MVS is catching passes, this offense is dangerous again.

Oh, yeah. The Defense has been shutting down elite WR all year. Just sayin'.

Not sure how I feel about this one. This one is different because we really haven't played Baltimore all that much lately. Feels like every other team we've been running up against has been a pretty regular opponent or an in-season rematch. But we haven't played Balt since 2021, and that was the CEH fumble game. But both defenses have improved dramatically since then. I don't think we get a 36-35 outcome again. That was Daniel Sorensen, Ben Niemann, and Anthony Hitchens trying to tackle Lamar Jackson. Oof.

3 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I think our back 7 win us this game especially if Willie can play and spy Lamar. I don’t think Lamar is a horrible thrower but you have to be a great thrower to beat those guys.

I think the game plan against the Ravens will be similar to the Superbowl verus the Eagles; where Spags will look to limit the run versus Baltimore and make Lamar have to make great throws and have the Ravens WRs beat our corners. Granted that superbowl, Hurts played a phenomenal game, made fantastic throws, and have better wideouts I think the defense will be up to the task with how Sneed and McDuffie has played this year. I was watching the Bills game and Spags game plan was too limit the big plays the Bills were capable of which conceded to the run and all the behind the line scrimmage throws.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:59 PM, onejayhawk said:

If MVS is catching passes, this offense is dangerous again.

Forgive me as a Chiefs first, Packers second fan…if this doesn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings.  The guy literally has a “highlight” reel of horribly embarrassing drops…like nobody around him drops.  But was 2 for 2 last week so fingers crossed.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:59 PM, Bullyball said:

I think the game plan against the Ravens will be similar to the Superbowl verus the Eagles; where Spags will look to limit the run versus Baltimore and make Lamar have to make great throws and have the Ravens WRs beat our corners. Granted that superbowl, Hurts played a phenomenal game, made fantastic throws, and have better wideouts I think the defense will be up to the task with how Sneed and McDuffie has played this year. I was watching the Bills game and Spags game plan was too limit the big plays the Bills were capable of which conceded to the run and all the behind the line scrimmage throws.

I think in some aspects we’ll play Lamar like we wanted to play Allen.  If Willie can play he’ll be in Jackson’s hind parts at every opportunity.  When we lost Willie AND Edwards I thought we were screwed but the team covered.  My big concern is we don’t really have a “speed” corner.  Flowers is so quick, we’ll have to limit him and Lamar.  I think both will have moments.  

Of course the other elephant in the room is, can we score TDs rather than FGs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

My big concern is we don’t really have a “speed” corner.  Flowers is so quick, we’ll have to limit him and Lamar.  I think both will have moments.  

Totally agree but we did have a solid game plan for Miami's speed fleet in Reek n Waddle and even the RBs. I hope Spagz is up to task again. We seem to do a solid job of jamming and passing WRs.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Forgive me as a Chiefs first, Packers second fan…if this doesn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings.  The guy literally has a “highlight” reel of horribly embarrassing drops…like nobody around him drops.  But was 2 for 2 last week so fingers crossed.

Two for four but one was showy.

Still, it's about getting the defense to respect the possibilities deep, plus MVS does a solid job with the scut work.

On the subject of catching the ball, the forecast is for rain. Cold rain.

Edited by onejayhawk

Something about having an unmentioned elephant in the room makes me want to comment. Thuney is out so Nick Allegretti will get the start.

There, I said it.

Just a reminder, Allegretti has been here and done this; he's even caught a TD pass. He could start for most of the teams in the league but doesn't because the guys in front of him are nasty. He can play and his teammates know it.

This article has some of the current commentary. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/what_chiefs_players_coaches_are_saying_about_expected_afc_championship_game_starter_nick_allegretti/s1_17313_39875229

With Thuney and Nnadi out those are two of our more important players this week. Justin Madbuike is a beast so he’s gonna need constant doubles to help Allegretti, which leaves Smith alone one on one in pass reps. 

Ravens run that Rock, and while Nnadi hasn’t been exactly good for years, he’s still a better run defender than Dickerson or an old Pennel

Not panicking, but I’m expecting the Ravens to run all day and Pats gonna be running a ton, which he was gonna do anyways