2024 Conference Championship @ Baltimore

I am also concerned about Gay. He would be the spy on Lamar if he was 100%. Now, I'm not sure. Chenal has the speed to do it, he hits harder, and he blitzes very well.

The Ravens lean heavily on the run and will probably game plan centered around it. Lamar is a significant part of that. That said, he's going to be MVP because his throwing improved.

We will see how the weather affects things. The forecast is for heavy rain overnight, a break in the morning, then more rain at game time. If that shifts an hour or two it could make a difference. Either way, it's going to be cold and miserable.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why was Bolton covering Zay Flowers?

Cover 3. Three deep guys were all occupied on routes that were ran deep by design. Bolton had a shallow zone and Zay ran a shallow route. Turned deep when Jackson started moving, and the DB who should've been in that zone had moved off of it to cover (I believe) Andrews.

Zone rules kind of fall apart when the play lasts that long and you're no longer looking at routes, just scramble drill stuff.

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why was Bolton covering Zay Flowers?

With dots now. McDuffie had that deep third. On scramble drill he follows Andrews because he has to. Means the zone is open and no one can take Flowers from Bolton.

Chenal needed to make the play, or the rest of the DL needed to capitalize on Chenal disrupting it to start. Back half did their job, including Bolton. Just can't do that that long.