Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

So we give up everything tonget Daniels, who may or may not bust, and put him behind an O line that will get him killed?

I’m not saying it was the Carr insurance line but isn’t it possible AOC4 made it look worst than it was ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Wow, this post is crazy. Jacobs was an excellent pick that turned out to be the workhorse and engine of our whole offense. He can't be labeled a bad pick in any sense. 

Ruggs was also the correct choice given what the team lacked and needed at that position. Speed. No one could forsee what was to come and Riggs was in his way to becoming a star.

Arnette had the best stats of any CB coming out of that draft. Nobody knew he was a nut job. Thats on him totally not Mayock. 

Leatherwood wasn't given a chance to develop and was cut by another regime purposefully getting rid of the previous regime's players. 

Abram and Ferrell were going for need. That's why they were drafted there. 

I applaud you for having your own take. However, you are literally the 1st person I’ve  ever heard justify or excuse Mayocks 1st round body of work. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

When is that ever a thing? You draft a guy and hope to develop him into your franchise players. Mahomes, Allen, Jackson.... these guys were not guarantees. Far from it in fact. 

You want to make an omelet you're going to have to break some eggs.

No bro. You don't draft on chance. We did that with JaRetard Russell. Look where it got us before. The biggest bust of all time, arguably.

We need to do our due diligence beyond all measure if we're looking to trade up and draft a QB. I'm talking going to insane levels.

Bro, I want to know what Daniels ate for breakfast when he was in the 3rd grade type ish. We need to really research. Find out everything so that another JaRetard scenario never happens to us again. 

If I'm the Raiders and Telesco I'm saying F that noise and sticking with O'Connell and taking BPA at 13.

Edited by PhillyRaider

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I’m not saying it was the Carr insurance line but isn’t it possible AOC4 made it look worst than it was ?

Surprisingly, our o-line isn’t universally considered that bad.  I’ve seen quite a few sites list us just at or outside of the top-10. 

now I disagree with most of those rankings, but it’s not the worst in the league either. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I applaud you for having your own take. However, you are literally the 1st person I’ve  ever heard justify or excuse Mayocks 1st round body of work. 

There was a reason for every one of his picks that was logical. I'm trying to make you see why. For example  everyone criticizes Leatherwood but he won the award for most outstanding offensive lineman in college football that year. That position was a need and he was there and that's why he got picked. 

It's easy to sit back years later and criticize but Mayock was very good. Amik in the 4th too? That's crazy but no one talks about the great things he did.

Edited by PhillyRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

It's easy to sit back years later and criticize but Mayock was very good. Amik in the 4th too? That's crazy but no one talks about the great things he did.

To be fair, those were all criticized in real time during the draft, not just years later. 

As to the 2nd point, big difference between a 1st and 4th rounder.

In the end, sure we can all cope with the decisions that were made and work to justify them. However, simple fact of the matter is that in the end those were the wrong picks. Plain and simple.  Hell, a monkey throwing darts has a better chance to hit at least one of those. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

But I don't understand what that means. 

Are you implying that you should never trade up, and use draft capital, for any prospect who isn't guaranteed? 

For QBs, bro. QB is the most uncertain position to draft. Especially in the 1st round. Look how many got drafted in the last 10 years in the first round that never made it?

It says a lot about how uncertain that position is when the greatest to ever play it was picked in the 6th round doesn't it?

Any other position is drafted with way more certainty but the QB position is a doozy.

22 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

There was a reason for every one of his picks that was logical. I'm trying to make you see why. For example  everyone criticizes Leatherwood but he won the award for most outstanding offensive lineman in college football that year. That position was a need and he was there and that's why he got picked. 

Thats valid. 

4 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Not at all. How is possible that you miss the point of almost every post?

Easy..... your posts have no point outside being contrarian on purpose to flame the board.

Only logical answer, because you can't honestly believe half the trash you're defending. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

To be fair, those were all criticized in real time during the draft, not just years later. 

As to the 2nd point, big difference between a 1st and 4th rounder.

In the end, sure we can all cope with the decisions that were made and work to justify them. However, simple fact of the matter is that in the end those were the wrong picks. Plain and simple.  Hell, a monkey throwing darts has a better chance to hit at least one of those. 

Again, no they weren't. Josh wasn't wrong. Ruggs wasn't wrong. Arnette wasn't wrong. Leatherwood wasn't wrong. 

There was a need for their position. Every one of those picks reflected a need that was addressed. It can't be wrong.