GDT week 15: Browns vs. Ravens

Thomas5737

Who will be MVP of the Raven game?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be MVP of the Raven game?

This game was our season in a nutshell.

Stupid Cueball game plan/play calls.

Kizer suck with only rarely throwing catchable balls to our receivers.

Stupid Cueball timeout-eating challenge.

Kizer suck with multiple turnovers including one that resulted directly in a score.

And all the while the D doing a good enough job for us to win.

41 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I put that fumble 6 entirely on Hue.  It's not Kizer's fault his blindside LT got beat in 0.45 seconds while he's passing out of his endzone.  Kizer's 2 picks were beyond stupid tho.

I have an idea: Let's get rid of them both!

No pressure throws into the dirt, out wide, over throws, and throwing into quadruple coverage have nothing to do with the protection or scheme. He is flat out the most inaccurate QB in the league and that is something that is marginally correctable. His decision making is an absolute abomination to all QBs past, present and future. I don't care if he is a rookie, his age, the WRs or coaching the guy flat out makes the worst decisions we have ever seen. He is Derek Anderson x2. The only thing that keeps him from Jamarcus Russell level bad is his work ethic and not eating 40 mcdoubles every meal. Cannot wait until we cut this bum. I would trade him for Kenny Britt.

8 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Amen.

Add Greg Williams to the list as well.

By some miracle maybe even Jimmy and Dee Haslam.

The defense certainly has its flaws and 10 of the 17 points the Ravens scored off of turnovers could have been lessened but with a capable offense all year this defense would probably look and be looked at a lot different. I'd say overall they have held up their end of the bargain besides limiting damage on possessions where the offense turned it over.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

The defense certainly has its flaws and 10 of the 17 points the Ravens scored off of turnovers could have been lessened but with a capable offense all year this defense would probably look and be looked at a lot different. I'd say overall they have held up their end of the bargain besides limiting damage on possessions where the offense turned it over.

I love the improvement the defense made from last year to this year. I love the hustle and that they keep fighting. I cannot live with the absolute refusal to make adjustments. I love Greg's mentality to defense but he has his scheme and his way or no way. He doesn't not adjust to his own talent and he does not adjust to opponents game plans. He doesn't even make adjustments to schematic flaws from week to week. The Ravens 1st TD of the game was the exact way Green Bay exploited our defense for a score the week before. He clearly cannot be trusted to evolve from week to week or even with in a game.

I say fire every coach except Clyde Simmons and build an entirely new staff around a Sam Darnold and 3 other Top 35 picks and finally get this thing rolling.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I put that fumble 6 entirely on Hue.  It's not Kizer's fault his blindside LT got beat in 0.45 seconds while he's passing out of his endzone.  Kizer's 2 picks were beyond stupid tho.

You can do that if you wish but the fact is that Kizer has very little/no situational awareness.

Trying to figure out how to post a pic of daughter #2 and I laughing about Kizer's poor play.

34 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I love Greg's mentality to defense but he has his scheme and his way or no way. He doesn't not adjust to his own talent and he does not adjust to opponents game plans. He doesn't even make adjustments to schematic flaws from week to week.

You can make the same case for Cueball.

And Dorsey is listening to him to get more of the kind of players he wants?

Oy vey!

38 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You can do that if you wish but the fact is that Kizer has very little/no situational awareness.

Trying to figure out how to post a pic of daughter #2 and I laughing about Kizer's poor play.

The play call lacked situational awareness.  I don't know what Kizer could have done to save that play except grow eyes in the back of his head and spin around back to the left a la Randall Cunningham.  Also not enough blame on Drango for being outright terrible, I understand the expectations are low, but dude c'mon what was that?

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

The play call lacked situational awareness.  I don't know what Kizer could have done to save that play except grow eyes in the back of his head and spin around back to the left a la Randall Cunningham.  Also not enough blame on Drango for being outright terrible, I understand the expectations are low, but dude c'mon what the ef was that?

I am not ruling out the horribleness of the play call.

But this is the 2nd at least time Kizer has not understood a situation that lead to a fumble and 6 points for the other team.

Hell, if he had any awareness at all he could have tucked and taken a safety.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am not ruling out the horribleness of the play call.

But this is the 2nd at least time Kizer has not understood a situation that lead to a fumble and 6 points for the other team.

Hell, if he had any awareness at all he could have tucked and taken a safety.

He didn't even realize he was gonna get hit how is he suppose to tuck it?  And why would he expect his LT to not even block the RDE?  If he held onto the ball forever or if the pressure was in his face I'd see your point but he got blindsided by a guy who, even if Drango did merely a bad job blocking, shouldn't have been there for another 2 seconds.

Archived