GDT week 15: Browns vs. Ravens

Thomas5737

Who will be MVP of the Raven game?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be MVP of the Raven game?

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well there is a difference with on the field and off the field mental issues. His off of the field issues were his big problem. We didn't see much of him on the field, but he looked like he would have been okay. Kizer seems okay off of the field but on the field is a trainwreck.

Definitely true. I remember watching a story on ESPN one morning about how Manziel (when in college) was booted out of the Manning passing camp because he was too hungover when he was supposed to be a counselor, and thinking "what a head case - I hope the Browns never consider taking him". Of course, it being the Browns, look what happened.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Had you not thrown in Kizer, who has probably been about as bad as any QB we've had in terms of production I may not have responded. Kizer isn't light years better than Dennis Northcutt or Kevin Johnson at QB.

He shows up every day and doesn't have a drug habit that is gonna inevitably cost him his career.  That's light years better in my mind.  He wants to be a professional.  His career will be way longer than Johnny's barring injury.

Also not buying Kizer is as bad as his stats this year suggest.  This offense is terrible, a good amount of his picks are arm punts at the end of halves, by the end of these games he's basically trying to win it by himself...I don't think even the biggest detractors here would argue he's gonna flame out like Quinn/Weeden/Manziel.  It's possible though.

Edit: Weeden is still in the league lmaaaooo, that's Kizer's floor imo.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Also not buying Kizer is as bad as his stats this year suggest.  This offense is terrible, a good amount of his picks are arm punts at the end of halves, by the end of these games he's basically trying to win it by himself...I don't think even the biggest detractors here would argue he's gonna flame out like Quinn/Weeden/Manziel.  It's possible though.

Edit: Weeden is still in the league lmaaaooo, that's Kizer's floor imo.

Yeah we must be watching different games. The only Kizer pick that I can remember that was remotely like a punt was the one to Coleman a couple weeks ago after underthrowing an open Gordon in the endzone a few plays prior he underthrew Coleman right before the half on 3rd and long. Was a terrible pass but not a terrible interception because the result was like a punt.

So far Kizer has been a poor man's Weeden. He has a ways to go to get on Weeden's level. They both have good arms and spaz out at times making ridiculous turnovers but Weeden was more accurate.

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Edit: Weeden is still in the league lmaaaooo, that's Kizer's ceiling imo.

fify

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah we must be watching different games. The only Kizer pick that I can remember that was remotely like a punt was the one to Coleman a couple weeks ago after underthrowing an open Gordon in the endzone a few plays prior he underthrew Coleman right before the half on 3rd and long. Was a terrible pass but not a terrible interception because the result was like a punt.

So far Kizer has been a poor man's Weeden. He has a ways to go to get on Weeden's level. They both have good arms and spaz out at times making ridiculous turnovers but Weeden was more accurate.

Kizer is more mobile and has better pocket presence.  Weeden was a human jugs machine in the pocket, Kizer can do some things when the plays break down.

As if it even matters we are drafting a QB #1 as we should.  I don't need to defend Kizer, I don't think he's good, but this offense we run is horse crap as are our receivers and our tackles.  Kizer has the tools to be a competent backup at least.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Kizer is more mobile and has better pocket presence.  Weeden was a human jugs machine in the pocket, Kizer can do some things when the plays break down.

As if it even matters we are drafting a QB #1 as we should.  I don't need to defend Kizer, I don't think he's good, but this offense we run is horse crap as are our receivers and our tackles.  Kizer has the tools to be a competent backup at least.

I think he is at the project stage right now and if all goes well could turn into a solid starter or backup. If I had a contending team I wouldn't want him as my backup currently. You usually just want a guy who won't lose you games which Kizer is still prone to do at this stage. he is at 9 fumbles (6 lost) and 19 interceptions through 12+ games. Basically he gives you 2 turnovers per game and scores just over one TD per game rushing/passing. He has 6 red zone picks, twice as many as #2. Only 2 other AFC QBs have as many as 2. Right now he is just careless with the football, the opposite of what you want in a backup. Maybe someday.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think he is at the project stage right now and if all goes well could turn into a solid starter or backup. If I had a contending team I wouldn't want him as my backup currently. You usually just want a guy who won't lose you games which Kizer is still prone to do at this stage. he is at 9 fumbles (6 lost) and 19 interceptions through 12+ games. Basically he gives you 2 turnovers per game and scores just over one TD per game rushing/passing. He has 6 red zone picks, twice as many as #2. Only 2 other AFC QBs have as many as 2. Right now he is just careless with the football, the opposite of what you want in a backup. Maybe someday.

You are missing the point with Kizer though, he has a howitzer. 

Choosing one of DeShone Kizer, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel is like choosing the way you'd like your fav king in Game Of Thrones to die.

You're desperately searching for a mercy killing, but the only available options are drinking poison, being crossbowed on the toilet or just throwing yourself out of a window.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, Rod Johnson said:

You mean arguably the best Browns QB since the return?  If we kept Derek Anderson as our starter all these years we may as well have been better off.

Not good.  But better off.

Couch was easily the best since coming back. After him yes Anderceptionverde was absolutely the best of the othe piles of pure ****. 

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yep. I’d keep him as the 3rd guy and try to develop him. He’d be perfect in that role. 

Archived