2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Tom Brady isn’t walking thru that door. 

And Joe Flacco can't save you this year... ill admit it will be fun to see Jameis bombing it to BA when Watson inevitably misses the year, whether it's legal or injury related

jameis-winston.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soko said:

Guessing it isn’t a FRP, I don’t think Cleveland trades that away for another WR at this point. And with that assumption in mind, if it were on the table for NE but not on the table for Cleveland, I don’t imagine it’d be up to Aiyuk…

I wonder what else NE is sending, other than picks. WR for WR would make sense but NE isn’t exactly flush there, and virtually the whole starting lineup is either a rookie/sophomore or on a brand new deal. Where else is SF thin/looking for a potential starter? Corner?

Corner looks really good for the niners right now. I'd prefer dt help, maybe edge. 

Josina Anderson says the pats offer hasn't changed. Rumors were they offered 34 at the draft, so probably like a second. Maybe there's a small add since 34 is no longer an option and there's no guarantee the pick would be that good again. 

Maiocco said Bourne + picks (would guess a second), but the niners at the very least should try and get pop Douglas given that the pats drafted two receivers

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Corner looks really good for the niners right now. I'd prefer dt help, maybe edge. 

Josina Anderson says the pats offer hasn't changed. Rumors were they offered 34 at the draft, so probably like a second. Maybe there's a small add since 34 is no longer an option and there's no guarantee the pick would be that good again. 

Maiocco said Bourne + picks (would guess a second), but the niners at the very least should try and get pop Douglas given that the pats drafted two receivers

Kyle gotta have his dudes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I’d be sad about losing Pop. Clearly not an upgrade over Aiyuk, but he’s got the most unique skill set on the roster. Pure slot guy, twitchy. If SF wants an outside guy, it’ll be closer to Bourne or Osborn. Can’t imagine JJSS is a part of this, that’d be a pipe dream, lol.

Wonder if they’d include Judon, tbh.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

I’d be sad about losing Pop. Clearly not an upgrade over Aiyuk, but he’s got the most unique skill set on the roster. Pure slot guy, twitchy. If SF wants an outside guy, it’ll be closer to Bourne or Osborn. Can’t imagine JJSS is a part of this, that’d be a pipe dream, lol.

Wonder if they’d include Judon, tbh.

If I had to guess, it's Bourne + 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If I had to guess, it's Bourne + 2

Who knows. If it really is virtually the “same offer all along” then it might be Pop. KB just re-signed. 

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but the only way I’m doing this if I’m SF is it Aiyuk’s come out and said he’ll hold out deep into the season. Bourne and a second isn’t worth my WR1 in this SB window, if it were me (although Cooper + 2 might be).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but the only way I’m doing this if I’m SF is it Aiyuk’s come out and said he’ll hold out deep into the season. Bourne and a second isn’t worth my WR1 in this SB window, if it were me (although Cooper + 2 might be).

Preaching to the choir. I don't understand this move from the front office perspective. They've really bungled it bad

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Kyle gotta have his dudes

Shanny also hates Cleveland after his time there as an OC under Pettine circa 2014. If he has two relatively equal deals he will go elsewhere.

I might be reading some of these articles incorrectly, but why would the 49ers even care if Aiyuk had an extension worked out with another team? It seems more likely that the other team (Browns, Steelers, Pats etc) would want the extension and SF wouldn't care.

Is it possible that this is all smoke and SF is just showing BA what his actual value is around the league? Maybe that they're getting other teams to write out the terms of a contract that SF will eventually offer? It's more likely that I've been gently misled by some of the stuff I've been reading, but it's fun to speculate on conspiracy.

I just can't envision a situation in which this benefits the 49ers. This seems like it has all the makings of a "lose - lose" trade. 49ers lose in the short term during their window and whomever picks Aiyuk up loses a (lesser) player, a high pick and a gigantic contract for a guy that arguably won't deserve it.

Why would the Patriots trade for him at all with their current rebuild situation?

28 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I might be reading some of these articles incorrectly, but why would the 49ers even care if Aiyuk had an extension worked out with another team? It seems more likely that the other team (Browns, Steelers, Pats etc) would want the extension and SF wouldn't care.

Because those other teams won't pull the trigger unless Aiyuk agrees to signing a new deal. Especially if the trade compensation is significant.

• Like 3